Who Did You Support Before?

I was a metrostars fan until they droppd NY from the title..still I held NY down..so Red bulls it is...and im proud of our team..but football is for you and me not for industry ..plus ive been a yankee fan all my life so im so proud and greatfull for my hometown mlb team for making my dreams come true (along with MCfc) NYC FC an actual club for us ..our city our club.. .I appreciatte manchester and ill show my loyalty and support but I am a gooner wen it comes to the BPL..HALA MADRIIID wen it comes to la liga..bundesliga / Borrusia Dortmund ..serieA/juventus..ligue1/PSG.. ElSalvador/C.D Aguila ..and alot more lmao ..

Reactions: TommyM and BxLio91
USA & España, International teams
Manchester United, EPL
Real Madrid, La Liga
NYRB until I joined one of the S.C. and saw all the infighting and diva esque behavior, That I became completely turned off to that aspect of supporting the club. Red Bull as a whole doesn't care about the supporters or history of the metrostars. They just want to sell drinks. NYCFC was something new and organic that wanted to engage the fans and local community. We chose the crest and we are part of the club as much as the f.o. & players. Although I support Man U, I have no gripe with Citeh being majority owners. Derby day is a different story lol. I grew up a huge Yankees Fan so I am thrilled that not only are The Yanks part owners but Yankee Stadium is housing our new club.

Last edited:
Being an Australian and more importantly a Melburnian I've never had a MLS side. I had a soft spot for the NY Cosmos and was surprised they never made it back to the top flight. So when the City Group took ownership of my side Melbourne Heart & formed your club it made sense that I'd adopt you guys as my MLS team! I will be following with much interest! Go City! ...all of us!

Man City. I did support the Sounders before technically, but only because Yedlin is probably my favorite player right now.

Montreal Impact but never felt connected with the team and players not to mention the management who has no clue how to manage a team in MLS and the poor marketing ...New York is not too far from Montreal so I plan to go see a few games this eason at Yankee Stadium and when NYCFC visits the impact

Reactions: Goodfella
Nothing in MLS. Roma in Serie A. Spurs in the EPL/Sometimes Swansea. I will admit im a fan of the old and the new Cosmos. Some of there fans can be annoying yes but still...oh an Ajax.

Last edited:
Montreal Impact but never felt connected with the team and players not to mention the management who has no clue how to manage a team in MLS and the poor marketing ...New York is not too far from Montreal so I plan to go see a few games this eason at Yankee Stadium and when NYCFC visits the impact
but they are on the brink of making it to the CCL final.

Reactions: edurban
That doesn't seem like something a Soccer team should be named after. I certainly wouldn't ever have picked Dynamo if I was naming a franchise.
Dynamo is a famous football club nickname, used around the world.

In the old Soviet Union, and eventually across much of Eastern Europe, the sports clubs were all connected to a workplace or institution, and took their nicknames from those. "Dynamo" was the sports club of the Moscow based security services, and other famous Dynamos of the early 20th century (Kiev, Dresden, Berlin) were police teams as well. "CSKA" were army, "Torpedo" was navy, "Lokomotiv" was rail workers, "Spartak" was state workers mostly (the anti-Olympics sport movement and its clubs were named after Spartacus).

So many of these clubs produced such great teams, that their nicknames now appear attached to football clubs all around the world, like "Real" from Spain, or "Rovers" or "Wanderers" from the UK.

I've Been an Inter Milan/Italy fan my whole life.

The Whitecaps were the first MLS team I took a real interest in as Vancouver is a great city. I Still hope they do well.

However NYC is my fave city I've visited. Been a fan of the Yankees since a kid and a fan of the Giants since I got into American football a few years back.

I couldn't support the Red Bulls as they are a rival for Scuderia Ferrari in Formula 1, so I've been waiting for a proper NYC team

I hope for a NYCFC v Whitecaps MLS Cup final one day.

Some interesting replies on here.its easy to follow a currently successful team like Madrid,barca,Chelsea,city ,rags and dippers but baffled how many spurs fans the forum has .maybe its all the games on the telly on a Thursday night in the Europa league.

I went to Spain in high school and that instantly made me a fan of Real Madrid. I only watched J-League soccer for any real length of time though; outside of World Cup play. My hometown team is Omiya Ardija.

Reactions: Paul
Some interesting replies on here.its easy to follow a currently successful team like Madrid,barca,Chelsea,city ,rags and dippers but baffled how many spurs fans the forum has .maybe its all the games on the telly on a Thursday night in the Europa league.
American players at Spurs.