What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
No it hasn't. But he most likely won't be going to NYCFC. Nothing has been sorted out as of yet though.
MLS determines where the player goes so regardless of what we can offer here it will ultimately be up to the corrupt Garber unfortunately.

Reactions: Kjbert
Such a backward way of running a league.
I think the term you meant is "progressive". It's proven sustainable, which is more than we can say for the previous attempts.

I think you will continue to see movement on both sides of the Atlantic to bring the systems closer to accord.

parity makes leagues fun. And MLS has now become a league that is basically Championship caliber, and that level of quality and the parity makes it a really fun league to follow. All the "purist" talk you hear out of England, I'd bet many there would love MLS. You can't buy a title, the pace and players are fast and athletic, physicality is high and diving gets you suspended.

I think the term you meant is "progressive". It's proven sustainable, which is more than we can say for the previous attempts.

I think you will continue to see movement on both sides of the Atlantic to bring the systems closer to accord.

parity makes leagues fun. And MLS has now become a league that is basically Championship caliber, and that level of quality and the parity makes it a really fun league to follow. All the "purist" talk you hear out of England, I'd bet many there would love MLS. You can't buy a title, the pace and players are fast and athletic, physicality is high and diving gets you suspended.

No we wouldn't like that over here. We want our own individual clubs to win everything in sight year on year.
A fun league sounds like a league where fans change clubs every so often. Here you are pretty much born into who you support. Titles can not be bought either unless you look at it from the point of view players are paid so therefore a title must be bought. In which case when you guys started accepting DP's you started buying titles.

We'd love your diving gets you suspended though....please.

No we wouldn't like that over here. We want our own individual clubs to win everything in sight year on year.
A fun league sounds like a league where fans change clubs every so often. Here you are pretty much born into who you support. Titles can not be bought either unless you look at it from the point of view players are paid so therefore a title must be bought. In which case when you guys started accepting DP's you started buying titles.

Recent champions by league total existence
MLS 9 different teams in 19 years total existence
BPL 5 different teams 22 years total existence
la liga 5 different teams in the last 30 years
serie a 7 different teams in the last 25 years

As a yankee fan I totally understand the concept of winning MORE THAN ANYONE.
but a friend of mine from the UK and his family are QPR fans. talking to him once he said how it sucked because his team could never win the EPL. new it, a good year was not getting sent down to the minor leagues(champion league)

I felt for him (and by the way kinda wanted the Yankee mets WS to go 7 seven games)

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene

You can't win by outspending is all I meant. It requires more shrewdness than that required to write a check.

A fun league doesn't mean people change clubs. It just means competitve and exciting for every competently managed club.

You're a City fan, of course you're in favour of how the EPL works because now your team actually has a chance of winning, 10 years ago things would be very different among City fans and most would probably have prefered an MLS type model in England.

The problem with it is firstly the PL is in competition for the best players with other leagues, baseball, football and basketball are not the global behemoth soccer is, the MLB, NFL and NBA aren't competing with anybody for players so it's much easier to enforce salary caps to make it more competitive.

You've also got to look how many teams there are in Europe, the UK has a population of 65 million and there's 104 professional teams here, bigger market teams will naturally have a financial advantage. Take Blackburn for example who actually won the PL in 94/95 (due to their rich owner) Blackburn is a town of 100,000, 25 miles away from Manchester and 40 miles from Liverpool, in the long run a team that small isn't going to be competing at the top. I know very little about baseball or US geography but it would be like sticking a baseball team in a small town in New Jersey and expecting them to compete with the Yankees.

Last edited:
You're a City fan, of course you're in favour of how the EPL works because now your team actually has a chance of winning, 10 years ago things would be very different among City fans and most would probably have prefered an MLS type model in England.

The problem with it is firstly the PL is in competition for the best players with other leagues, baseball, football and basketball are not the global behemoth soccer is, the MLB, NFL and NBA aren't competing with anybody for players so it's much easier to enforce salary caps to make it more competitive.

