2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions: Kjbert
Season 3 Wtf GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
Reactions: GratefulDawg
i think their season is like MLS. so the contract probably ends in December.
It does. But if their season ended in May I think his sale value would already be at $400k max right now. With a season like ours, it's still very much a depreciating asset. When the summer window comes who will pay close to $1 million for someone they can get for free at Christmas?

It does. But if their season ended in May I think his sale value would already be at $400k max right now. With a season like ours, it's still very much a depreciating asset. When the summer window comes who will pay close to $1 million for someone they can get for free at Christmas?

true, probably trying to get more since they know the deadline is monday and playing with desperation of nycfc office to get a deal done.

true, probably trying to get more since they know the deadline is monday and playing with desperation of nycfc office to get a deal done.
Yes, definitely a game of chicken. In fact, that could be why this is going down to the last minute. Both sides hoping the other flinches.

Also, if it were to wait until summer and we haven't gotten someone else, we are probably their highest bidder, because we would have to get someone to finish the season and any teams on the normal European schedule could wait more easily. But it wold still need to be very much discounted, I expect.

Breakeven for one of the two spots we acquired from Nashville for G$325k

Very disappointing if we did not make any signings to bolster our forward group before the end of the deadline. I understand and agree with the idea that we shouldn't rush into it and should only sign the right players, but still very disappointing that a clear position of need won't be filled until at least the summer.

Then that player will take the rest of this season to integrate with the group, and we likely won't see what they can really do until next year.

This team is still good enough to do some damage in MLS, but just really disappointing to see us not make that move.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'ma tell you something happened yesterday. MLS front offices are wondering what it means. There were two trades yesterday, one between NYCFC and Columbus and one between NYCFC and the Galaxy. Both netting NYCFC a nice chunk of GAM. Very strange trades. Very strange trades. You really have to be a NYCFC, Columbus, or LAG fan to even know what I'm talking about right now. Why would NYCFC do that? Why would NYCFC, who needs a striker and central defender badly, go out and trade for GAM, then not use it before the deadline? Why would they do that? You say, why did Patrick Vieira, Dome Torrent, and Ronny Deila walk away from that job? Why? What's going on in New York City? And that's what people in the league are watching right now. What's going on in NYC? Those GAM trades being made and not being used in the winter transfer windows were very strange trades...

Fug-ykPXwAA9rgy