Away - December 15 - Tigres - CCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that was Jasson.

I don't think I saw Ibeagha, either. So three out of those six players may not be available.

I saw ibby with a hat as a blur in the background of one photo. The new face is definitely not Jasson. I was thinking maybe the on loan keeper but eliminated him because why would he be practicing outfield positions?

My feeling is Parks and JPT have it. I'm unsure on the third.

I saw ibby with a hat as a blur in the background of one photo. The new face is definitely not Jasson. I was thinking maybe the on loan keeper but eliminated him because why would he be practicing outfield positions?

My feeling is Parks and JPT have it. I'm unsure on the third.
Possibly goalkeepers which would explain Johnson being quarantined and us having to loan a keeper from Orlando despite just having loaned one from Indy. So possibly the Indy keeper got it.

I'm going to tune into the game without any expectations and surely still end up emotional about it and likely disappointed. That's just my life now since I've supported this team.

Wouldn’t be any other way with NYCFC
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Based solely on the posted training pics.... this is who I noticed not in training (and wasn't already injured):

GMS, Parks, Gudi, JPT, Rocha.

That's obviously more than 3. So they maybe didn't get photographed or were one of the blurry people I couldn't make out. I also noticed a new face .. possibly academy player brought up for training?
Remember that GMS is cut (although they said they may bring him back) but is under contract until Dec. 31 I believe. Montreal gave players in that situation (cut or not-renewed on MLS deadline last week) the option to play or not, most chose not to from what I read. So he may not be a case or contact, and was eligible to play, but may have opted out.

Remember that GMS is cut (although they said they may bring him back) but is under contract until Dec. 31 I believe. Montreal gave players in that situation (cut or not-renewed on MLS deadline last week) the option to play or not, most chose not to from what I read. So he may not be a case or contact, and was eligible to play, but may have opted out.

I recall the roster press release saying he would be staying on to play.. but maybe contract negotiations fell through..?

Here's the quote:" Although we declined the options for Gary and Gedion, we remain in discussions with both about potentially returning to NYCFC next season. We’re happy Gary has decided to remain with the squad through the Concacaf Champions League later this month"

I think the game has been moved from FS2 to FS1.

MLS website says FS2.
Fox website says FS1 (scroll down).
My DirecTV system chanel/program guide shows it on neither (but it is on TUDN).

So my guess is Fox moved it and other sites have not fully updated. It certainly complicates recording the game.

Seems officially on fs1. DVR should handle the change easily. Not like the old days when you had to tell it what channel and time.

DVR should handle the change easily. Not like the old days when you had to tell it what channel and time.
But not if, as I noted, the TV provider programming guide is not updated. The DVR cannot magically figure out what to do if the programming info fed into it is wrong.

IMG_0122.JPG

For any system in a similar status that has not been updated, you have to tell it to record Skip and Shannon, then check closer to game time to see if the programming was updated during the day.

If you have FiOS, you could also do a manual recording for FS1, that bypasses the TV guide and ensures you'll get the game even if they update something.

Reactions: mgarbowski
But not if, as I noted, the TV provider programming guide is not updated. The DVR cannot magically figure out what to do if the programming info fed into it is wrong.

View attachment 10980

For any system in a similar status that has not been updated, you have to tell it to record Skip and Shannon, then check closer to game time to see if the programming was updated during the day.

You're right. Guess we'll have to see if the guide changes closer to game time. I'll be watching live anyway but these sorts of changes should be updated to guides better for those who need to/want to DVR.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The MLS preview for the Olimpia/Impact game lists several players OUT with "Undisclosed Injury," which has often been used for COVID positive players. So far, no such listings either to NYCFC or Tigres.

Status
Not open for further replies.