2018 Roster Discussion

Honest question here... Where do you see NYCFC spending money and improving the starting XI? Which starters are moving to the bench?

Wallce or LW (DP?) - Villa - Harrison
Maxi, Herrera, Ring
Mata - Callens - CB - Tinnerholm
Johnson

This is a good question, since new TAM increase means we could be bringing 3-5 highly compensated players in on top of the current roster.

In order of priority
1. LW
2. CB
3. RB (apparently done)
4. CM
5. RW/Striker

If Chanot is leaving (I really, really hope not) I think we need to sign a stud CB. Is Ferraresi starting quality right away? I don't want Sweat to be the first backup for CB, and I don't think Sands is ready to play the position with the big boys

Buyout a DP. Don't put them on the bench. We learned this mistake already.

This is where I am at. I don't think Maxi is worthy of being a DP in this league. Solid player. Helped unlock our offense at times. But I'm not so sure we were better with him than we were with Lampard. Give Lampard Ring and Herrera behind him and what does he do?

This is where I am at. I don't think Maxi is worthy of being a DP in this league. Solid player. Helped unlock our offense at times. But I'm not so sure we were better with him than we were with Lampard. Give Lampard Ring and Herrera behind him and what does he do?

I would rather have 2016 (full season) Lampard with Ring and Herrera than 2017 Maxi Moralez.

Also watching Tinnerholm highlights and seeing his cutback crosses, 2016 Lampard could probably score 20 goals in MLS.

I would rather have 2016 (full season) Lampard with Ring and Herrera than 2017 Maxi Moralez.

Also watching Tinnerholm highlights and seeing his cutback crosses, 2016 Lampard could probably score 20 goals in MLS.

lol this is a very good point

Well, that was the problem though wasn't it? I think pretty much everyone can agree Lampard was very successful when on the field. Problem was he wasn't on the field enough. Does 2016 Lampard play 270 minutes in 8 days?

And how many more cards do Ring and Herrera pick up if they have offensive minded Lampard in front of them?

Well, that was the problem though wasn't it? I think pretty much everyone can agree Lampard was very successful when on the field. Problem was he wasn't on the field enough. Does 2016 Lampard play 270 minutes in 8 days?

And how many more cards do Ring and Herrera pick up if they have offensive minded Lampard in front of them?

Lampard played 2,100 minutes in 2016, scoring 15 goals with 4 assists. He played in 29 games, starting 24.

Maxi played 2,500 minutes in 2017, scoring 5 goals with 9 assists. He also played in 29 games, starting 28 of them.

Frank Lampard and Maxi Moralez made the same amount of appearances year over year. Maxi made 4 more starts.

Tough to make the stay on the field argument. Especially when you consider we lacked a secondary goal scorer the second half of the year

Lampard played 2,100 minutes in 2016, scoring 15 goals with 4 assists. He played in 29 games, starting 24.

Maxi played 2,500 minutes in 2017, scoring 5 goals with 9 assists. He also played in 29 games, starting 28 of them.

Frank Lampard and Maxi Moralez made the same amount of appearances year over year. Maxi made 4 more starts.

Tough to make the stay on the field argument. Especially when you consider we lacked a secondary goal scorer the second half of the year
Nope, Lampard played 2,100 minutes across 29 games across both 2015 and 2016.

Either way, even including those years as combined, Maxi ha 20% more minutes than Lampard.

There are many arguments that can be made against Maxi, and productivity, especially in regards to Frank, but this is very clearly not one of them

Wouldn't trust this guy as he was the reported on MLSsoccer.com saying it was the aggregated 2017 and 2018 seasons to qualify for the Champions League. /s

If Brillant goes for $75K + International Roster Spot (I value an International Roster Spot at $75K)...

I think Allen goes for $75K GAM and Shelton goes for $150-200K GAM.

I would love to see Khiry Shelton be traded to Orlando. Kreis just taking his old pieces back.

Wouldn't trust this guy as he was the reported on MLSsoccer.com saying it was the aggregated 2017 and 2018 seasons to qualify for the Champions League. /s

If Brillant goes for $75K + International Roster Spot (I value an International Roster Spot at $75K)...

I think Allen goes for $75K GAM and Shelton goes for $150-200K GAM.

I would love to see Khiry Shelton be traded to Orlando. Kreis just taking his old pieces back.

He's also recently broken the Nagbe news. And I think one other