2016 Mls College Superdraft

So in a nut shell...we basically got arguably the best talent in the draft? I'll gladly take that.

Reactions: Chief and Kjbert
Harrison: “The fans at Yankee Stadium are just amazing. I’ve been to matches there – so I’m greatly looking forward to playing in front of them and hopefully giving them lots to cheer about. I’m just so excited to be a part of this Club.”

Looking forward to seeing you play, Jack!

Harrison: “The fans at Yankee Stadium are just amazing. I’ve been to matches there – so I’m greatly looking forward to playing in front of them and hopefully giving them lots to cheer about. I’m just so excited to be a part of this Club.”

Looking forward to seeing you play, Jack!
He said before the draft when asked which team(s) he liked/was interested in - only mentioned NYCFC. I have a feeling that he was going to be disappointed if he had to go anywhere else than us..... especially Chicago.

He said before the draft when asked which team(s) he liked/was interested in - only mentioned NYCFC. I have a feeling that he was going to be disappointed if he had to go anywhere else than us..... especially Chicago.
I would like to see the two interviews he had side-by-side just to see the difference in body language. :)

You should read up on it before commenting on roster decisions because its kinda of a big deal.
This is why I am very curious to know how much GAM we gave up for Harrison. Does it hamper our other moves? Who else will we now be able to get to shore up our D? Are we still expecting Texeira? Do we have enough money left for Matarrita? If not, what is our plan B for LB (assuming Wingert is plan C or lower)?

Reactions: Kjbert and Konrad
So at the end of the day, our team got younger, faster, and more talented. Harrison is a home run type pick with exciting potential. He's also still in his teens, which makes his skillset even more impressive. I'd say we should all be very excited about this pick. Yes, we gave up allocation money for him, but we'll find other methods to find talented players.

Looking at our offseason so far, I'd say we're off to a good start. Looking at sheer replacements:

Ethan White replacing Kwame Watson
Jack Harrison replacing Ned Grabavoy

Not bad.

This is why I am very curious to know how much GAM we gave up for Harrison. Does it hamper our other moves? Who else will we now be able to get to shore up our D? Are we still expecting Texeira? Do we have enough money left for Matarrita? If not, what is our plan B for LB (assuming Wingert is plan C or lower)?
I really recommend leaving work now, head home, draw a hot bath (add bubbles if that's your thing), grab a bottle of Oban (if you don't have one, pick it up on the way home - 14 yrs) and pour four fingers in to a cup and then go soak in the tub for a half hour with it. Seriously...... you're really tense right now and NYCFC just made the first good move in their history...... go relax and unwind and rest..... tomorrow is another day to worry about future roster moves.

Couldnt have gone much better for us, got the player we wanted most likely for less than if we had traded up for 1st overall before the start of the draft. Philly really helped us by not choosing Vincent

Reactions: JayH and Sabo
mls compared him to lletget- but from the very little ive seen of him, his play is similar to that of kelyn rowe....which is not at all a bad pick up.

Reactions: Kjbert