Twitter - ‏@NickChavezMLS - Possibility of a big contract being terminated

Honestly. I have long advocated draining the reservoir, digging deeper, and building an underground stadium. You could landscape the top with trees and ball fields. Nobody would even know it was there until game day.

Not ever going to happen, but it should.

Honestly. I have long advocated draining the reservoir, digging deeper, and building an underground stadium. You could landscape the top with trees and ball fields. Nobody would even know it was there until game day.

I take it ten steps further. I was actually thinking last week about building the first ever stadium under water. What an engineering accomplishment that would be. Sigh.

I take it ten steps further. I was actually thinking last week about building the first ever stadium under water. What an engineering accomplishment that would be. Sigh.
Perhaps just extrapolate the design for Karl Stromberg's Atlantis - not only can it rise out of the water and includes a helipad, but it also has sharks. I bet we'd be the only stadium in the world that has sharks.

latest

Sharks make sense. We're affiliated with Wilmington Hammerheads...

Stadium confirmed!!

If real sharks are too expensive we could always just chuck Wilmington players in tanks with lazer beam headlamps and have them float around until they're ready for a call up.

Can there be hydraulic lifts, so the stadium raises up from the ground on match day?

Etihad Castle can sit on Etihad Island where they can raise a Etihad flag and sell Etihad t-shirts and we can sip the newly minted Etihad beer for $20 a cup while we watch the match in the Etihad Courtyard.
I'll have my ale in a chalice, thank you very much.

Reactions: adam