Twitter - ‏@NickChavezMLS - Possibility of a big contract being terminated

This "journalist" is a joke. . What a way to couch it after... No professional integrity

HEY.

Not a "bad joke". I share what I hear from sources that I have good enough reason to believe could be true. Plenty of times they have been. Also, remember, situations change and develop. Things that could be true one week, might not be a few weeks later after new meetings, contractual realities, and new decisions are made. Also, when I share things in a vague way, it's either because the info I received was just as vague, or I simply am not at liberty to share more detail or I may blow my source's cover.

I'd say, "If you guys prefer, I'll keep what I hear to myself", but that'd be a lie. I'm going to share whatever I deem worth sharing to keep people (who understand how this stuff works) in the loop if they're interested in hearing it. And some obviously are.

As far as Lampard, this was a rumor I heard back when I tweeted this. More recently I've heard that he is expected to return now (unfortunately), and they are strongly considering a contract extension, which is, of course, bananas. Also heard from another source that the earliest he'll be back is in late May. Maybe in time to start and do nothing during the Red Bulls match! (sigh)

To end this on a happy note, I can say that what I've heard over the last few months from several sources makes me strongly believe New York City FC's soccer specific stadium will be in Long Island City. And I can say with almost 100% certainty that, in any case, the stadium will be in one of the 4 Boroughs (not SI), in an ideal spot. The latter is what I've been saying since 2013, even though most journalists, pundits, rival fans, and MLS people called me (and still call me) delusional for believing since then, and "not knowing NYC politics". But, hey... That's why I'm NostraChavez and they're not. ;-)

Anyways, I hope that clears some stuff up. No hard feelings, keep the movement moving. New York City's only pro club playing the world's greatest and most popular sport has a very bright future, and you all will be instrumental in making that happen, as you have been. Please carry on.

HEY.

Not a "bad joke". I share what I hear from sources that I have good enough reason to believe could be true. Plenty of times they have been. Also, remember, situations change and develop. Things that could be true one week, might not be a few weeks later after new meetings, contractual realities, and new decisions are made. Also, when I share things in a vague way, it's either because the info I received was just as vague, or I simply am not at liberty to share more detail or I may blow my source's cover.

I'd say, "If you guys prefer, I'll keep what I hear to myself", but that'd be a lie. I'm going to share whatever I deem worth sharing to keep people (who understand how this stuff works) in the loop if they're interested in hearing it. And some obviously are.

As far as Lampard, this was a rumor I heard back when I tweeted this. More recently I've heard that he is expected to return now (unfortunately), and they are strongly considering a contract extension, which is, of course, bananas. Also heard from another source that the earliest he'll be back is in late May. Maybe in time to start and do nothing during the Red Bulls match! (sigh)

To end this on a happy note, I can say that what I've heard over the last few months from several sources makes me strongly believe New York City FC's soccer specific stadium will be in Long Island City. And I can say with almost 100% certainty that, in any case, the stadium will be in one of the 4 Boroughs (not SI), in an ideal spot. The latter is what I've been saying since 2013, even though most journalists, pundits, rival fans, and MLS people called me (and still call me) delusional for believing since then, and "not knowing NYC politics". But, hey... That's why I'm NostraChavez and they're not. ;-)

Anyways, I hope that clears some stuff up. No hard feelings, keep the movement moving. New York City's only pro club playing the world's greatest and most popular sport has a very bright future, and you all will be instrumental in making that happen, as you have been. Please carry on.
Lampard......contract extension? I don't believe it

HEY.

That should be posted in the Stadium Discussion. That being said, when is Johansen starting?

