2016 Mls College Superdraft

I know it's still fresh and we'all giddy like school girls meeting zayn malik...but this kids gonna be the first MLS-first global soccer star.

Seriously though..Not sure if anyone posted these high school highlights...but damn, kid got some skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: SayWhat44
I can't wait until Harrison has a great game and I can yell out in my Captain Hook voice "Good Form Jack!"

edit: Is anyone else as excited as I am about all the clever Jack memes and sayings????

He should be our PK taker so then there is a Jack in the Box.
Or we can have an Apple Jacks tifo.

The possibilities are endless

Today he's the Jack of all Trades!

I know it's still fresh and we'all giddy like a school girls meeting zayn malik...but this kids gonna be the first MLS-first global soccer star.

Seriously though..Not sure if anyone posted these high school highlights...but damn, kid got some skills.

I'm more partial to Harry Styles.
BTW Jack was born in Stoke. So you already snow he can do it on a cold rainy night.

Reactions: The Toe and NickA
Looks like if anyone is going to lose playing time to Harrison it's going to Mix if he doesn't step it up.

I expect that to be a stock answer for every player on the team. PV is going to initially want an atmosphere of competition to figure out who can play each position/role. While there are a bunch of guys that aren't expendable, the staff probably doesn't want them to feel comfortable, especially not before the lineup gets established.

I wonder what the trade agreement was? If philly had taken Yaro and Vincent does the Harrison deal happen? The way it went down it seems like the answer is no. If Chicago was willing to go 1 for 4 and allocation regardless of who they could get at 4 they would have just done the deal pre draft.

Your logic is flawed. Being a GA, his lack of Cap Hit over 2+ years is likely nullifying the the amount of allocation $$ we gave up.
You beat me to the punch I was going to say the same thing. This kids a GA he doesn't account for the cap plus by all indications he's a stud. I love this trade. Also, he plays winger a position we desperately need.

I wonder what the trade agreement was? If philly had taken Yaro and Vincent does the Harrison deal happen? The way it went down it seems like the answer is no. If Chicago was willing to go 1 for 4 and allocation regardless of who they could get at 4 they would have just done the deal pre draft.
My guess is that had Vincent not been available, they wouldn't have made the deal. However, according to Jeff Carlisle, from ESPN, the deal was done before Garber announced Harrison:

But by the time MLS commissioner Don Garber took the stage, everything had changed. NYCFC upped its offer, and right as Garber began to speak, Chicago confirmed the deal. It would select Harrison first, and then trade him to NYCFC in exchange for allocation money and the No. 4 selection, which the Fire used to take Brandon Vincent.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...s-draft-for-harrison-philadelphia-and-chicago

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
I'm thinking maybe Jack will be a TAM player in the future. I hope NYCFC does enough to keep him around as it's great to have someone familiar/who lives/d in the City on the roster -- one of the added bonuses of having Jack on the roster. Much better option than having Jack off the roster, clearly.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Your logic is flawed. Being a GA, his lack of Cap Hit over 2+ years is likely nullifying the the amount of allocation $$ we gave up.

True, but if we had just taken Vincent instead of doing the trade, we'd have gotten the same benefit from signing a GA player. Ultimately, we are giving up some GAM now in order to sign a guy we think will be a star for the team long term and/or provide us with even more GAM if we sell him on.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
True, but if we had just taken Vincent instead of doing the trade, we'd have gotten the same benefit from signing a GA player. Ultimately, we are giving up some GAM now in order to sign a guy we think will be a star for the team long term and/or provide us with even more GAM if we sell him on.
Not quite - Vincent is *not* a GA player. He played four years at Stanford and was a senior. We'd have taken a Cap Hit with him.

2016 GA Players

I'm thinking maybe Jack will be a TAM player in the future. I hope NYCFC does enough to keep him around as it's great to have someone familiar/who lives/d in the City on the roster -- one of the added bonuses of having Jack on the roster. Much better option than having Jack off the roster, clearly.
Just remember, in order for TAM to be used on him, it would have to be a new signing, or in Jack's case, a resigning.

Reactions: Kjbert
Are we certain that we gave up GAM? Or did we give up TAM? I'm not quite certain if I've seen that detail given or maybe I just missed it.

Reactions: sbrylski
Just remember, in order for TAM to be used on him, it would have to be a new signing, or in Jack's case, a resigning.
If Jack wants to stay with NYCFC long term, it doesn't matter what type of allocation money is used - we'll find a way to keep him. Hell, by his next contract, LA will have convinced MLS to grant up to 7 DPs per team so we'll be fine bumping up Big Apple Jack's salary.

[sarcasm]Hey, NYCFC & MLS actually got a mention in today's N.Y. Times! This little item was in there buried among all the FIFA Scandal, soccer in Micronesia and Zindane articles. [/sarcasm]

Chicago Fire Trade Top Pick to New York City F.C.
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS JAN. 14, 2016
  • The Chicago Fire selected midfielder Jack Harrison from Wake Forest with the first overall pick in the M.L.S. draft, then traded him to New York City F.C. Harrison, a former Manchester United academy player, had eight goals and 11 assists last season with the Demon Deacons. (AP)

Reactions: Ulrich