2016 Mls College Superdraft

That would be huge. Abu Danladi would be in discussion as the best winger in the draft and legit option to go #1. He would be more of a goal scoring option at left wing IMHO than Harrison. He's not a naturally lefty but has developed a good left foot, and can cut inside to the right to his strong foot where most wingers score.

My theory is that Chicago has not decide who they want number one yet. If they wanted Yaro #1, they would have told him to sit out of the combine like OC did with Larin. If we get any of those top 4 guys, its a victory for us.

Reactions: Kjbert
Could Yaro fall to us?

No longer seems impossible if Danladi enters and with Vincent's stock rising. Personally I'd love to see Danladi get a GA contract because it'd insure we have a shot of getting one of Yaro, Danladi, Harrison, or Vincent. I'd much rather get one of them than Campbell or someone below that.

There was a rumor that came out today that forward Alan Pulido does not want to transfer to Colorado. So they might be looking at Danladi to take that forward role.

The Fire fans seem to think that Chicago is going defense. I guess the question is whether or not they go for Vincent or Yaro with the first pick. Rumors out of Philly are that they are high on Vincent and Harrison.

If Chicago goes with Yaro you could see something like this and if Colorado needs a forward you could see something like this:
1. Yaro
2. Danladi
3. Vincent
4. Harrison

If Chicago goes with Vincent, you could see something like this:
1. Vincent
2. Danladi
3. Harrison
4. Yaro

There are also rumors that Colorado are also high on Harrison so that could set up:
1. Yaro
2. Harrison
3. Vincent
4. Danladi

or if Vincent goes first, IDK who Philly would pick.

1. Vincent
2.Harrison
3.Yaro/Danladi
4 Yaro/Danladi

Any way you slice it Danladi in the draft, is great for us...I just don't see a scenario that has Vincent falling to us.

Last edited:
No longer seems impossible if Danladi enters and with Vincent's stock rising. Personally I'd love to see Danladi get a GA contract because it'd insure we have a shot of getting one of Yaro, Danladi, Harrison, or Vincent. I'd much rather get one of them than Campbell or someone below that.
I still wonder if there's more at play with Harrison supposedly failing his physical - something to the effect of a team (perhaps NYCFC) asking him not to play so that no other scouts can gauge his ability outside versus inside versus other players ?.?.?.? Or if some backroom deals are being spun:

Tin foil hat placed on head....... Could part of the trade for Ethan White have included a promise from Philly not to draft Harrison - rational being that removing White's salary from Philly's books is a huge deal since only one player can ever be bought out each year, and White obviously wasn't part of their plans if traded for a 4th round pick but he's not important enough to waste the buy-out option on?

So if this is what's happening, that leaves only Chicago and Colorado to get past. Yaro is presumably the top pick. There then would need to be one other guy attractive enough for Colorado to want over Harrison..... Danladi could be the player or now Vincent since he's garnering more attention. What position does Colorado most need help at?

I still wonder if there's more at play with Harrison supposedly failing his physical - something to the effect of a team (perhaps NYCFC) asking him not to play so that no other scouts can gauge his ability outside versus inside versus other players ?.?.?.? Or if some backroom deals are being spun:

Tin foil hat placed on head....... Could part of the trade for Ethan White have included a promise from Philly not to draft Harrison - rational being that removing White's salary from Philly's books is a huge deal since only one player can ever be bought out each year, and White obviously wasn't part of their plans if traded for a 4th round pick but he's not important enough to waste the buy-out option on?

So if this is what's happening, that leaves only Chicago and Colorado to get past. Yaro is presumably the top pick. There then would need to be one other guy attractive enough for Colorado to want over Harrison..... Danladi could be the player or now Vincent since he's garnering more attention. What position does Colorado most need help at?
Harrison did not even have a GA deal sign yet with MLS when we traded for White so I would say no.

Harrison did not even have a GA deal sign yet with MLS when we traded for White so I would say no.
Don't be so literal...... It could have been agreed to as "a player to be named later - whomever NYCFC wants to take."

