CCL - March 15 - Comunicaciones (Away)

This is the correct analysis on that second goal. They had a couple of people clearly offside, but lucky for them those weren't the guys who touched the ball.

There is a better angle that was shown during the live broadcast that goes across the back line. Most of the cremas players are offsides, but the guy who heads it is onsides. Parks LETS HIM GO thinking he is offsides but everyone behind him (Parks) had dropped deeper already. He (33?) heads the ball, and there are 2 players in front of goal. One of these players is offsides and the other looked onsides to me by a bit. Johnson makes the save and the player who is onsides finishes. The offsides player didn't make any attempt.

This reinforces my comment on Thiago's close out on their 4th goal. Dude was attempting an xG of 2%. The smart defense there is to close out with primary responsibility that you don't let the player fake and drive past you. If the guy scores on a 2% shot, tip your hat.

On the other side, Taty scores on a 1% chance. Dear lord!

Reactions: Gotham Gator
This is the correct analysis on that second goal. They had a couple of people clearly offside, but lucky for them those weren't the guys who touched the ball.
But given their placement, it seems tough to argue that the didn’t impact play. You don’t need to touch the ball or commit a foul to influence play.

But given their placement, it seems tough to argue that the didn’t impact play. You don’t need to touch the ball or commit a foul to influence play.
I think maybe we are talking about different goals? I was referring to the set piece coming in from the left side of the offense. The header was by the first attacker, who was clearly on. The ball never reached the offside players.