2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So . . . our Guy from Rye and Santi are both signed through 2027. Talles Magno and Gabriel Pereira are signed through 2026. Mitja Ilenic is signed through 2026 with a one-year club option. Tayvon Gray and Thiago Martins are signed through 2025 with a one-year club option. Matias Pellegrini and Thiago Andrade are both signed through 2024.

I'm liking the looks of things.

He's listed on the site as a Senior International. That's some pretty serious confidence in the kid. (Personally, I think he may be electric. Really excited to see him get his chance.)

That just means he is among our 20 highest earners, I believe, and makes more than $85,000/year. I would think his salary isn't terribly high for such a young player.

Just a refresher on MLS Next Pro to MLS roster rules;

Affiliate Short-Term Agreements
A club may sign a player, age 25 or younger during the league season, from its affiliate (MLS NEXT Pro) to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) each season (maximum of 16 days).

An individual player may be included on up to four MLS league season match rosters each season, however, that player may appear in no more than two MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four Short-Term Agreements.

A club may roster up to four players on Short-Term Agreements per MLS league season match, so long as they are Homegrown Players or Players earning less than or equal to the MLS Senior Minimum Salary ($85,444) with the affiliate. This number will be reduced to one player per MLS league season match after Roster Freeze (inclusive of MLS Cup Playoffs). Additional players may also be signed to Short-Term Agreements for MLS league season games but only in cases of Extreme Hardship.

Reactions: Kjbert
That just means he is among our 20 highest earners, I believe, and makes more than $85,000/year. I would think his salary isn't terribly high for such a young player.
But he's still not a U22, yes? Thiago is a Senior International and also listed as a U22 (Cacha is the other Senior U22). But our site isn't always current, of course. Not sure how that works and I'm still shoveling snow, so I don't feel like looking it up. LOL

View attachment 12599
We weren't maximizing his talents anyway. And--while it does look like Seatlle got the better end of this deal, let's see where we are 10 games in.

Couple years ago they gave away jerseys to media/influencers that were packed in those pizza boxes. I wonder if this is a pop-up event where they're giving away something at a location within the NYC subway system. That's a pure guess based on the train, location pin, and gift emojis in the tweet.

Citywide pizza delivery service. The synergies are obvious.
Also, the curve on that thumb is disturbing.

ETA: what is that middle emoji?

noticed the thumb after you said something. now i will have nightmares.

Couple years ago they gave away jerseys to media/influencers that were packed in those pizza boxes. I wonder if this is a pop-up event where they're giving away something at a location within the NYC subway system. That's a pure guess based on the train, location pin, and gift emojis in the tweet.

this is not as exciting as a new surprise signing. :(

Citywide pizza delivery service. The synergies are obvious.
Also, the curve on that thumb is disturbing.

ETA: what is that middle emoji?
middle emoji is a pin. Probably like a map pin? not sure WHY though.

also the thumb. thanks for pointing it out. ugh

My first reaction was who the 'eff is Dale?

Then I punched myself in the face and did a google translate thingy. "Dale" in Italiano roughly translates to "Give".

So I'm going to assume they're going to be at various subway stations today giving away tickets and stuff. If I had the time I'd hop on the #1 and hang out at the 59th St Columbus Circle stop.

• Haha
Reactions: JayH and Shwafta
My first reaction was who the 'eff is Dale?

Then I punched myself in the face and did a google translate thingy. "Dale" in Italiano roughly translates to "Give".

So I'm going to assume they're going to be at various subway stations today giving away tickets and stuff. If I had the time I'd hop on the #1 and hang out at the 59th St Columbus Circle stop.
Pretty common slang in Spanish. Paging Fantazma Fantazma or any card-carrying Templado

Pretty common slang in Spanish. Paging Fantazma Fantazma or any card-carrying Templado

Yes the word is very common in the soccer/football sense in latin america. Dale New York is kinda like saying "lets go New York"

just interesting they started using the word this year out of no where.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yes the word is very common in the soccer/football sense in latin america. Dale New York is kinda like saying "lets go New York"

just interesting they started using the word this year out of no where.

It's been their spanish language Twitter hashtag for a few years. You're right that it's interesting they're migrating it over to the English side now.