2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If we don't re-sign Sean Johnson, do we make a run at Ochoa?

Not really NYCFC's style lately to sign clubhouse cancers who make it all about themselves.

Maybe he's reformed in DC but they literally quarantined him from the team in Salt Lake, and not for medical reasons.

Another hard pass for me.

I'd rather take a chance on Barrazza first (my biggest issue with him is his size). If that doesn't work, there are more serviceable second-string keepers in the league and surely more on the way.

But I think SJ will end up re-signing anyway.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. Also, I'm not sure whether he was a clubhouse cancer, or whether he was upset about being dropped. I know he's an asshole on the field, but I wasn't aware of locker room issues; I thought he just became a malcontent when he didn't get on the field.

Not really NYCFC's style lately to sign clubhouse cancers who make it all about themselves.

Maybe he's reformed in DC but they literally quarantined him from the team in Salt Lake, and not for medical reasons.

Another hard pass for me.

I'd rather take a chance on Barrazza first (my biggest issue with him is his size). If that doesn't work, there are more serviceable second-string keepers in the league and surely more on the way.

from what i read. he didnt want to sign extension at RSL. RSL didnt like that and shipped him off to DC hoping DC signs an extension with him to get more GAM. it failed. so now neither get any benefit.

I just checked in on the birdsite real quick and I saw Thomas Henry of Hellas Verona came up as a possible acquisition target for striker. It was that "nycfc source" account, no idea if they're at all reliable. Anyone else hear anything?

I looked Henry up on Transfermarkt and his current fee value is €4.5 million, so it's in the ballpark. Frenchman, 28 years old. So, it's at least plausible.

I just checked in on the birdsite real quick and I saw Thomas Henry of Hellas Verona came up as a possible acquisition target for striker. It was that "nycfc source" account, no idea if they're at all reliable. Anyone else hear anything?

I looked Henry up on Transfermarkt and his current fee value is €4.5 million, so it's in the ballpark. Frenchman, 28 years old. So, it's at least plausible.

Kid is like 17 but I think he looks up a lot of international sites looking for nycfc potential targets. So that’s what he mostly reports.

He claims that nycfc will be quite active in offseason.

I don’t think he has any information himself but he does find information put out there regarding NYCFC. Here is what I think he’s basing his tweet off of since Google translating the article led to me getting to one of his “direct quotes”.

I don’t think he has any information himself but he does find information put out there regarding NYCFC. Here is what I think he’s basing his tweet off of since Google translating the article led to me getting to one of his “direct quotes”.

Cool, then there is at least a little something to it.

Henry is under contract through 2026, by the way. And his injury history is minimal. He missed five days and just one game in May due to a minor knock, and three days and just one game last year due to fever.

So, something to keep an eye on.

If I'm reading this correctly, he only scored twice this year, both on headers to draw his club level. Looks like he hasn't gotten much action. He may be hungry.

Reactions: Kjbert
Cool, then there is at least a little something to it.

Henry is under contract through 2026, by the way. And his injury history is minimal. He missed five days and just one game in May due to a minor knock, and three days and just one game last year due to fever.

So, something to keep an eye on.

If I'm reading this correctly, he only scored twice this year, both on headers to draw his club level. Looks like he hasn't gotten much action. He may be hungry.

He's on a team rooted to the bottom of Serie A. Scored 21 goals a couple years ago.

and he'll retire as one. lol unless he agrees to take a HUGE paycut or takes the money and goes to china or qatar league
Maybe we can pay him in beanies & chicken buckets. NYC would up his followers on the gram. Give him a party every night clause.