2023 NYCFC Kit Thread

There are few things I love in this world more than Cherry Blossoms, so these are a big disappointment.

dc-united-2023-away-kit-2.jpg

dc-united-2023-away-kit%20%282%29.jpg
online-orchards-ornamental-trees-flch001-64_1000.jpg

dc-united-2023-away-kit.jpg

I am fully underwhelmed with this and the Timbers rose jerseys. What's the point of kits with flower themes if you mute all the colors? The Timbers jersey is monochromatic dark flat pink on a pink-tinged off white background. You have to work to make roses look that boring. This DC United jersey is so muted it might as well not exist.
I'm not kidding or being facetious when I say they should have copied women's dresses:
Roses
View attachment 12532

Cherry Blossoms
View attachment 12531

There are even better examples on a dark background because the colors pop more, but I kept with the white background that is on on the existing jerseys because that might be needed for Away uniform contrast purposes.

I you go flowers, embrace it or don't bother.
I could have sworn we’ve met in person & hung out before. But now I’m convinced you’re just a ghost writer for:

1675888410263.jpeg

Fo71dwiXsAA217-.jpeg

Okay, so let's start the forensic examination of this picture.
  1. The background is the blue mosaic we had a look at earlier. This appears to be a background theme for the jersey.
  2. The announcement seems to use a different font for every character. Not sure whether this is meaningful or what it could mean.
  3. The date is circled in orange - seems to indicate orange accents will be part of the design.
What am I missing?

View attachment 12537

1. The background is the blue mosaic we had a look at earlier. This appears to be a background theme for the jersey.
  2. The announcement seems to use a different font for every character. Not sure whether this is meaningful or what it could mean.
  3. The date is circled in orange - seems to indicate orange accents will be part of the design.
What am I missing?

Subway mosaic tiles -- pretty sure the same gal that designed my bathrooms and kitchen renos also designed the jersey. I'll send them an email.

View attachment 12537

What am I missing?

same 3 fonts used over and over.

taking the "2" - it's in the cursive font that is used for the "new york city football club" that we've seen before. i think this will be on the jock tag (did we see this in the talles video leak?)

the decimal is a mosaic tile.

the "1" is in the font of the NYCFC monogram. So, that will likely be somewhere (behind the collar?)

the "5" could be the new number font for this year? it's italicized though. the NEXT PRO numbers are italicized but the first division MLS numbers haven't been as far as I can remember.

mosaic background for the jersey as we all know.

orange highlights somewhere.. maybe orange "graffiti" graphic somewhere? the circle looks like a graffiti spray

those are my guesses :)

Something you wrote helped me to notice something. In the background, there are the mosaic tiles and then there are some solid lines. The solid lines look like they're forming part of the NYCFC logo.

fo71dwixsaa217-jpeg.12537

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Something you wrote helped me to notice something. In the background, there are the mosaic tiles and then there are some solid lines. The solid lines look like they're forming part of the NYCFC logo.

fo71dwixsaa217-jpeg.12537
good idea, but i'm not so sure. the vertical lines do not continue past the diagonal. there is no part of the monogram that does that... or is there? i don't see it anyway.