Who Did You Support Before?

National Team: US (AO member)
Euro club: Tottenham
MLS: I didn't have anything more than vague sympathies for any MLS teams because I didn't want to support an energy drink and supporting a non-local team in my nation's league didn't seem right.

So you word-for-word stole my answer from 5 posts up? You could at least credit me...

Reactions: Kinkladze
National team US.
Back up national team Italy
UCL team is Juve
My dad and I attended almost all miami fusion home games when I was little. No mls team after they folded.

Calm down bro, I'm agreeing with you. Those were exactly my feelings, couldn't have said it better myself.

Hah, I knew that was going to sound more aggressive then I meant it to be. Seriously though:

f1598ef8d73eb2724f8f24d7db2b2a90ea8a2ca31c9c59c67a95623f0608b203.jpg

MLS - I followed RB. Though I have a casual interest in the Timbers and Revs.

International: Swansea City. I also enjoy watching all the superclubs but have no real interest if they win or lose.

As a life-long New Yorker, I can only support NY teams. It's in my blood. You always support your home team.

I do, however, support teams in other international leagues (Man United/ Juventus).
Other domestic sports, I'm a Giants/ Yankees/ Knicks/ Rangers fan.

So, I was a casual Red Bulls supporter.

NYCFC, however, has this gravity to it that drew me in enough to buy my first ever season tickets to any sport.

Let's go City!

I was born in NYC and I follow MLS (subscribe to their tv broadcasts and probably watch 5-6 games a week) so I've tried over the last four years to work up some enthusiasm for the Red Bulls. I couldn't get past 1) they play in Jersey 2) they have no heart (horrible CCL game tonight) I've been hoping and praying for an MLS expansion team that would actually be based in my city and now there is one. I'll feel a little conflicted when NYC FC play Timbers because that's a team that DOES play with real heart, and Portland has the kind of fanbase I want to see at NYC FC, but so it goes.

My outside the USA team is Tottenham Hotspur. Coys! (Hating Arsenal also makes it tough to love Henry...)

David

I was born in NYC and I follow MLS (subscribe to their tv broadcasts and probably watch 5-6 games a week) so I've tried over the last four years to work up some enthusiasm for the Red Bulls. I couldn't get past 1) they play in Jersey 2) they have no heart (horrible CCL game tonight) I've been hoping and praying for an MLS expansion team that would actually be based in my city and now there is one. I'll feel a little conflicted when NYC FC play Timbers because that's a team that DOES play with real heart, and Portland has the kind of fanbase I want to see at NYC FC, but so it goes.

My outside the USA team is Tottenham Hotspur. Coys! (Hating Arsenal also makes it tough to love Henry...)

David
More Spurs fans!!! MikeyShingles MikeyShingles E edurban @jerseyhotspur @John Visconi

Grew up in Columbus, supported the Crew for a long time, moved away, ended up in New Zealand where I supported the Wellington Phoenix (A-League) for a number of years.

Now in NYC, looking forward to supporting my local team again.

Have always followed European and other overseas teams and leagues, but never landed on supporting one (outside of Wellington when i lived there). Just can't seem to get behind a team unless I'm local to where they are.

More power to those folks who do manage it, though!

National teams: USA and Mexico
International league teams: Swansea City, Everton (only because of Tim Howard), and Atletico Madrid
Prior MLS team: Houston Dynamo (what the heck is a Dynamo?)

National Teams: USA and my secondary is Germany since I'm mainly German and have family there (So I had a great World Cup)

BPL Teams: Always have been a Arsenal fan. As of late I've begun to enjoy Liverpool since I went to the Liverpool vs AC Milan game this summer in NC. Trying to get into ManCity since they are the parent club of my favorite MLS team.

EuroTeam: I'm 90% German so it only makes sense for me to have an affection of Bayern Munich

MLS: I actually just started looking into mls and trying to find a team to support. I got as far as deciding between RSL and Seattle Sounders since they both have great fans and great teams. But then I found NYCFC and am now a fan forever from the beginning of the future dominant force of the MLS