Authentic Jersey

Back on topic...

I finally got an authentic away. Went to the Yankee Stadium store. They have a good stock on home and away authentic and replica kits, plus a bunch of other gear. Thanks to others for the tip. Just need to customize it and I'm set for Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFC 12th man
Back on topic...

I finally for an authentic away. Went to the Yankee Stadium store. They have a good stock on home and away authentic and replica kits, plus a bunch of other gear. Thanks to others for the tip. Just need to customize it and I'm set for Sunday.
Still find this very strange that a grown up wants to put another blokes name on his back.in the UK you would get the piss taken out if you if you did that
Just sayin like

Reactions: Shotofjmoh
Sick post bro. Thanks for the helpful content
Cultural differences mate .once we get you saying football instead of soccer we will have cracked it .
For some reason in the UK we don't like putting successful people on a pedistal we much prefer a loser that tries his/her best
We like to build em up and knock em down

Cultural differences mate .once we get you saying football instead of soccer we will have cracked it .
For some reason in the UK we don't like putting successful people on a pedistal we much prefer a loser that tries his/her best
We like to build em up and knock em down

We will never call it football, because then we would either a) always be confused with football. b) rename fooball, american football like it is everywhere else... thats a non-starter here.

Plus from the business side...

Top 20 soccer teams net worth worldwide, $20,954,000

Top 20 NFL teams net worth, $33,490,000

Do not underestimate the spending power of the NFL. Football already a household, entrenched name. Soccer will remain soccer, hell our league is even called "Major League Soccer" they knew not to get involved.

Still find this very strange that a grown up wants to put another blokes name on his back.in the UK you would get the piss taken out if you if you did that
Just sayin like
I find it very strange that a grown up is shocked to see differences between sporting cultures in countries on the other side of the world from one another.

Just sayin like

Like mentioned before in this thread, it's normal here. Most folks get a players name on the jersey.

Reactions: Jack and JayH
We will never call it football, because then we would either a) always be confused with football. b) rename fooball, american football like it is everywhere else... thats a non-starter here.

Plus from the business side...

Top 20 soccer teams net worth worldwide, $20,954,000

Top 20 NFL teams net worth, $33,490,000

Do not underestimate the spending power of the NFL. Football already a household, entrenched name. Soccer will remain soccer, hell our league is even called "Major League Soccer" they knew not to get involved.
Only joking !!
Totally forgot about that NFL thing as their is very little interest in the UK .we have rugby which is pretty similar but without the body armour.
Is it the done thing to just support soccer and NFL in the states or do you just stick to one sport ? And if you did would you support different teams from different states or would you support both from new York ?

So which one of you lads are planning on buying a jersey at the stadium on Sunday? Gonna be a game time decision for me...Think I'll go with authentic away and possibly a scarf. Just imagine years down the line when MLS is huge and NYCFC is in the MLS cup finals for the 5th time...You're able to say, "look at my inaugural season jersey, I wore that to the first ever game." Seems like a pretty awesome thing, if I do say so myself.

Back on topic...

I finally got an authentic away. Went to the Yankee Stadium store. They have a good stock on home and away authentic and replica kits, plus a bunch of other gear. Thanks to others for the tip. Just need to customize it and I'm set for Sunday.

What do you think of the quality of the jersey (authentic versus replica)?

Also, why aren't they selling the authentic jersey on the online shop (they are just selling the replica one right?)

Only joking !!
Totally forgot about that NFL thing as their is very little interest in the UK .we have rugby which is pretty similar but without the body armour.
Is it the done thing to just support soccer and NFL in the states or do you just stick to one sport ? And if you did would you support different teams from different states or would you support both from new York ?
It’s pretty standard for your average American sports fan to support an NFL team. I would not be surprised if a large portion of MLS fans are at least casual fans of the NFL. I for one support the Buffalo Bills, Chelsea, and NYCFC. It’s probably a safe bet to assume that an American, who is a new MLS or EPL fan for that matter, will still support their respective NFL team. They may not follow the team as closely as they used to but dropping support all together for an NFL team or the entire League is very rare.

Also, why aren't they selling the authentic jersey on the online shop (they are just selling the replica one right?)

It sold out in less than a day. Once it's out of stock they remove it from the website. It'll be back. Eventually.

Reactions: Drainyoo
It’s pretty standard for your average American sports fan to support an NFL team. I would not be surprised if a large portion of MLS fans are at least casual fans of the NFL. I for one support the Buffalo Bills, Chelsea, and NYCFC. It’s probably a safe bet to assume that an American, who is a new MLS or EPL fan for that matter, will still support their respective NFL team. They may not follow the team as closely as they used to but dropping support all together for an NFL team or the entire League is very rare.
That's different than the UK then most people tend to stick to the one sport and I havnt got a clue about any other.would you pay and go to watch both or would you even go so far as have baseball basketball and ice hockey teams as well ?

Hey, I still have a mens small authentic away jersey for sale. Never been worn and selling it at the same price as I bought it, $120. It is not customized with a name or number.

Id like to sell it to a member of the Forum rather than return it for a refund given how few they sold. I could mail it but I would prefer a hand to hand excahnge. That way you would have it for the Home Opener! I live in Brooklyn and work in lower Manhattan. I also plan on going to Ryans Daughter Saturday and Sunday before the match.

One of my sons is a huge Chelsea fan (the other one is a die-hard Arsenal fan ... yes family reunions are tough)....and he knows I support NYCFC and yet he has a hard time coming around because of NYCFC's ownership by Man City. Obviously, you have no issue supporting both Chelsea and NYCFC. How should I encourage my son to support NYCFC?

Just sayin like

Really? Then why does Manchester City send me emails promoting "Hero Printing" on all of its jersey? I sure seem to recall them tweeting out lots of fan pics at the Man City store with fans wearing jerseys with names and numbers on it.

That's different than the UK then most people tend to stick to the one sport and I havnt got a clue about any other.would you pay and go to watch both or would you even go so far as have baseball basketball and ice hockey teams as well ?
Absolutely. Most people are fans of multiple sports. I am probably a bigger hockey fan than I am a soccer fan. Hell, a lot of people (like myself) are fans of multiple teams. I am from California and San Jose Sharks and Quakes have always been my teams. I recently moved to NYC and have adopted NYCFC (obviously) and NY Islanders. I've been supporting Spurs since it was announced that NBC would get all PL matches.

Sometimes I wish that the US (like most of the world) had one sport that really dominated over everything else. It creates a pretty interesting culture. But ultimately I think it is MUCH better to have multiple, top leagues in every sport to watch.

Really? Then why does Manchester City send me emails promoting "Hero Printing" on all of its jersey? I sure seem to recall them tweeting out lots of fan pics at the Man City store with fans wearing jerseys with names and numbers on it.
Not a criticism but on the whole its the under 16 year olds that go for the printing not the adults.even if an adult did have printing there is no way they would wear the shirt to anything bar a game ,people would laugh and stare at them

Not a criticism but on the whole its the under 16 year olds that go for the printing not the adults.even if an adult did have printing there is no way they would wear the shirt to anything bar a game ,people would laugh and stare at them
Dude. We get it. Cultures are different. Get over it and stop derailing these threads.