Away 05/10 - Red Bulls

Well then you get back to the question of who put together this team and then you can start blaming Kreis again. If our team was so great that we could afford to waste draft picks on a guy we sent to TO, waste a pick on Sal Zizzo for a back up keeper, waste a pick on George John who will not play this year, waste all our picks on washed up RSL guys who Kreis knows better than anyone. Let Dan Kennedy get away, Ballouchy. TRADE for Brovsky. WTF, I'm depressing myself.

All those guys are pawns anyway. Kreis had nothing to work with, it was an expansion draft. How are those guys working out for Orlando?

The real misses, as I have said elsewhere, are Nemec, Calle, Mendoza, Lampard, and not bringing in a third DP as expected. Our strength as an organization was supposed to be finding talent through MCFC's scouting department and spending money to attract top DPs. We have done neither of those things, and THAT's why we are no better than your run of the mill expansion team.

I'm trying not to blame anyone because it's early, we are in the middle of a terrible run, and we are an expansion team. But my eyes on on CFG first, Reyna second, and Kreis third.

All those guys are pawns anyway. Kreis had nothing to work with, it was an expansion draft. How are those guys working out for Orlando?

The real misses, as I have said elsewhere, are Nemec, Calle, Mendoza, Lampard, and not bringing in a third DP as expected. Our strength as an organization was supposed to be finding talent through MCFC's scouting department and spending money to attract top DPs. We have done neither of those things, and THAT's why we are no better than your run of the mill expansion team.

I'm trying not to blame anyone because it's early, we are in the middle of a terrible run, and we are an expansion team. But my eyes on on CFG first, Reyna second, and Kreis third.

How is Calle a disapointment. As soon as kreis decided to play him in the right position (shocking a coach playing their players in position) he shined...

Reactions: TommyM
I get that Kreis isn't working with top level talent (at least half the team isn't MLS starting quality), but the fact that everyone just stands around with their back to the net going forward is on the manager. I think I counted only a handful of times someone actually made a run into space when we had possession. And it's like that nearly every week, with players making the same type of mistakes again and again. Truly atrocious stuff so far from Kreis and he needs to take a little more responsibility, rather than hoping for lucky bounces or whatever he said last night.

How is Calle a disapointment. As soon as kreis decided to play him in the right position (shocking a coach playing their players in position) he shined...

He's been ok. I like him as an attacking left back. That's not where he played in South America, so it's ok to take some time to feel out his best spot on our squad.

But he was talked as a potential attacking DP. A guy that could play the wing, and have 3 assists and 2 goals by now. He's been a role player at best, who's most memorable moments have been some wayward rocket launches from 30 yards out.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Interesting stats from whoscored:

Shots: 2 shots led the team, tied with Grabavoy, Alvarez and Mullins who played 20 minutes.

Mix 90% passing completion rate on only 35 touches. Villa only touched the ball 29 times
Jacobson had 80 touches and grabavoy had 66.

Highest rated RJ Allen 7.97, lowest David Villa 6.00

We had 2 shots on target. the goal and Grabavoy's 5 mile and hour baby tap.

Our back line had 7 total tackles, four of which came from Allen.

8 crosses from allen, 7 from alvarez, only one each was on target

He's been ok. I like him as an attacking left back. That's not where he played in South America, so it's ok to take some time to feel out his best spot on our squad.

But he was talked as a potential attacking DP. A guy that could play the wing, and have 3 assists and 2 goals by now. He's been a role player at best, who's most memorable moments have been some wayward rocket launches from 30 yards out.

Agree on Calle. He helps us because he is whip a ball in better than anyone else on the team and we are more dangerous on corners with him taking them. But, ultimately, I think he has the same flaw as everyone else we play at fullback, which is no real pace. Pace on the outside was a huge difference in the game last night.

Reactions: Paul
Well then you get back to the question of who put together this team and then you can start blaming Kreis again. If our team was so great that we could afford to waste draft picks on a guy we sent to TO, . . . .