Lampard......contract extension? I don't believe it

I don't want to believe it, but that's what I've heard from someone who was right about some things before. But, then again, the older rumor about a "big contract being terminated" (or him just "deciding on his own accord" to retire), and the fact that he hasn't been around the team much and hasn't been training with them at all, and has been otherwise MIA still gives me some real doubt that it's true. As well the fact that it just seems like a terrible idea. But, I heard that his value for marketing and sponsorships make it still technically worth it. I hope that's all wrong, because he has been nothing but a dark, useless cloud over the club since he decided to stay with Manchester for the rest of that season.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I don't want to believe it, but that's what I've heard from someone who was right about some things before. But, then again, the older rumor about a "big contract being terminated" (or him just "deciding on his own accord" to retire), and the fact that he hasn't been around the team much and hasn't been training with them at all, and has been otherwise MIA still gives me some real doubt that it's true. As well the fact that it just seems like a terrible idea. But, I heard that his value for marketing and sponsorships make it still technically worth it. I hope that's all wrong, because he has been nothing but a dark, useless cloud over the club since he decided to stay with Manchester for the rest of that season.
Is the "someone who was right sometimes" familiar with the broken clock that's correct twice a day?

I mean, throw enough stuff at a wall and something is bound to stick.

Carry on....

Is the "someone who was right sometimes" familiar with the broken clock that's correct twice a day?

I mean, throw enough stuff at a wall and something is bound to stick.

Carry on....

I don't throw "that much stuff against a wall" though. That's a mischaracterization. I rarely share rumors I hear, to be honest, because I don't often hear many. But when I do, and I think there's reason to believe it, I'll share it. And I only share what I hear, I don't make things up.

But, on the other hand, I've made a lot of predictions about things that were by no means certain, and frequently doubted. And I've more often than not been right. You can find most of those under #NostraChavez on twitter.

One such is example is when I predicted that NYCFC would have 15K Season Ticket holders by the 2015 seasons's start way back in November of 2014. And, of course, NYCFC announced selling 15K season tickets by the 2nd week of the season.

Mind you, this was back when most journalists and fans had hot takes about how NYCFC's season ticket numbers seemed low based on what they learned, and how they expected NYCFC to not draw well at all playing in a baseball stadium, and that NYC wouldn't care about MLS. I saw it differently and predicted that STH figure here in November 2014 (and predicted NYCFC's success and relevance in NYCFC via various debates and pieces in general) here:
I understand that a lot of you weren't there for all that, or weren't on twitter, or missed some of those pieces, but the evidence/time stamps are there. The #NostraChavez is a tongue-in-cheek (for me, humorous/entertaining) way of me expressing that I simply saw, from way back in 2013/2014 how this would all turn out, and with so many telling me I was wrong, delusional, or skeptically saying "we'll see." But, I was right. And like I said, people who were around for that can vouch for it.

Last edited:
I appreciate everything you share - I take much of it with a grain of salt, which I am sure is how it's intended. Still, it's better to have an extra data point than not.

A couple of questions.

Regarding the stadium news - what have you heard, if anything, on timing - both for an announcement and for construction?

Regarding season tickets, any sense on the number for 2016? I get the sense we are probably around 17-18,o00, but that's just a guess based on the single game tickets that become available.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I don't throw "that much stuff against a wall" though. That's a mischaracterization.

But, on the other hand, I've made a lot of predictions about things that were by no means certain, and frequently doubted. And I've more often than not been right. You can find most of those under #NostraChavez on twitter.

One such is example is when I predicted that NYCFC would have 15K Season Ticket holders by the 2015 seasons's start way back in November of 2014. And, of course, NYCFC announced selling 15K season tickets by the 2nd week of the season.

Oh fun game #NostraChavez

upload_2016-4-18_14-41-23.png

Reactions: hiller87 and Ulrich
See what I mean from this Stadium denial? We're gonna be laughin', fam:

I appreciate everything you share - I take much of it with a grain of salt, which I am sure is how it's intended. Still, it's better to have an extra data point than not. .

See, this guy gets it. And it should be taken with a grain of salt. Not because I'm making things up, but because 1) these sources are often a degree or 2 away from an actual club employee or decision maker, and 2) again, things can change from day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month.

Just because a guy in the club hierarchy thinks things are going one way, it can't account for Lampard saying a couple weeks later, "Eh, actually, I'm playing well here, Pellegrini likes me, and I've been thinking about it, and I think I want to try winning a couple more trophies at the highest level because I have something to prove to myself and others. So, no, New York will have to wait."

