2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not sure that it’s about Nick not rating him as much as it might be about filling the roster slot with a player with more upside and maintaining some roster flexibility while they try and sign Callens SJ and Santi. Same for Pellegrini.
I was really just going on the fact that Nick didn't play him. Zelalem got time under Delia.

Callens comment... There's no way he's not re-signing if he's commenting right??? One can hope

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116_125056_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221116_125056_Instagram.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: ALBNYfan
Didn't someone also say "Soccer club" at one point? Regardless of the fumbling from those that don't know NYCFC I'll take it lol

This guy said "NYFC"
I was thinking about it. It rolls off the tongue so much better, we’ve all always had trouble with NYCFC. We’re now the only team who plays in NY (not just the city, with a stadium there. I know CFG would never stand for it (and I think MLS might not be allowed to by RB, but an eventual re-brand to NYFC would save a lot of tongue twisting and cement our status as NY’s team.

I was thinking about it. It rolls off the tongue so much better, we’ve all always had trouble with NYCFC. We’re now the only team who plays in NY (not just the city, with a stadium there. I know CFG would never stand for it (and I think MLS might not be allowed to by RB, but an eventual re-brand to NYFC would save a lot of tongue twisting and cement our status as NY’s team.

but then the chant "N-Y-C-F-C" would have turn into the two letter, pause, two letter variant like LA - FC. that would cause chaos amongst the fans! can't do that. as a new yorker, i would be insulted that you would want me to pause for anything! i got places to go, things to do damn it. lol

I've never liked our 5-syllable ungainly acronym. Outside of the NYC-FC chant, it is impossible to use it with any sort of rhythm and it definitely has no flow. Any time you speak it aloud your sentence just sort of pauses weirdly because it just takes longer to say than any team name ever should. Hell, locally we find some of our 2 syllable team names too long and Giants becomes Jints, Yankees -> Yanks, etc.
I also find it weird when people who are not on CFG's payroll get annoyed when someone omits the first "C" as if the word "city" set us apart, but it's not like I don't have odd obsessions myself.
But because so many do care, it's not gonna change.

sooo they gonna sign out of league then

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I went and counted. According to the Club's website, we have 6 international players (not counting Mitrita). The current allocation for each club is 8 spots. I couldn't figure out if we have any prior trades involving 2023 international roster spots.

Interestingly, Castellanos is listed as a DP on our roster. That means we have 5 DPs, 2 of whom are loaned out.

I went and counted. According to the Club's website, we have 6 international players (not counting Mitrita). The current allocation for each club is 8 spots. I couldn't figure out if we have any prior trades involving 2023 international roster spots.

Interestingly, Castellanos is listed as a DP on our roster. That means we have 5 DPs, 2 of whom are loaned out.
When does Mitrita’s K finally expire?