Question for you if I may - who are you referring to here?

Question for anyone - is there a source where I could go back and review all the team's personnel decisions and moves?Even with a short history I'm losing track.

Question for you if I may - who are you referring to here?

Question for anyone - is there a source where I could go back and review all the team's personnel decisions and moves?Even with a short history I'm losing track.
We picked a guy, Daniel Lovitz, in the expansion draft who we traded immediately back to TO for allocation dollars.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Well then you get back to the question of who put together this team and then you can start blaming Kreis again. If our team was so great that we could afford to waste draft picks on a guy we sent to TO, waste a pick on Sal Zizzo for a back up keeper, waste a pick on George John who will not play this year, waste all our picks on washed up RSL guys who Kreis knows better than anyone. Let Dan Kennedy get away, Ballouchy. TRADE for Brovsky. WTF, I'm depressing myself.

how could we have gotten him? IIRC he was taken in dispersal draft by dallas who had the first pick.

#cfgout

Allen looked better at the end of the game, but it was mostly his fault on the first goal. He is better than Brovsky at LB but not better than Calle.
RJ Allen was terrible. I'll give him his proper for the cross to P. Mully but this guy was getting burned all game. He was slow, unaware and left entirely too much space on the wing for the opposition to run.

Edit: Watch all of the counter attacks. They all end up playing to RJs side because he was nowhere to be found.

Sam ate Allen's lunch yesterday, especially in the first half. Sam created a lot of dangerous plays on that side and Allen could do nothing to stop him. RB's speed was killing us.

Reactions: AJS and roxfontaine
After that performance i'll admit we suck. Getting scored on with 10 men is pretty pathetic.....Going into the season i had low expectations of seeing a mediocre team but not this shit. I'll still be there every week supporting but we really need to get it together!

Reactions: Drainyoo
I think you guys are overrating Mix. Every game I think I must be insane cause you all sing his praises and I'm sitting there saying this guy ain't that good. Maybe he's the best in a group of subpar players, but he hasn't shown my anything.

This team is too slow and can't pass well enough to have a pacey striker, they played better with Nemec and Villa up top. A playmaker and a holding forward. That's what they need to go back to doing. They don't have the talent to keep up in a quicker game.

Not sure if it has been aggregated, but here is my effort, mostly collected from official sources, and a few other articles for larger draft context, etc. I'll skip Villa and Lampard, for obvious reasons.

NYCFC acquires Jeb Brovsky from the Montreal Impact (6/12/2014) (by trading 2nd round pick in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft)

NYCFC Acquires Goalkeeper Josh Saunders (7/10/2014)

Andrew Jacobson joins NYCFC (7/29/2014) (from FC Dallas in exchange for NYCFC’s highest pick in the third round of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft)

NYCFC Sign Kwame Watson-Siriboe (8/11/2014) (in exchange for NYCFC’s natural pick in the fourth round of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft)

New York City FC to Pick Second in Today's Dispersal Draft (11/14/2014)

MLS: From Dan Kennedy to Caleb Calvert, your guide to upcoming Chivas USA Dispersal Draft (11/18/2014)

New York City FC Acquires Matthew Dunn in Dispersal Draft (11/19/2014) (second overall pick in MLS Dispersal Draft)

New York City FC Acquires Defender Josh Williams from Columbus Crew (12/8/2014) (in exchange for allocation money)

MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps trade Omar Salgado to New York City FC, with move to international club pending (traded to NYCFC and then transferred to Tigres UANL for money)

SB Nation: NYCFC look to have done better than Orlando City in the MLS Expansion Draft (12/10/14)

Ned Grabavoy, Real Salt Lake
Patrick Mullins, New England Revolution
Jason Hernandez, San Jose Earthquakes
Daniel Lovitz, Toronto FC
Tony Taylor, New England Revolution
Mehdi Ballouchy, Vancouver Whitecaps
George John, FC Dallas
Thomas McNamara, DC United
Sal Zizzo, Sporting Kansas City
Chris Wingert, Real Salt Lake​