To answer your question about Colorado: all positions

I read that Vancouver is trying to trade up.

Is anyone going on Thursday? I have to be in DC this week and have nothing planned Thursday.

Draft Date - January 14–16
Lets get this started.

Here are the top prospects for us to look for and study up on with the 4th over all pick.

D Josh Yaro, Georgetown
The dynamic defender turned down a Generation adidas offer to remain in school, where rumor has it he will finish a degree at the end of this calendar year. An explosive player with good feet who projects as either a center back or a defensive midfield, Yaro is one of the top players available for the 2016 edition of the draft.

D Brandon Vincent, Stanford
The Stanford Cardinal program is mostly in the news for the accolades of a certain Seattle Sounders prospect, but the team is loaded with next level players. Vincent should be high on every MLS teams’ draft board heading into the fall. He began his career as a center back, but he moved to left back in 2014. He was a stud there and showed off his quality in the attack with a couple of highlight-reel goals. The versatility is going to make MLS coaches swoon at the 2016 draft.
Would hate it to see Yaro at NYCFC. When asked to name 3 persons of past or present he would like to meet with, he named rio ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Van der sar.

Would hate it to see Yaro at NYCFC. When asked to name 3 persons of past or present he would like to meet with, he named rio ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Van der sar.
Well, he'd be drafted by NYCFC and not MCFC so I'm not sure why the hate???

Reactions: BxLio91
Well, he'd be drafted by NYCFC and not MCFC so I'm not sure why the hate???
I would hate it personally because being MCFC supporter.

But not only because he seems to be such a blind MUFC supporter, but also because he picks out 3 footballers. From 1 club. All stoppers.

I mean, who would choose to meet with the footballers who have been kicking their head with the ball their whole life when you can meet with anyone? Or at least choose some interesting, crucial, legendary, odious footballers. I can even understand why did he picked out Van der Sar a,d a centreback, but the fact he named another CB says it all.

P.S. some interesting things were said in this article http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/01/10/combine-interview-superdraft-decisions-often-come-down
I understand that it's rather a play and one would (especially, Vieira) pick out a moe talented player during the superdraft, but still

I would hate it personally because being MCFC supporter.

But not only because he seems to be such a blind MUFC supporter, but also because he picks out 3 footballers. From 1 club. All stoppers.

I mean, who would choose to meet with the footballers who have been kicking their head with the ball their whole life when you can meet with anyone? Or at least choose some interesting, crucial, legendary, odious footballers. I can even understand why did he picked out Van der Sar a,d a centreback, but the fact he named another CB says it all.

P.S. some interesting things were said in this article http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/01/10/combine-interview-superdraft-decisions-often-come-down
I understand that it's rather a play and one would (especially, Vieira) pick out a moe talented player during the superdraft, but still
So he likes players from ManU - big deal. He grew up in Ghana, perhaps ManU has a large following in Ghana - I'd be willing to bet it's a bigger following than ManCity has? Throwing the towel in on somebody because he admires the way three players from a club play the game is naive and shortsighted. Yaro won't fall to NYCFC at pick #4, but if he did I'd be ecstatic for what he could bring to our defense - and I could only hope he has learned tactics and positioning from watching two of the best CB ever paired together in Rio and Vidic.

So he likes players from ManU - big deal. He grew up in Ghana, perhaps ManU has a large following in Ghana - I'd be willing to bet it's a bigger following than ManCity has? Throwing the towel in on somebody because he admires the way three players from a club play the game is naive and shortsighted. Yaro won't fall to NYCFC at pick #4, but if he did I'd be ecstatic for what he could bring to our defense - and I could only hope he has learned tactics and positioning from watching two of the best CB ever paired together in Rio and Vidic.
It's not what I was talking about, but I'd prefer Vincent by his football skills anyway. Unfortunately, he will hardly last till our choice.

And by the way, the drafted players can't turn down the clubs who chosed them, can they? I mean, the league has them already signed and stuff

Last edited: