2018 Roster Discussion

This needs immediate updating and probably belongs here anyway.

NYCFC DEPTH CHART: 2018

Striker/Wing: Villa
Wing/MF: Harrison, Wallace, Lewis, McNamara
CM: Moralez, Ring, Herrera, Sands, Awuah
RB: Tinnerholm, Abdul-Salaam
LB: Matarrita, Sweat
CB: Chanot, Callens, Ferraresi
GK: Johnson, Stuver, Rawls

I have it a little different than you. Tummy as midfielder. Hopefully, it doesn't matter and he's not on our 2018 roster.NYCFC 2018 LINEUP.jpg

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
I have it a little different than you. Tummy as midfielder. Hopefully, it doesn't matter and he's not on our 2018 roster.View attachment 7781

I don't we can assume the 4-3-3 anymore. Possibly a 3-5-2.

--------------------Villa---Harrison------------------
-Matarrita--Herrera-Ring-Moralez-Tinnerholm-
-----------Callens--Chanot--Ferrarsi---------------
---------------------Johnson--------------------------

I have it a little different than you. Tummy as midfielder. Hopefully, it doesn't matter and he's not on our 2018 roster.View attachment 7781

My list is intended to reflect that some players can play more than one spot.

4-3-3 is more than 50-50, in my opinion.

You want to do 352, then it looks something like this:

NYCFC 2018 LINEUP 352.jpg

Thought it would be interesting to add in the seasons we acquired the players. (I am aware that Rawls wasn't on NYCFC on 2015, but we did draft him and then loan him out). This is surely PV's team.

NYCFC 2018 LINEUP.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Still waiting on confirmation (which may never come) but one of our current internationals has gotten his green card per a source so that's one less international spot needed by the club next season.

Still waiting on confirmation (which may never come) but one of our current internationals has gotten his green card per a source so that's one less international spot needed by the club next season.

Has to be Villa or Matarrita, no?

Has to be either Villa or Chanot. They are the only internationals who have been here longer than a year that don't yet have green cards.

Good idea. I added that too. We need some domestic CBs or there won't be much roster flexibility come USOC time.

NYCFC 2018 LINEUP.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and Jon
Good idea. I added that too. We need some domestic CBs or there won't be much roster flexibility come USOC time.

View attachment 7785
I think you should consider Sweat a CB for these purposes, especially if we play 3 ATB. Feel certain that his ability to be a depth option across the entire backline is why he's still here. Well, that, and he doesn't look like he's never kicked a ball before on every other touch, a la RJ Allen. Nor has he ever been exposed as a CB to the extent White has.

I hope White finds a good home. I don't rate him, but I like him and saw him measurable improvement after Vieira came.

It's nice that players for us usually improve. Total shift from 2015.

I think you should consider Sweat a CB for these purposes, especially if we play 3 ATB. Feel certain that his ability to be a depth option across the entire backline is why he's still here. Well, that, and he doesn't look like he's never kicked a ball before on every other touch, a la RJ Allen. Nor has he ever been exposed as a CB to the extent White has.

I hope White finds a good home. I don't rate him, but I like him and saw him measurable improvement after Vieira came.

It's nice that players for us usually improve. Total shift from 2015.

Moved Sweat, doing that shows how shallow we are on the left side. I also decided to add in specific roster designations we used for certain players DP, TAM, GA, HG, to see where we're allocating those resources.

NYCFC 2018 LINEUP.jpg

There's no fixed cutoff but that is the idea. Most of us are assuming he will come off GA but I don't think it has been announced yet.
One of the recent roster announcements implied he’d graduated. Something obtuse like another player was identified as GA but Jack wasn’t. Maybe the contact options post?