Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

Btw follow that guy on twitter, amazing aerial shots of NYC from the news chopper everyday

Does anyone know if we can go to the shop inside the stadium a few hrs before kickoff? I'll be getting to the BX around 1-115 and want to pick up that home opener scarf before everyone else gets it and it gets sold out. I wanna get to the store but the stadium itself doesn't open until 3

for Yankee games you can't go in until the gates open, I'd assume the same for NYC

Reactions: Buckley
Does anyone know if we can go to the shop inside the stadium a few hrs before kickoff? I'll be getting to the BX around 1-115 and want to pick up that home opener scarf before everyone else gets it and it gets sold out. I wanna get to the store but the stadium itself doesn't open until 3

There is also a team store that you can access at anytime from outside the stadium. It's right next to the Hard Rock. They had a bunch of opener scarves when I went last week.

Here is a link to an article from last April, when they first announced they would use Yankee Stadium

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...s-plans-yankee-stadiums-baseball-soccer-conve

Trost (Yankee COO) also discussed the condition of the field, as the stadium will see more use than ever before. The Yankee Stadium groundskeepers are looking to an National Football League team for solutions.

"The field itself is always a concern," Trost said. "We will be experimenting with what Green Bay uses: They have glow lights. Yes, the field today is being used more than it ever has, which is a concern, but we believe that we can grow grass at night."​

52HjuHsfVO69q.gif

@TomKaminskiWCBS: From @wcbs880 Chopper 880: Still working on a different kind of "pitch" at #Yankee Stadium; #NYCFC home opener Sunday
image.jpg

I think I will have to forego the march to the stadium. I want to get to the team store before everything is gone.

I think I will have to forego the march to the stadium. I want to get to the team store before everything is gone.

Don't you think that if it sells well on opening day that they will reproduce more of those items later in the season? If certain items are going to be limited runs, which ones are they and are they worth it (e.g., the reviews of scarves to date have been so-so)?

In the NY Times article today, the photo captions show that the visiting team locker room will serve as the NYC FC locker room. So where will the away team be? And why aren't we using the Yankee locker room?

UPDATE: Just read the rest of the article, answered my own questions.

In the NY Times article today, the photo captions show that the visiting team locker room will serve as the NYC FC locker room. So where will the away team be? And why aren't we using the Yankee locker room?

The article states that there is an auxiliary locker room that the away team will use and that the Yankees locker room / club house is "off limits."

"The visiting team will use the auxiliary locker room, the third and last in the stadium.

Still, when another baseball team comes to town, N.Y.C.F.C. will have to clear out of its temporary home. The Yankees’ locker room will remain off limits.

'The clubhouse is the clubhouse; we got the next home locker room,' Reyna said before adding with a chuckle, 'We got the next-best thing.'”

The article states that there is an auxiliary locker room that the away team will use and that the Yankees locker room / club house is "off limits."

"The visiting team will use the auxiliary locker room, the third and last in the stadium.

Still, when another baseball team comes to town, N.Y.C.F.C. will have to clear out of its temporary home. The Yankees’ locker room will remain off limits.

'The clubhouse is the clubhouse; we got the next home locker room,' Reyna said before adding with a chuckle, 'We got the next-best thing.'”
Getting that Chivas USA vibe, at least stadium wise, more and more every day. At least they played in a soccer stadium.