2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is it me or do we keep being linked to argentinians? lol. Like the taty/maxi era is over so we need MORE ARGENTINA

Reactions: Kjbert
Man, what did Malte do to get on everyone's shit list?

i dont have him in my shit list....but i dont see him as a starter. i still feel like he gets beat easily. and i know dude struggled to get fit and be able to play a full 90 in mls. he even lost his spot to O'Toole. although technically that was more a system change so a LWB was needed. a new signing is no guarantee but it is a spot that is in need to upgrade ( i see O'toole more coming from bench or fill in a backup winger role).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Man, what did Malte do to get on everyone's shit list?

what did o'toole do to get on nick's shit list? kid was killing it as LWB with consistent performances.

so all of a sudden we're bringing in two more left backs? once upon a time we had just mata and sweat, now we have 4?

where's our right back depth? cb depth? midfield depth?

what did o'toole do to get on nick's shit list? kid was killing it as LWB with consistent performances.

so all of a sudden we're bringing in two more left backs? once upon a time we had just mata and sweat, now we have 4?

One would assume we're working on it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Reactions: moogoo

If Nick wants to play a 4 at the back formation its possible O'toole isn't defensive enough. That 3 CB formation seemed to work mostly because of Callens ability to occasionally get forward and cause overloads.

If Nick wants to play a 4 at the back formation its possible O'toole isn't defensive enough. That 3 CB formation seemed to work mostly because of Callens ability to occasionally get forward and cause overloads.

this is true. i think Nick's preferred formation is 4-3-3, so you may be onto something.

a real shame though if he gets benched due to a formation change. understandable, yes. but a shame, since he really showed potential and consistency.

this is true. i think Nick's preferred formation is 4-3-3, so you may be onto something.

a real shame though if he gets benched due to a formation change. understandable, yes. but a shame, since he really showed potential and consistency.
It's possible Nick is looking to use O'Toole at midfield. But that's just a guess based on how much Cushing rates him.

Possible also that they plan to move one of the new guys inside to replace Callens straight up as an LCB. Just because they play outside now doesn’t mean they can’t play inside.