Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

Same here. I was very close to buying two seats in the Legends, but felt I would have to justify it somewhat by occassionally taking business folks instead of my kid, friends and fam, so ended up getting first row behind Legends. Maybe next season.
Yeah, I know. Almost did it this year but bought with a group, so I'll check it out next year. This year was about camaraderie.

I think I'll go legends next year as well.
Can't beat the free food. I'll only be coming up 3x so I figure I could resell the rest here for face value and let others enjoy them.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's great! I totally wanna be a part of that, but I can't seem to find it on their Fb page. Any TR members who can give some info?

Its difficult to find, because myself went to find today the invite to post it here and had trouble finding it. however if you are not exactly sure what or where to look for it- its there in their website under a U-21 event .

here is what I tried coping and pasting and only part of it showed up : maybe it may help you or any one interested- The invite say to meet at Giovani's Restaurant . I searched for and 3 Giovanni's restaurant in the Bronx. Note that invite spelling is 1 n and the results came with 2 n's. In my knowledge of the area, the closest Giovanis to Yankee stadium is 149 Street and Grand Concourse . The one in little Italy is not( too small and that is more like a small pizza parlor) the other one is too far north of the Bronx. If I can locate another TR member to get more info. I will post it here. I'm just a new TR member. to RSVP you have to find the invite it will not work here.

February 27, 2015

Join U21 for Opening Day!

MARCH 15, 2015WILL BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DAYS IN OUR CLUB’S HISTORY, THE FIRST HOME MATCH AND A COMING OUT PARTY FOR THE SUPPORTERS OF NYCFC. IT IS IMPORTANT TOTRU21THAT FOR THE KIDS OF NEW YORK, THIS BE REPRESENTED WITH A FUN MORNING PRIOR TO KICKOFF.

Map Data

Terms of Use

Report a map error

The day will begin at Giovani’s Italian Restaurant at 1pm, with Food and Drink being served from 1-3. At 3:15, we will meet up with the other SGs and sing our way to Yankee, where we will watch NYCFC take on the New England Revolution at 5pm. This event is totally free!

RSVP

Forgive me if this has been asked before but metro north is running to the stadium like a regular Yankees game, right? I'm coming from Westchester and I know for Yankees games you can go direct from placed like white plains. Metro North website only shows trains transferring over in Harlem- 125th Street.

definitely hoping for direct but would love confirmation if anyone knows anything!

Just received an email from Ticketmaster that they won't have tickets printed in time to ship, so they made them available via pdf. Is everyone getting this? I was hoping for a commemorative ticket or something but I guess it is nice that I no longer have to worry about when they will arrive.

Reactions: Gene and SayWhat44
I won't be attending the game but I am more then excited for it. I think the atmosphere will be electric and I can't wait.

Forgive me if this has been asked before but metro north is running to the stadium like a regular Yankees game, right? I'm coming from Westchester and I know for Yankees games you can go direct from placed like white plains. Metro North website only shows trains transferring over in Harlem- 125th Street.

definitely hoping for direct but would love confirmation if anyone knows anything!

There is a separate thread on this. So far, they are not planning to run trains, but if you find the thread, there is a link to a Metro North website for questions and comments. Everyone is encouraged to ask them to provide transportation. We are over 30K tickets sold and growing, so the demand is there.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/metro-north-train.2309/

Last edited:
Just received an email from Ticketmaster that they won't have tickets printed in time to ship, so they made them available via pdf. Is everyone getting this? I was hoping for a commemorative ticket or something but I guess it is nice that I no longer have to worry about when they will arrive.
If it makes you feel any better the hard ticket from Ticketmaster wouldn't be anything special at all. Personally, I think the print at home ticket is much nicer in that regard. I'll probably reprint mine (original will be creased from being stuffed in my pocket) a frame it.

I also chose to have them mail me my tickets, but after getting a run around from both TM and NYCFC, I called Ticketmaster yesterday afternoon and told them to cancel my mailing and fix it so I could print them at home.

For the life of me I have no idea why there was a hold on printing and mailing tickets before March 1st. It looks like all the home games this year have that same two week window. Please don't tell me those SOB's are actually looking to squeeze another $2.50 out of us for the print at home fee.

If it makes you feel any better the hard ticket from Ticketmaster wouldn't be anything special at all. Personally, I think the print at home ticket is much nicer in that regard. I'll probably reprint mine (original will be creased from being stuffed in my pocket) a frame it.

I wonder if you'll get Cityzens points for printing out tickets - the lists says you'll get points for "Game attendance with Seasoncard" [emphasis mine].