Daniel Lovitz Moves to Toronto FC (12/10/2014)

New York City FC Brings in Meara in Exchange for Zizzo (12/11/2014) (Meara on loan; Zizzo to NYRB permanently)

New York City FC sign Akira Fitzgerald (12/11/2014) (acquired out of contract)

New York City FC clinch Velasquez signing (12/19/2014) (from Real Salt Lake in exchange for allocation money)

New York City FC sign USMNT’s Mix Diskerud (1/13/2015) (on a free transfer, using their number one position in the Allocation Ranking)

Khiry Shelton Joins NYCFC (1/15/2015) (second overall pick of the MLS SuperDraft)

Orlando Sentinel: Check out the full list of MLS SuperDraft picks (1/15/2015)

New York City FC Signs Ecuadorian Defender Andrés Mendoza (1/15/2015)

New York City FC Acquire Midfielder Kwadwo Poku From Atlanta (1/23/2015) (transfer)

New York City FC Sign Slovakian International Adam Nemec (2/2/2015)

New York City FC sign Colombian midfielder Javier Calle (2/6/2015) (season-long loan agreement with an option to purchase)

New York City FC signs draft pick Connor Brandt (2/26/2015) (second pick of the 2015 MLS SuperDraft)

New York City FC sign veteran midfielder Pablo Alvarez (3/6/2015)

Shay Facey joins New York City FC on loan (3/6/2015) (from Manchester City until June 30, 2015)

New York City FC Sign Goalkeeper Eirik Johansen (3/31/2015) (product of the Manchester City Academy)
New York City FC Sign Defender RJ Allen (5/2/2015)
Thank you so much!

My observation is that if we get scored on early we have bad psychological problems. Look how hard we were going at the head of the Sounders game, and how much things changed once they scored (not that that was super early, but it still had an effect). So, not only were we scored on early, but it was via a grossly negligent, horrible defensive error. Realizing that you've left last year's top MLS goal scorer completely unmarked in the box and that you were justly punished for it is a big psychological hit, especially when you're already aware that your defense is pretty bad.

We were gifted a red card early on, but either the team or Kreis didn't make the right strategic decision (IMO) to slow the pace, keep even more posession and just bide their time until that man-sized hole opens up when RBNY makes a mistake and capitalize like lightning. Conversely, RBNY just lopped the 1 off their 4-3-2-1, went to a 4-3-2 and kept exploiting their superior quality.

And, yes, Villa couldn't really get it together. I think Kreis pulled him off to cut his losses and think long-term. We weren't going to win that match, the season is long, and we have an injury-prone DP who will likely produce, in conjunction with Lampard, the best moments yet to come in our season.

I do have to wonder how he feels being stuck with a relatively poor team surrounding him, and what Lampard must think about what he's gotten into, observing from across the pond.

Reactions: TommyM and Paul
I think you guys are overrating Mix. Every game I think I must be insane cause you all sing his praises and I'm sitting there saying this guy ain't that good. Maybe he's the best in a group of subpar players, but he hasn't shown my anything.

This team is too slow and can't pass well enough to have a pacey striker, they played better with Nemec and Villa up top. A playmaker and a holding forward. That's what they need to go back to doing. They don't have the talent to keep up in a quicker game.
I don't disagree about Mix. He's got a good amount of technical talent, and makes great control look routine. However, he doesn't know yet how to do anything with it. He can't provide the killer ball, and disappears within a game.

So pretty much, he's Tommy Thompson, but older and more withdrawn.

"Shined"? Eh. Disagree. He's shown pretty well from that spot, but I don't know that Left Back was his natural position anyway - he's played left back before, but I think he's more comfortable playing further up the pitch, anyway. We just don't have anyone who remotely approaches being a capable outside defender right now.