2023 Leagues Cup

So based on the final rankings ( i know its Wikipedia) the group will be:

NYCFC
Atlas
DC/ NE Revs/ Toronto/ Charlotte? ( based on the whole dividing up the groups by region. I doubt queretaro and juarez would be considered part of the region).

2023 Leagues Cup - Wikipedia
Lol we’re gonna play Atlas more in 2022-23 than we will any Western Conference team.

Lol we’re gonna play Atlas more in 2022-23 than we will any Western Conference team.
wait why atlas? how did that come up in the wiki page? I don't see the connection

--edit--
nevermind, figured it out. i didn't read the last part of how the draw works lol

Our group just got announced.

we are with Atlas and Toronto in EAST #3.

groups all here:

1674236429298.png

Atlas again?

Can't wait for the bellyaching from TFC fans because of the "home" game at Yankee Stadium.

MLS and Liga MX teams were seeded, so the 4th-best MLS team faced the 4th-worst Liga MX team, or something like that. It just so happens this is where Atlas was seeded.

Is nycfc hosting both games? Can they or they going RBA/ CT?
I believe the tournament will be played 100% in the US, so NYCFC will host Atlas and Red Bulls will host NYCFC. The game NYCFC will host will be at either YS or Citi field as that is the 18th home game STH paid for (probably).

Every team will play two matches in the Group Stage, with the top two teams from each group, as determined by points, advancing to the Knockout Stage Round of 32. No matches in the Leagues Cup Group Stage will end in a tie. If a game is tied after 90 minutes, the game will proceed to a penalty shootout. For tiebreakers and other competition items, the Leagues Cup 2023 Competition Guidelines will be published in the coming months

I believe the tournament will be played 100% in the US, so NYCFC will host Atlas and Red Bulls will host NYCFC. The game NYCFC will host will be at either YS or Citi field as that is the 18th home game STH paid for (probably).

Every team will play two matches in the Group Stage, with the top two teams from each group, as determined by points, advancing to the Knockout Stage Round of 32. No matches in the Leagues Cup Group Stage will end in a tie. If a game is tied after 90 minutes, the game will proceed to a penalty shootout. For tiebreakers and other competition items, the Leagues Cup 2023 Competition Guidelines will be published in the coming months

If YS or Citi can host, then CONCACAnFuckoff has no say in this tourney, which is great. They really need to turn into COCAF already.

my question is if they will go and cover up all the red bull stuff with NYCFC stuff like they usually do when we play there as the "home" team. i think that would be pretty painful for them to experience. lol. also, which supporters get dibs on the supporter section? :D

my question is if they will go and cover up all the red bull stuff with NYCFC stuff like they usually do when we play there as the "home" team. i think that would be pretty painful for them to experience. lol. also, which supporters get dibs on the supporter section? :D

i highly doubt they will allow them to cover RB walls. i think during an open cup game didnt they allow the supporters to be both on lower level on opposite sides? i could of sworn they did once.

Reactions: Shwafta