Johansen - $65,625
Lopez - $75,000
Okoli - $53,000
Stertzer - $65,000
Struna - $75,600
White - $65,000
Total: $982,884 of cap space made available
3 International Spots Cleared

*I did not include Mena in my math as he didn't count against the Cap last year and his international spot didn't count

Brillant, Struna, and Okoli are the biggest shocks as far as people I expected to get significant minutes. Some of the other cuts are surprising given the salary cap.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC and Kjbert
The "could be re-signed at a lower rate" blurb is an interesting piece, wondering if any of these guys are in talks to just get a potential cut in salary, being why their options were declined.

Of note, last year we negotiated with players prior to announcing that we weren't exercising their options:

In addition, NYCFC have agreed terms on new deals for defender Ethan White and midfielder Mikey Lopez, while the Club has also finalized a transfer agreement with Trinidadian side W Connection for Shannon Gomez, exercising his contract option.

Connor Brandt, Jason Hernandez, Diego Martinez and Tony Taylor will not have their contract options exercised...

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/11/28/nycfc-announce-roster-options-2017

None of the players we cut loose were subsequently re-signed. So this indicates we are not likely to bring back any players that we declined options on, otherwise we already would have come to an agreement on their new salary.

Of note, last year we negotiated with players prior to announcing that we weren't exercising their options:

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/11/28/nycfc-announce-roster-options-2017

None of the players we cut loose were subsequently re-signed. So this indicates we are not likely to bring back any players that we declined options on, otherwise we already would have come to an agreement on their new salary.
True. Would also be slightly awkward considering that the team has already released "Thank You XXXX" videos for Lopez, Allen, and White.

"Thanks for playing for us, best of luck with your future endeavors!"
*Re-signs for NYCFC*
"Welcome back to NYCFC!!"

GK: Sean Johnson, Andre Rawls
RB: NONE
CB: Maxime Chanot, Alexander Callens, James Sands
LB: Ronald Matarrita, Ben Sweat
DM: Alex Ring, Kwame Awuah
CM: Maxi Moralez, Yangel Herrera, Tommy McNamara
LW: Rodney Wallace, Jonathan Lewis
RW: Jack Harrison, Khiry Shelton
CF: David Villa

Doing the cap math:

Allen - $101,667
Brillant - $319,667
Camargo - $108,250
Gomez - $54,075
Johansen - $65,625
Lopez - $75,000
Okoli - $53,000
Stertzer - $65,000
Struna - $75,600
White - $65,000

*I did not include Mena in my math as he didn't count against the Cap last year and his international spot didn't count
Gomez, Johansen, and Okoli didn't count against the cap

RJ has a thank you video. :confused1: All the way gone.
No more RJ :weary:

I love me a Cinderella story and the flashes of Skill RJ showed for us after being picked up basically out of nowhere made him a legend in my eyes.

I freely admit we will likely pick up a better full back than the guy who was hanging around in our backyard, but I'll miss the big man :cry:

Doing the cap math:

Allen - $101,667
Brillant - $319,667
Camargo - $108,250
Gomez - $54,075
Johansen - $65,625
Lopez - $75,000
Okoli - $53,000
Stertzer - $65,000
Struna - $75,600
White - $65,000

Technically the team also gained $457K in cap space (or whatever the correct # is) by Pirlo retiring as well.