2022 Schedule Thread

Spider-Man isn’t the only one that can’t go home.
View attachment 11811
Hear, hear. I'm so sick of being a nomad.

Playing this one in L.A. makes a certain amount of sense given the logistics, and we may even benefit from getting the travel out of the way so far in advance of our opener. But it shouldn't be necessary. Time for us to get to the bottom of what the problem really is.

Hear, hear. I'm so sick of being a nomad.

Playing this one in L.A. makes a certain amount of sense given the logistics, and we may even benefit from getting the travel out of the way so far in advance of our opener. But it shouldn't be necessary. Time for us to get to the bottom of what the problem really is.
A friend who is a Crew fan messaged me and asked is this prudent or outrageous.

I responded with both. It's outrageous that it's come this far now heading into the 8th season, but I do think it's fairly prudent, in this singular moment, considering the current circumstances

2020 was the first time we had actual "CITI SERIES" or whatever they called it. that didn't happen cause of the pandemic of course. 2022 is the second time we have citi field on the schedule before the season starts. yes, there's always a chance it will get moved for some reason or another. but it seems unlikely we're not going to play all 6 citi field games.
Lol. wasn't talking about Citi Field, was talking about RBA this time. I was just using the Citi example of "Just because it's schedules doesn't mean that's where it'll get played".

Sure, it's very likely to happen, but it's all up in the air with covid and just other scheduling quirks.

Meaning, assuming any other non-scheduled games happen at YS or CF (which won't bc CCL will be RBA automatically), it's just a matter of that singular charlotte game being moved and then it's only 3 stadiums.

... Now I'm curious, with leagues cup becoming a concacaf integrated thing in 2023, does that mean YS will no longer be approved for that one as well? So we'd have to play that at RBA too??

Reactions: Kjbert
If this is the cost of winning MLS Cup, deal me in. We are dealing with the embarrassment of playing a home game in Los Angeles because we won MLS Cup. I'll take that trade every year.

giphy.gif

With the Champions League match played at LAFC, then at LA Galaxy, then at Vancouver. This team may be in hotels for at least 13 straight days. Get that elite status!

With the Champions League match played at LAFC, then at LA Galaxy, then at Vancouver. This team may be in hotels for at least 13 straight days. Get that elite status!

Longer than that; they're in hotels for the entirety of preseason too.

Now don't ask my why but they will return to NY on February 20th before flying to LA for the Feb 23rd game against Santos. Probably because they would have not been home in over a month and might want to see families etc.

That's a really long preseason, or am I just misremembering lengths of previous preseasons?

Now don't ask my why but they will return to NY on February 20th before flying to LA for the Feb 23rd game against Santos. Probably because they would have not been home in over a month and might want to see families etc.

That's a really long preseason, or am I just misremembering lengths of previous preseasons?

yea thats gonna bring up some disapproving comments. the idea was that they would stay in west coast. that being said i assume after the Galaxy game they will stay in the west coast for the vancouver game a week later. instead of going back and forth again.

Reactions: Sabo and Kjbert
1642723532461.png

Hmmmmmm 1642723589864.png

That's a joke right? $52 and $62 for each ticket? I can get off of ticketmaster for a third of that price for EACH ticket. wow.

View attachment 11823

Hmmmmmm View attachment 11824

That's a joke right? $52 and $62 for each ticket? I can get off of ticketmaster for a third of that price for EACH ticket. wow.

That was also in previous years. we're CHAMPS now! perhaps demand will go up and they won't be as cheap.

that being said, they can't undercut what they are charging STH (which they are for mtrl, but not for RBNJ so i guess it balances out).. but yea! free tshirt!

(i better be getting one in the 2022 member box)

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
That was also in previous years. we're CHAMPS now! perhaps demand will go up and they won't be as cheap.

that being said, they can't undercut what they are charging STH (which they are for mtrl, but not for RBNJ so i guess it balances out).. but yea! free tshirt!

(i better be getting one in the 2022 member box)
I hope demand will go up. I hope it'll be hard to get tickets this season. I doubt it, though.

They did a similar deal i think last season where i got two tickets and a shirt or something like that and it was miles cheaper than this. Then again it might have been for RBA... I can't remember though