You've also got to look how many teams there are in Europe, the UK has a population of 65 million and there's 104 professional teams here, bigger market teams will naturally have a financial advantage. Take Blackburn for example who actually won the PL in 94/95 (due to their rich owner) Blackburn is a town of 100,000, 25 miles away from Manchester and 40 miles from Liverpool, in the long run a team that small isn't going to be competing at the top. I know very little about baseball or US geography but it would be like sticking a baseball team in a small town in New Jersey and expecting them to compete with the Yankees.

In Japan and Korea baseball players can make $5 million a year. Turkey ,Italy and france all have pro basketball leagues. WE just pay more so the best players come here.
As far as how many teams you have we don't have lower level leagues in basketball, football or but we have college teams 1000's of them feeding hockey, basketball football and to a lower extent baseball which has 3 minor leagues.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Anybody that thinks Villa isn't up there with the other teams DPs should seriously look back at his career

Real Zaragoza
Valencia
Barcelona
Atlético Madrid
Country
Spain
Individual
Awards
Achievements

*copied and pasted from Wikipedia.

And if that's not enough, watch this video :)
I couldn't count how many times I've watched this video on the train coming home from work. I almost feel like the song in the background is an old friend that I'm being reacquainted with. btw for me, #2 is far more impressive that #1.

In Japan and Korea baseball players can make $5 million a year. Turkey ,Italy and france all have pro basketball leagues. WE just pay more so the best players come here.
As far as how many teams you have we don't have lower level leagues in basketball, football or but we have college teams 1000's of them feeding hockey, basketball football and to a lower extent baseball which has 3 minor leagues.

Baseball has 3 A levels, but there are a lot more than 3 minor leagues

Reactions: einwindir
Recent champions by league total existence
MLS 9 different teams in 19 years total existence
BPL 5 different teams 22 years total existence
la liga 5 different teams in the last 30 years
serie a 7 different teams in the last 25 years

As a yankee fan I totally understand the concept of winning MORE THAN ANYONE.
but a friend of mine from the UK and his family are QPR fans. talking to him once he said how it sucked because his team could never win the EPL. new it, a good year was not getting sent down to the minor leagues(champion league)

I felt for him (and by the way kinda wanted the Yankee mets WS to go 7 seven games)

Ironically QPR are in trouble over breaking FFP rules. Financial fair play, yeh fair to those at the top.

At the moment Southampton are riding high in the Premier League and West Ham have just faltered. Southampton are holding onto fourth even after a spell of 4 wins on the trot. Now they are unlikely to catch MCFC or CFC but continue to push for a Europa League spot and if they can keep there defensive formation together over the next couple of years could start to push like Tottenham for regular European football with a view to getting closer to winning the Premier League.

QPR however have spent a lot of money getting out of the Championship which has made them fall foul of the rules and they are likely to be penalised financially. If they survive their first year in the EPL then they have a chance of building into a mid-table team to push towards a top of the table team. Instant success isn't acheivable in our model but it is acheivable to get to the top over time and that makes the successes when they do happen ever more sweet.

At the moment Southampton are riding high in the Premier League and West Ham have just faltered. Southampton are holding onto fourth even after a spell of 4 wins on the trot. Now they are unlikely to catch MCFC or CFC but continue to push for a Europa League spot and if they can keep there defensive formation together over the next couple of years could start to push like Tottenham for regular European football with a view to getting closer to winning the Premier League.

QPR however have spent a lot of money getting out of the Championship which has made them fall foul of the rules and they are likely to be penalised financially. If they survive their first year in the EPL then they have a chance of building into a mid-table team to push towards a top of the table team. Instant success isn't acheivable in our model but it is acheivable to get to the top over time and that makes the successes when they do happen ever more sweet.
How many teams have actually done that?

You sir are are a ass. your hat is to small.

Seems she has an awful lot of New York experience for a Mancunian........
Amy Scheer is listed as a "Vice President"- which indicates to me that she takes her orders from the "President" of Marketing and Brand Development...and in all likelihood, that person is a Mancunian.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul