2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think he still has something in the tank. This is all about UCL. He played this perfectly if that’s the case.

Seems like Messi to Miami is happening.

I feel like that’s a guy we should be in on.

Reactions: Higgs1
Is there anyone at the world cup that would be a realistic nycfc target(especially at the 9)? I think one of the domestic based south Korean players could be a good shout but curious what others think.

Reactions: Kjbert
Give me Enner Valencia for 2 years while he mentors some 20 year-old prospect we bring in during the January window.

Reactions: moogoo
That Sucks The Office GIF

Edit: have we moved down in the pecking order of CFG teams with Bahia now in the Brazilian first division.

Reactions: adam
Fortunately that account is notoriously unreliable if my recollection is correct. Doesn't mean it ain't true, but i need to hear it from a better source.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Maybe Acevedo wanted to be closer to home, maybe Bahia is rated lower than us because he’s not been the most consistent, perhaps there is an interesting financial reason we need Nico off the books. Perhaps we are trying to sign a DP CDM. I wouldn’t say this is a bad move yet.

Apparently all of our players are now going to Bahia

So now they are directly competing with us for players. Kind of fucked bc they have the same exact scouting reports we all share. There should be a rule about dibs between sister clubs. Even for the most basic of reasons as to not artificially drive up their prices.

So now they are directly competing with us for players. Kind of fucked bc they have the same exact scouting reports we all share. There should be a rule about dibs between sister clubs. Even for the most basic of reasons as to not artificially drive up their prices.

Is the Brazilian league better than ours? Is it roughly even? How do we judge that? Is it a league from where players are more likely to get the call to Europe? Why would Acevedo & Santi want this move, aside from the fact they're from South America and might want to play closer to home?

Is the Brazilian league better than ours? Is it roughly even? How do we judge that? Is it a league from where players are more likely to get the call to Europe? Why would Acevedo & Santi want this move, aside from the fact they're from South America and might want to play closer to home?
Yes, it is still better than ours. We're closing the gap, but it is still better. Talles came here because he didn't pan out at Vasco.

I expected more out of Cacha, so I look forward to seeing how we replace him.

Reactions: Kjbert
That account is not the source. It credits this. I don’t know this guy but he claims some news media affiliations.
For South America he is basically fabrizo Romano.

Lol Oh yea totally. Imo best on this side of the world and it might get better if Certain owners get their way with tv rights and other financial structures of the leagues/teams. The bigger teams can flex some of that money but it’s only a handful though.

They owning copa libertadores past few years now. So much so that finals and semi are almost pure Brazilian teams. Boca juniors and river plate are now struggling to keep up. They still selling players to Europe and even young prospects going for decent or good money.

Both Acevedo and santi want to go to best league in this side of world and a chance to qualify to libertadores (which is a huge deal for South American players)

What I fear is happening to nycfc is what happened to Red Bulls. They got a team in Brazil and more resources went to them. They even got to the final of the copa sudamericana (Europa league equivalent) within like three years and more resources going to them to have them be higher in table and go to libertadores. And RBNY fans complain of no signings or just one a season.

We’ll see what happens.

Reactions: adam
What I fear is happening to nycfc is what happened to Red Bulls. They got a team in Brazil and more resources went to them.
CFG isn’t Red Bull. Can’t see this happening. There are enough players around the world to go around. MLS might not be the better league in this case. But NYC is too important for brand purposes to let it go the way of RBNJ.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
Cacha takes a youth designation spot under the cap I think. I don’t rate him but he played well at the end of the season. We probably need to shit or get off the pot with him. And if he’s behind 3-4 other midfielders then let him go.

I love all the fearmongering.

These guys just announced a stupid-sum brand new stadium in NY, they put a shit-ton of effort for YEARS to get this sort of thing done, in one of the hardest construction landscapes in the world. They just won MLS Cup exactly a year ago, and we had a really great run again this year. We've seen conversations with the head saying how he has visions to make NYC a soccer capital. We brought in some high-quality talent, some big-name, big-money signings from brazil.

And yet now we're talking about Santi/Acevedo going to Brazil = the end for NYCFC. Seriously? Come on guys!