Away - December 15 - Tigres - CCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing the starting 11 looks like...

-GMS--Taty--Medina-
-Parks--Moralez--Cacha-
-Mata-Chanot-Callens-Tinnerholm-
-Johnson-Barraza

Bench: Barraza, Loaned Player, Ibeagha, Thorarinsson, Scally, Haak, Rocha, Isi

So I'm guessing the starting 11 looks like...

-GMS--Taty--Medina-
-Parks--Moralez--Cacha-
-Mata-Chanot-Callens-Tinnerholm-
-Johnson-

Bench: Barraza, Ibeagha, Thorarinsson, Scally, Haak, Rocha, Isi

I wouldn't be so confident about Sean Johnson. It seems at least somewhat possible he will not be available. Three players tested positive, a fourth is a close contact, and the team just acquired another backup goalie. Would seem that there might be at least two goalies who will be unavailable, plus Stuver who was already no longer with them.

NYCFC Sporting Director, David Lee, said: “2020 has brought forth a tremendous number of challenges, and every team across the league has needed to adapt very quickly to unique scenarios. Unfortunately, our goalkeeper pool has been greatly affected throughout the past week due to COVID protocols. I’d like to thank both Mason and Orlando City EVP of Soccer Operations, Luiz Muzzi, for being extremely accommodating to our need and helping us navigate this unprecedented scenario.”

I wouldn't be so confident about Sean Johnson. It seems at least somewhat possible he will not be available. Three players tested positive, a fourth is a close contact, and the team just acquired another backup goalie. Would seem that there might be at least two goalies who will be unavailable, plus Stuver who was already no longer with them.

Yikes. Team was stretched pretty thin before losing 3-4 players more to the virus. Why do you think 2 keepers (beyond Stuver) are among those affected? One seems all but certain, but I don't see reason to think 2 were. When we replaced Stuver it showed, I think, that we want to have 3 keepers on hand. Getting one additional replacement suggests to me that one keeper is affected.

giphy.gif

Reactions: canchon

welp whatever little chance we had is gone. at least its 10:30 and looks like i wont have to stay up for this.

Sean Johnson confirmed as the close contact. He's out, and Barraza will start.

Before this I believed NYCFC should take the event seriously and play its best team. At this point, no Ring, no Sands, no Johnson, who knows who the other three players are who tested positive. Just use this game as a chance to give players a run out who didn't feature much during the season. No reason to risk injury with potentially only six weeks before preseason will begin. It'll be nice to watch an NYCFC game, but we shouldn't expect much.

I'm looking forward to seeing Barraza get a run out. Among available players (pending additional info about the 3 positive tests), the only ones I worry about getting injured are Maxi and Tinnerholm. If they are available and you don't play them, you're signalling that you gave up.

Everyone else we can probably manage a decent replacement in the offseason. Maybe Taty is a concern, but he seems much more likely to fake 17 injuries during the game than get 1 real one.

:(

i was actually getting excited for this...

anyone know if Tigres is being ravaged by covid/injuries too? maybe it'll be B-team vs B-team... battle of the benches!

:(

i was actually getting excited for this...

anyone know if Tigres is being ravaged by covid/injuries too? maybe it'll be B-team vs B-team... battle of the benches!

they brought over a bunch of players from their youth team but its expected their main team will play.

Reactions: moogoo
I will tune in cause I will support who ever is playing, even if it isn't our best XI. They are still our guys and I want to support them. It's not like our bench is trash either. We have talent and depth. Will they have what it takes to take on a full power Tigres side? who knows. But I'd be willing to bet they will play their hearts out.

It's still a chance to win some silverware, so there's no reason to call it quits just yet. I'd say our biggest disadvantage is coming from a much colder climate with only a few hours to get adjusted, whereas Tigres will be very comfortable.

No expectations as I tune in but hoping to be pleasantly surprised. No better time than for Medina to bust out a hat trick!

I'm looking forward to seeing Barraza get a run out. Among available players (pending additional info about the 3 positive tests), the only ones I worry about getting injured are Maxi and Tinnerholm. If they are available and you don't play them, you're signalling that you gave up.

Everyone else we can probably manage a decent replacement in the offseason. Maybe Taty is a concern, but he seems much more likely to fake 17 injuries during the game than get 1 real one.
I'm also looking forward to see what Barraza can do in this one, and get a sense of what we have in him going forward.

I'm doubly excited to now have an alum from my alma mater starting a meaningful match for us (though I do wish it was not in these circumstances and hope SeanJohn continues to test negative).

Based solely on the posted training pics.... this is who I noticed not in training (and wasn't already injured):

GMS, Parks, Gudi, JPT, Rocha.

That's obviously more than 3. So they maybe didn't get photographed or were one of the blurry people I couldn't make out. I also noticed a new face .. possibly academy player brought up for training?

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Based solely on the posted training pics.... this is who I noticed not in training (and wasn't already injured):

GMS, Parks, Gudi, JPT, Rocha.

That's obviously more than 3. So they maybe didn't get photographed or were one of the blurry people I couldn't make out. I also noticed a new face .. possibly academy player brought up for training?

Pretty sure that was Jasson.

I don't think I saw Ibeagha, either. So three out of those six players may not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.