You can't force a player (especially a big-time star player who has other offers/options) to move to NYC then, especially when he's out of contract with anyone at the end of that year (2014) anyways. That's just one way in which things can change in a heartbeat.

Please understand the fluidity of this stuff, and that I'm only sharing what I'm hearing at any given point. I never, ever make things up.

A couple of questions.

Regarding the stadium news - what have you heard, if anything, on timing - both for an announcement and for construction?

Regarding season tickets, any sense on the number for 2016? I get the sense we are probably around 17-18,o00, but that's just a guess based on the single game tickets that become available.

Unfortunately, I've heard nothing about time frames for construction and announcement. But, I have heard that the deal/plans are being worked on very rigorously by all parties... something that many in the media seem to suggest or speculate isn't happening. I've heard from a number of people that it is. But, don't expect them to spill their beans to the press potentially screwing up their arrangements.

NYCFC is tight-lipped about STH numbers, I've asked sources that have helped in the past, and now they're silent. Could mean they're not as good (as expected for a poor team, shiny toy wearing off, novelty of stars wearing off, etc.) as 2016, or maybe they are and NYCFC are waiting for a rainy day to share some good news. If anyone has any insight, let me know!

See what I mean from this Stadium denial? We're gonna be laughin', fam:

See, this guy gets it. And it should be taken with a grain of salt. Not because I'm making things up, but because 1) these sources are often a degree or 2 away from an actual club employee or decision maker, and 2) again, things can change from day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month.

Just because a guy in the club hierarchy thinks things are going one way, it can't account for Lampard saying a couple weeks later, "Eh, actually, I'm playing well here, Pellegrini likes me, and I've been thinking about it, and I think I want to try winning a couple more trophies at the highest level because I have something to prove to myself and others. So, no, New York will have to wait."

You can't force a player (especially a big-time star player who has other offers/options) to move to NYC then, especially when he's out of contract with anyone at the end of that year (2014) anyways. That's just one way in which things can change in a heartbeat.

Please understand the fluidity of this stuff, and that I'm only sharing what I'm hearing at any given point. I never, ever make things up.

Unfortunately, I've heard nothing about time frames for construction and announcement. But, I have heard that the deal/plans are being worked on very rigorously by all parties... something that many in the media seem to suggest or speculate isn't happening. I've heard from a number of people that it is. But, don't expect them to spill their beans to the press potentially screwing up their arrangements.

NYCFC is tight-lipped about STH numbers, I've asked sources that have helped in the past, and now they're silent. Could mean they're not as good (as expected for a poor team, shiny toy wearing off, novelty of stars wearing off, etc.) as 2016, or maybe they are and NYCFC are waiting for a rainy day to share some good news. If anyone has any insight, let me know!
I buy all of that about what you share, and I don't think I've ever been critical. Until now, when I can do so as and in the context of peers. But if you really couldn't read the writing on the wall enough to question Lampard coming here on time, you're either a willing puppet or an idiot. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that what you suggested sounded a lot like fan fiction.

My unsolicited rec would be either own the fact that you're the 50 shades of Lampard source or else apply some simple common sense tests to what you write. This Lampard report you give now seems about as compelling as the prior one.

Best of luck to you either way. I appreciate you keeping the club name out there. All press is good press and whatnot, so it is said. But an extension at this point makes as much sense as a football bat.

I buy all of that about what you share, and I don't think I've ever been critical. Until now, when I can do so as and in the context of peers. But if you really couldn't read the writing on the wall enough to question Lampard coming here on time, you're either a willing puppet or an idiot. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that what you suggested sounded a lot like fan fiction.

My unsolicited rec would be either own the fact that you're the 50 shades of Lampard source or else apply some simple common sense tests to what you write. This Lampard report you give now seems about as compelling as the prior one.

Best of luck to you either way. I appreciate you keeping the club name out there. All press is good press and whatnot, so it is said. But an extension at this point makes as much sense as a football bat.
Hmm. A football bat, huh? I think this is an idea for Shark Tank.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan