After Speaking With My Account Manager

Did your rep say that to you? My rep said that almost verbatim. Unless...you are my rep?

Yeah Frank how dare you do this to us. You weren't actually to play well and this scoring goals what is that! Don't you know the trouble you have coursed. Frankly, I am disappointed in you Frank that you have put me in this position. Your exceptional play has really upset a lot of people and I want you to apologise, sorry apologize for it. Ted Lasso wouldn't put up with this level of performance and I won't either! Just stay fit man that was the deal.

That is what MP needed to say. These good performances needed to be nipped in the bud not left unchecked.

Yeah Frank how dare you do this to us. You weren't actually to play well and this scoring goals what is that! Don't you know the trouble you have coursed. Frankly, I am disappointed in you Frank that you have put me in this position. Your exceptional play has really upset a lot of people and I want you to apologise, sorry apologize for it. Ted Lasso wouldn't put up with this level of performance and I won't either! Just stay fit man that was the deal.

That is what MP needed to say. These good performances needed to be nipped in the bud not left unchecked.
Just want to remind you of this section in our guidelines:
Please refrain from posting unecessarily aggressive or comments with the sole purpose of getting a reaction from people. Or other types of comments generally associated with "trolling". These comments do nothing to aid in the natural flow of conversation and will be removed at the mods discretion.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/tos-cod-please-read.524/

I think there are stricter rules about foreign ownership in Japan. I remember reading that there was something which prevented CFG from buying Yokohama outright, and that they were trying to get those rules relaxed.

Yeah. There's a law (not a JFA rule, an actual national law) in Japan which states that foreign companies can't own more than 20% of any Japanese company. For this reason, CFG are never going to be able to increase their stake in Yokohama.

That's called a joke man I would have thought Ted Lasso would have given it away. More Brit humour accepted but a joke nonetheless.

With respect, from one Brit to another, sarcasm is notoriously hard to interpret on the internet and it's pretty common for people to miss it and assume you're being serious. It would be wise to factor that into future posts, especially as CFG/MCFC/Lampard are contentious topics likely to provoke negative responses here.

Yeah. There's a law (not a JFA rule, an actual national law) in Japan which states that foreign companies can't own more than 20% of any Japanese company. For this reason, CFG are never going to be able to increase their stake in Yokohama.

With respect, from one Brit to another, sarcasm is notoriously hard to interpret on the internet and it's pretty common for people to miss it and assume you're being serious. It would be wise to factor that into future posts, especially as CFG/MCFC/Lampard are contentious topics likely to provoke negative responses here.

Yokohama was to get a foot hold and it helped with Nissan.
Shanghai will be centre of East Asia.

My actual views on the Lampard issues are well documented here. I included the Ted Lasso comment as an obvious flag. Also how is my post unacceptable when on another thread there is a post from BxLio91 with W*nk City in it. I've just been hacked down in the penalty area and been booked for diving.

Last edited:
My actual views on the Lampard issues are well documented here. I included the Ted Lasso comment as an obvious flag. Also how is my post unacceptable when on another thread there is a post from Bi with Wank City in it. I just been hacked down in the penalty area and been booked for diving.

I know that your views are well-documented, and my comment was not so much a warning as a friendly arm round the shoulder piece of advice - we've had a lot of strife between users coming in from the UK to post about Lampard and it's my job to try to find ways of reducing the hostilities. I was simply trying to point out that sarcasm does not tend to read well on forums and that it's probably not helping your case using it - as evidenced by the above.

As for the W*nk City thing - it's not gone unnoticed.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
I know that your views are well-documented, and my comment was not so much a warning as a friendly arm round the shoulder piece of advice - we've had a lot of strife between users coming in from the UK to post about Lampard and it's my job to try to find ways of reducing the hostilities. I was simply trying to point out that sarcasm does not tend to read well on forums and that it's probably not helping your case using it - as evidenced by the above.

As for the W*nk City thing - it's not gone unnoticed.

I simply used humour to agree with other posts that said there would have been no problem if Lampard hadn't surprised a few people. I refuse to walk on eggshells simply because a few vocal people (who we all know) are using the Lampard situation to push their anti Man City/CFG agenda. Which considering their earlier posts are really unrelated to Lampard and more to do with their inner bias for whatever reason.

I also disagree with your last comment, I think if you look at the language and sentence construction it is obviously tongue in cheek. If Ted Lasso is not a dead give away what is! I think einwindir has totally overreacted and I would be fully justified to demand an apology and a retraction of their post. As you know us City fans use humour a lot. Remember, we're not real here and you have only come to see us, when we were in the lower leagues. The rule is if you laugh at yourself you disarm your opponents.

I would be chanting at the first home game "just wait 'till we get Lampard just wait 'till we get Lampard' preferably when we are winning.

Or

We've given Frank a holiday we've given Frank a holiday we've given Frank a holiday sooooo he can play for our FARM team.

Or

Frank's stayed up to watch us Frank's stayed up to watch us.

Or

When one of our midfielders plays well, are you Lampard are you Lampard are you Lampard in disguise....are you Lampard in disguise.

Or

Lampard's on a mission, Lampard's on a mission.

I am sure others can come up with better witty ironic chants that show the world we can laugh at ourselves and render any insults moot. If being a City fan has taught me one thing it is to laugh at oneself. The second is City can lose from any lead this I hope does not infect New York. This led me and some other city fans at one game to chant at the other fans when we were 3 up. Don't worry we can lost it from here, don't worry we can lose it from here. During the comedy years. A commentator on GMR once said City snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. This coined the phase Typical City.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndreT_NY and Paul
I simply used humour to agree with other posts that said there would have been no problem if Lampard hadn't surprised a few people. I refuse to walk on eggshells simply because a few vocal people (who we all know) are using the Lampard situation to push their anti Man City/CFG agenda. Which considering their earlier posts are really unrelated to Lampard and more to do with their inner bias for whatever reason.

Ok that is where I have a problem with you guys form Manchester. This Lampard this is not about being Anti man city or CFG we got screwed and it benefited Manchester City, which is something we dent want or will ever care about. You are not going to get a lot of NYC fans ok with our player balling out for you guys or CFG prioritizing your success. We will ALWAYS care more New York or our other teams abroad over Manchester City, and Manchester City stealing players form us isn't going to be tolerated by American New York City fans. Don't over estimate the value of wins in Europe to a bunch of Americans.

Ok that is where I have a problem with you guys form Manchester. This Lampard this is not about being Anti man city or CFG we got screwed and it benefited Manchester City, which is something we dent want or will ever care about. You are not going to get a lot of NYC fans ok with our player balling out for you guys or CFG prioritizing your success. We will ALWAYS care more New York or our other teams abroad over Manchester City, and Manchester City stealing players form us isn't going to be tolerated by American New York City fans. Don't over estimate the value of wins in Europe to a bunch of Americans.

You have been anti man city/CFG from the start and the diabolical handling of Lampard was just the gift you were waiting for. That's the truth of it isn't it, so you could trot out the I told you so. When the truth is that the majority of man city fans I have spoken to including myself are as incensed as most on here that Lampard is not in New York now. Simply because a deal is a deal and also the issues it would present. For me it just was not worth the negative fallout.

Last edited:
You have been anti man city/CFG from the start and Lampard
If not wanting the success of Manchester to come at the expense of New York City or caring if they win or lose is being Anti-man city then hell yeah. I told everyone form here I'm here for New York City and New York City Alone. Don't give a dam about Manchester City or the BPL and don't like our player going on loan to them. Given this is a board for New York City FC not Manchester City or CFG I would think that is ok. If I wanted to discuss or be a fan Manchester City or CFG I would go to Blue moon.

That's called a joke man I would have thought Ted Lasso would have given it away. More Brit humour accepted but a joke nonetheless.

I didn't have a chance to respond earlier, but this is good to know. I saw your post quoted me and didn't know what it was, so thank you for clarifying the Brit humour - since it was nothing like Absolutely Fabulous. In the future please look out for my antagonistic rants which will comply with forum rules, as they will end with knock-knock jokes.

Wasn't the war of 1812 about British Impressment of American sailors, amongst other things ... hmmm ... i do remember Baltimore and NY both repelling the British ... but seriously ... it's not worth arguing about ... what's the saying about winning an argument on the internet and winning a race in the special olympics?

Reactions: Gene
I feel a lot better. Seems as if they were a little blind-sided with the timing. Not sure if everyone knew this, but our Front Office has been closed until today, thus, they have been slow in reacting to the Lampard news. I would suggest that if you haven't already e-mailed or called your account manager, you should do so. They are collecting all of our feedback and it gets passed to Tim and Claudio. Some key take-aways, if anyone cares:

- Frank will 100% be here in July. We should be able to pinpoint the exact game once the schedule is released on Wednesday
- Today, the front office held a conference call with all employees to tell their side of the story and reiterate the commitment they have to the Club
- No one at NYCFC was expecting this. I believe them. I think, for the most part, the rank and file NYCFC employees, from Claudio and Jason on down, really believed that this wasn't going to happen until the very last minute...when it did
- The Front Office reminded the employees about how strong the CFG scouting system is around the world and that was the reason they were able to find Andres Mendoza. They are very bullish on him in both the near and long term as a key component of the club moving forward. Seems like a bigger signing to them than many of us made it out to be
- Expect to hear a lot more player news in the weeks ahead. Sounds like they are trying to space it out and they have a number of other players to introduce between now and the end of the transfer window. Seems like there are a number of completed deals to announce and some other deals that they are trying to finalize during the window
- Finally, the FO is strategizing on how to "get us out of this." They realize it's a huge black eye to the organization and they are going to make it up to the fans.

That's all I got. But call your account manager. They are listening. I had e-mailed mine on New Year's Eve and was called today - the first day they were back in the office. In my e-mail, I told my account manager that I didn't need or want a response, but wanted them to know how I felt. They are personally reaching out to those who have contacted them. So call/e-mail and voice your opinion and concerns.
I can second all of this. My rep used the exact term "fully prepared to take advantage of the January transfer window." He also expressed how his staff was blind sided and hated being out of the office when it happened. He agreed the timing was terrible. As usual it was a positive interaction with the staff.

If not wanting the success of Manchester to come at the expense of New York City or caring if they win or lose is being Anti-man city then hell yeah. I told everyone form here I'm here for New York City and New York City Alone. Don't give a dam about Manchester City or the BPL and don't like our player going on loan to them. Given this is a board for New York City FC not Manchester City or CFG I would think that is ok. If I wanted to discuss or be a fan Manchester City or CFG I would go to Blue moon.

Unfortunately I hit post by accident. The full post should be above.

I am not expecting you to care about Man City however right now the major sources for NYCFCs fans are either locals or via the wider CFG. This is just reality. I really don't see the point of continually bring up and belittling Man City or CFG. The ownership isn't going to change so it is really pointless and only drives division in the NYCFC fan base. We could be the only team with segregated home fans! Is that what you really want? Many Man City fans feel just as connected to NYCFC as you do. I am personal not happy as the whole Lampard issue has effected the development of NYCFC a team I have followed since it was created. For me one EPL title isn't worth it. I'd have driven Lampard to the airport myself. However, given the fact that all City group teams are linked in my opinion and I have said this on Bluemoon it is unacceptable to be constantly pushing negative comments about sister clubs. Bluemoon is guilty of this as is the melbourne city forum but not to the same extent. We all have to live under the same umbrella. Right now CFG know full well they messed up and if I every meet MP I would ask him why he just couldn't shut up and make his arguments in house. However it is as it is. Lampard is coming in the summer and I can promise you this if it doesn't happen fans in Britain will make our point. The CFG certainly doesn't want a fracture in the Man City fan base also and there are a few of which I am leaning that are really not that happy with the way this has gone down. Comments I have heard are 'this is not how we behave' ,'this is not the City way'. Just mutterings but there. My brother is ashamed of the way CFG have behave for example. You see most of us can remember the bad years and this gives us a sense of humility. When 7000 Sheffield Wednesday fans turned up they were applauded as real fans. Not glory hunters. So for me just as a MCity fan nicking a player from your sister club just is not fair play but neither is constant sniping at a sister club whether it be Melbourne or Manchester. I suggest as with most things City the point has been made we make an ironic chant about it and move on. I do expect as a wider Cityzen that CFG have learn lessons from this and it is NEVER repeat by any of the CFG teams again.

Last edited:
I can second all of this. My rep used the exact term "fully prepared to take advantage of the January transfer window." He also expressed how his staff was blind sided and hated being out of the office when it happened. He agreed the timing was terrible. As usual it was a positive interaction with the staff.

Who ever wrote this did a great job
http://www.nycfcblues.com/2015/01/672/

Unfortunately I hit post by accident. The full post should be above.

I am not expecting you to care about Man City however right now the major sources for NYCFCs fans are either locals or via the wider CFG. This is just reality. I really don't see the point of continually bring up and belittling Man City or CFG. The ownership isn't going to change so it is really pointless and only drives division in the NYCFC fan base. We could be the only team with segregated home fans! Is that what you really want? Many Man City fans feel just as connected to NYCFC as you do. I am personal not happy as the whole Lampard issue has effected the development of NYCFC a team I have followed since it was created. For me one EPL title isn't worth it. I'd have driven Lampard to the airport myself. However, given the fact that all City group teams are linked in my opinion and I have said this on Bluemoon it is unacceptable to be constantly pushing negative comments about sister clubs. Bluemoon is guilty of this as is the melbourne city forum but not to the same extent. We all have to live under the same umbrella. Right now CFG know full well they messed up and if I every meet MP I would ask him why he just couldn't shut up and make his arguments in house. However it is as it is. Lampard is coming in the summer and I can promise you this if it doesn't happen fans in Britain will make our point. The CFG certainly doesn't want a fracture in the Man City fan base also and there are a few of which I am leaning that are really not the happy with the way this has gone down. Comments I have hear are 'this is not how we behave' ,'this is not the City way'. Just mutterings but there. My brother is ashamed of the way CFG have behave for example. You see most of us can remember the bad years and this give us a sense of humility. When 7000 Sheffield Wednesday fans turned up they were applauded as real fans. Not glory hunters. So for me just as a MCity fan nicking a player from your sister club just is not fair play but neither is constant sniping at a sister club whether it be Melbourne or Manchester. I suggest as with most things City the point has been made we make an ironic chant about it and move on. I do expect as a wider Cityzen that CFG have learn lessons from this and it is NEVER repeat by any of the CFG teams again.
See thing is New Yorkers who are coming aboard now to root for NYC aren't cityzen, we don't view our selves as that, and the vast majority of cityzen who come here are the "just deal with it we want a title". Saying that to people who haven't even heard of your team isn't going to help you make friends we didn't care about your team and the first main interaction with them is Man city taking a player and our head coach being a dick about it. And then its "but its the BPL" like we are suppose to care more about a euro league we are try to pass than our own league that not old enough to drink in this this country. The team (NYC) has some making up to do Man City isn't going to be talk about in high regard here neither is CFG. If you are a Man City fan you should know that coming in. They are going to get crapped on here that is the way it is.

See thing is New Yorkers who are coming aboard now to root for NYC aren't cityzen, we don't view our selves as that, and the vast majority of cityzen who come here are the "just deal with it we want a title". Saying that to people who haven't even heard of your team isn't going to help you make friends we didn't care about your team and the first main interaction with them is Man city taking a player and our head coach being a dick about it. And then its "but its the BPL" like we are suppose to care more about a euro league we are try to pass than our own league that not old enough to drink in this this country. The team (NYC) has some making up to do Man City isn't going to be talk about in high regard here neither is CFG. If you are a Man City fan you should know that coming in. They are going to get crapped on here that is the way it is.

I think you will find here there are many fans of both New York and Manchester. It may interest you that I lived in the US and my son is a US citizen. So I find it quite patronising that you project the sense that you speak for the majority when you don't. Just the vocal minority.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndreT_NY