Who Did You Support Before?

West Bromwich Albion... Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

When i started following football i didnt know where to start. I picked an English team b/c i thought it would be easier to get news on it in english. I didnt just want to automatically jump on the bandwagon of a winning team. So i've known i have distant relatives in a tiny town in the West Midlands, and just picked the team that was geographically closest to that town.

When i started following football i didnt know where to start. I picked an English team b/c i thought it would be easier to get news on it in english. I didnt just want to automatically jump on the bandwagon of a winning team. So i've known i have distant relatives in a tiny town in the West Midlands, and just picked the team that was geographically closest to that town.
What a great way to pick a team,certainly carnt call you a glory hunter !

Reactions: edurban
Man City.

No MLS team before our team though.

Like your style

Reactions: edurban
Palermo because my dads from there
Inter because I love to be let down
Paok because my grandma's from around there

never been a BPL fan, but i watch it once in a while because its the only thing on... overrated league tbh.

Some interesting replies on here.its easy to follow a currently successful team like Madrid,barca,Chelsea,city ,rags and dippers but baffled how many spurs fans the forum has .maybe its all the games on the telly on a Thursday night in the Europa league.
A lot of those Thursday Spurs games never make it to Fox Sports. Or they're on Fox Sports 2: not HD, letterboxed, and too small to even see who has the ball...
Nope, when I was looking for a PL team to support, I watched the teams of some of the great shipping/ship building ports, Liverpool, Sunderland (So'ton was in the Championship then) because I love ocean liners. But it was a Spurs game, with Aaron Lennon merrily wreaking havoc on the right that hooked me. Certainly not the biggest club or the most consistent, but a club with history, personality and (at their best) flair. They break my heart every year, but you don't choose your club, it chooses you.

David

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
I grew up following and regularly attending Cosmos games with my dad in the '70s and '80s. It was incredible to watch the likes of Pele, Chinaglia, Beckenbauer, Alberto, and others. When my friends and I celebrated our birthdays or other special days, it almost always was at Cosmos games. When the Cosmos disappeared, times were desperate and the New York Arrows in the MISL provided a temporary but fun fix for us soccer-obsessed kids. Remember Steve Zungel?!? As did seeing various World Cup games live (men and women) and following our US teams. Like many others, the lack of a competitive league domestically lead me to Europe and I became a committed Man U fan (don't hate me) since the '90s. Choosing Man U was part personal (friends and family), mostly access (they were the easiest and most oft-broadcasted team at the time), and loving the style and players. My dad and I bought season tickets for the inaugurual season of the Metro Stars but didn't fall in love with the team or experience so we were one and done. In the meantime, I have been waiting and praying for many years to finally have a home team, and our boys in blue (black) for me really has been a dream come true.

Reactions: Gavin23 and edurban
National team: USMNT (AO Member)
Ecuador
I was a Metrostars fan, but left after the red bull change.
Euro club: Paris St. Germain (PSG)
Ecuador club: Liga Universitaria de Quito (LDQ)

National Team: USMNT
European Leagues: Before it was Arsenal but now I have become a Man City fan.
MLS: Was a die hard Metrostarts/Red Bulls fan, not any more. Now it's all about NYCFC.

You can still be an Arsenal or Liverpool fan and be a NYCFC fan. You don't have to automatically become a Man City fan.
Of course. And I know this response wasn't for me but it fits my situation. It happened naturally. For some reason I want Man City to win, even against Arsenal now. Especially today vs Man Utd.