Champions League- Tough Draws For Some Epl Clubs, Good Break For One

As a City fan, I'm not even mad anymore. We suck. Just going to sit back and enjoy Messi's brilliance in these next 45 minutes, since it doesn't look like I'll get a chance to enjoy anything else lol.

Barcelona could be up by like 5 goals.... my god, they're just so much better than Manchester.

2012-2013 i think, the year it was Dortmund/Bayern in the final.

How embarrassing. It wasn't that long ago after all. The EPL is still up there of course; the EPL teams must be beating each other up week after week. Maybe the disparity in the Spanish league helps the elite Spanish clubs in champions league competitions. I have to believe that Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid will be the favorites to win it all this year.

How embarrassing. It wasn't that long ago after all. The EPL is still up there of course; the EPL teams must be beating each other up week after week. Maybe the disparity in the Spanish league helps the elite Spanish clubs in champions league competitions. I have to believe that Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid will be the favorites to win it all this year.

If the EPL wants to compete in the champions league, they get rid of the League Cup and stop loading up the Christmas schedule. Everyone else comes into the Round of 16 rested; the EPL sides are exhausted.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
For all their dominance throughout the match, Barcelona hasn't delivered the death blow.

City pulls one back it will get crazy stupid the last half hour.

I considered that but Barca just look technically better. Their passing is better, their runs are better, they play more intelligently. They're just better.

All ManCity does is hoof it into the box and hope someone completes a miracle at the other end.

Look at Barca with excellent through balls into the box leaving guys wide open on goal.

If the EPL wants to compete in the champions league, they get rid of the League Cup and stop loading up the Christmas schedule. Everyone else comes into the Round of 16 rested; the EPL sides are exhausted.

EPL teams dominated the later stages of the CL from 2005-2009, the league cup and fixture schedule is no different from what it was back then.

EPL teams dominated the later stages of the CL from 2005-2009, the league cup and fixture schedule is no different from what it was back then.

Interesting dates you picked. Manchester City was bought by the Sheikh in August 2008, adding another difficult opponent on the schedule.

Even besides that, there's a lot that's changed since then: the world tours now virtually mandatory during the summer for example.

Getting rid of the League Cup is just common sense. It serves no purpose and is clearly a hindrance. It obviously doesn't excuse the English performance, but it's an easy step to alleviate the burden.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Barca win. Hope they crash and burn in the quarters tho. Now time to
sam-rockwell-can-dance-o.gif

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Interesting dates you picked. Manchester City was bought by the Sheikh in August 2008, adding another difficult opponent on the schedule.

Even besides that, there's a lot that's changed since then: the world tours now virtually mandatory during the summer for example.

Getting rid of the League Cup is just common sense. It serves no purpose and is clearly a hindrance. It obviously doesn't excuse the English performance, but it's an easy step to alleviate the burden.

But City weren't a particularly difficult opponent, they finished 10th in 08/09. Pre season tours were common back then and I don't think they have anything to do with English teams poor performances in the Champions League, besides Bayern/Real/Barca also play games abroad in the summer.

The bigger teams don't take the league cup seriously anyway, they might play their best teams in the semi final and final but they put out their B team for most of the tournament.

But City weren't a particularly difficult opponent, they finished 10th in 08/09. Pre season tours were common back then and I don't think they have anything to do with English teams poor performances in the Champions League, besides Bayern/Real/Barca also play games abroad in the summer.

The bigger teams don't take the league cup seriously anyway, they might play their best teams in the semi final and final but they put out their B team for most of the tournament.

Yes, those three play abroad. They also play garbage teams every week except maybe 4 or 6 times a year plus a winter break.