2015 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Transfers in the last month....

Chicago
F Jason Johnson (4/13/15 - trade from Houston)

DC United
F Michael Seaton (4/1/15 - loaned to Orebro SK)

Houston
M Alex (4/13/15 - trade from Chicago)
D Oumar Ballo (4/23/15 - waived)

Montreal
F Kenny Cooper (4/12/15 - waivers)
GK Kristian Nicht (4/27/15 - transfer from Indy Eleven)
F Santiago Gonzalez (4/1/15 - mutual termination)

Seattle
F Kenny Cooper (4/2/15 - waived)

Sporting KC
D Saad Abdul-Salaam (4/1/15 - loaned to San Antonio)

Toronto
F Bright Dike (4/27/15 - loaned to San Antonio)

Vancouver
M Cristian Techera (4/9/15 - loan from River Plate Montevideo)

word on the street is: Luca Toni may come to the MLS... im hoping he comes here lol hes my man

word on the street is: Luca Toni may come to the MLS... im hoping he comes here lol hes my man
I love Luca Toni. Wouldn't be my first choice, though, but would rather him than Drogba.

Reactions: Mario
I love Luca Toni. Wouldn't be my first choice, though, but would rather him than Drogba.

38 years old and killing it in the serie a... Not Qatar or 2nd division in Greece.

He's like what we do with nemec, but he can finish, get in the right places, pass and hold up the ball.

Villa does all the running around shifting the defense, and creating chances. We just need someone who will score them.

38 years old and killing it in the serie a... Not Qatar or 2nd division in Greece.

He's like what we do with nemec, but he can finish, get in the right places, pass and hold up the ball.

Villa does all the running around shifting the defense, and creating chances. We just need someone who will score them.
You're getting excited about someone who is 38 years old possibly coming to NYCFC? That's like getting exited that your favorite NBA team just signed Manu Ginobli (38) or Tim Duncan (39). Just because they are playing well now doesn't mean that they will be playing well in a season or two. I'd prefer us to sign someone that we can count on to produce for the team over an extended period of time. At 38 years old we'd be lucky to get a full season or two out of this guy.

Reactions: BxLio91
You're getting excited about someone who is 38 years old possibly coming to NYCFC? That's like getting exited that your favorite NBA team just signed Manu Ginobli (38) or Tim Duncan (39). Just because they are playing well now doesn't mean that they will be playing well in a season or two. I'd prefer us to sign someone that we can count on to produce for the team over an extended period of time. At 38 years old we'd be lucky to get a full season or two out of this guy.

at 40 th guy will still be on the field every game of the season.

Villas only played half the games because of injury and will continue to miss games... And he's got like 5 years on Toni.

Reactions: Kjbert

You don't know what you are talking about then if you are comparing it to the NBA. Luca Toni finishes, but you go and take all the whack youngins that can't play the game. Someone like Shelton isn't a pimple on his ass. I'm tired of all you guys crying about age. You can have both. Actually good teams would have both. Stacking a team with young guys cause you don't want people to get injured is silly. Minus Villa, there's no talent on this team. Seriously, not being a dick, but everyone crying about age shows they are a soccer newbie. Except Villa, nobody on our team would sniff starting on an over 30 Serie A team.

Btw Luca Toni is #2 in scoring. 1 goal behind Tevez. Hellas has played 35 games and he's started in 32 of them. But yeah, he's too old.

You don't know what you are talking about then if you are comparing it to the NBA. Luca Toni finishes, but you go and take all the whack youngins that can't play the game. Someone like Shelton isn't a pimple on his ass. I'm tired of all you guys crying about age. You can have both. Actually good teams would have both. Stacking a team with young guys cause you don't want people to get injured is silly. Minus Villa, there's no talent on this team. Seriously, not being a dick, but everyone crying about age shows they are a soccer newbie. Except Villa, nobody on our team would sniff starting on an over 30 Serie A team.
Honestly, I don't care who we sign as long as he can contribute in a posotive manner for NYCFC over an extended period of time.

It's not worth the money to chase after Luca Toni when he'll play a max of 1-2 seasons for us.

The NBA analogy here works perfectly, Tim Duncan is 38 or 39 years old this year. He played at an elite level this season. Luca Toni is clearly doing the exact same thing in Serie A. However, it's not worth it for a team in either sport to sign them when they have 2 years max left in the tank.

Honestly, I don't care who we sign as long as he can contribute in a posotive manner for NYCFC over an extended period of time.

It's not worth the money to chase after Luca Toni when he'll play a max of 1-2 seasons for us.

The NBA analogy here works perfectly, Tim Duncan is 38 or 39 years old this year. He played at an elite level this season. Luca Toni is clearly doing the exact same thing in Serie A. However, it's not worth it for a team in either sport to sign them when they have 2 years max left in the tank.

Why does the length of a contract have anything to do with cost effectiveness when salaries are per year?

Hypothetically. Let's say they could get Toni at a reasonable price for two years. Why wouldn't you want to? I think it's more about age and price than just age.

What's the difference though. This club seems complacent with what they have. So it's all a moot point.

Hypothetically. Let's say they could get Toni at a reasonable price for two years. Why wouldn't you want to? I think it's more about age and price than just age.

What's the difference though. This club seems complacent with what they have. So it's all a moot point.
I doubt we could get him reasonably priced. However, more power to the club executives if they want him.

We have to sign for the longer term. If a guy is a year out of retirement, minus let's say 6 months to get used to the league and the skill level of the rest of the squad, that leaves him with a year or two at most of production. Then you have to rinse and repeat. Now a player that can play 3-5 years makes more sense if you're planning on competing consistently. Without a salary cap, it's much easier but with a DP spot, it's just not going to work.

We have to sign for the longer term. If a guy is a year out of retirement, minus let's say 6 months to get used to the league and the skill level of the rest of the squad, that leaves him with a year or two at most of production. Then you have to rinse and repeat. Now a player that can play 3-5 years makes more sense if you're planning on competing consistently. Without a salary cap, it's much easier but with a DP spot, it's just not going to work.

Truth is...If this team wasn't such ass right now, we wouldn't be even mentioning Luca Toni. I'm just tired of watching a Swiss Cheese defense, a midfield that can't pass accurately over 10 yards and the finishing of an U10 girls team.