City in the Boroughs - Queens Edition

How did you guys get an invite? I just changed my location to astoria (previously from westchester). I think i may have missed the cuttoff for being registered as a queens STH. did the invite come via email or website?
I got an email the day of my OP.

Why was Lampard listed as "Questionable" for 15 weeks when the player himself said he knew he'd be out 8-10 weeks?

Get me an answer to this and we all drink to your name.
Hell, if Patricof is willing to give a no-bullshit answer to that question I'll pick up his bar tab. Especially because he'll need the cash after CFG fires him for departing from the script.

It will be interesting what player they send to silence some of the anger in the room. I'm guessing Jack Harrison or Jason Hernandez.

It will be interesting what player they send to silence some of the anger in the room. I'm guessing Jack Harrison or Jason Hernandez.
Why Jason? I think you want players who are both beloved and not some sort of flashpoint. The eliminates popular icons like Mix or Poku because of playing time, as well as the usual targets of fan abuse. I think Harrison fits, but Jason is just sort of bland. Nobody hates him (mostly) but he's not especially beloved. I suppose bland and non-exciting could work (although sending any CB after giving up 7 could be an issue), but aside from Harrison I think the best fit would be the legend that is Tommy Mac.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Why Jason? I think you want players who are both beloved and not some sort of flashpoint. The eliminates popular icons like Mix or Poku because of playing time, as well as the usual targets of fan abuse. I think Harrison fits, but Jason is just sort of bland. Nobody hates him (mostly) but he's not especially beloved. I suppose bland and non-exciting could work (although sending any CB after giving up 7 could be an issue), but aside from Harrison I think the best fit would be the legend that is Tommy Mac.

He's been a good defender (statistically) this season. I wonder if they'd send Josh Saunders. I don't know too many people that would criticize someone directly to their face. The only PR event I saw him at was at the beginning of the club when they had a few players and Kreis at Modells.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Alternatively no one from NYCFC shows up because the intern who said "Let's schedule a 'City in the Boroughs' meet for the week after the Red Bull game" was fired Saturday night and now there's nobody in charge of making any part of it happen.

I believe TMac did the last one and he's doing the Modells in Westchester tomorrow (with Pirlo). Jack would be fun, but I'm skeptical they'd put him out there quite so quickly. Feels like something Vieira wouldn't like.

My guess is we get one of the following after taking account of other commitments, proficiency with English and some gut, but perhaps unfounded, instinct about Vieira wanting to avoid certain players.

RJ
Ballouchy
Mix (though I take the point about being a flashpoint)
Hernandez
Taylor
White

Lopez and Shelton also candidates on the basis of being charismatic and English speaking, but I'm guessing not. Mullins would also be, but it depends on whether the purported rift with Vieira is real or not.

Guessing it won't be Lampard :)

My guess is we get one of the following after taking account of other commitments, proficiency with English and some gut, but perhaps unfounded, instinct about Vieira wanting to avoid certain players.

RJ
Ballouchy
Mix (though I take the point about being a flashpoint)
Hernandez
Taylor
White

Lopez and Shelton also candidates on the basis of being charismatic and English speaking, but I'm guessing not.

Good list and well considered. I do think the flash point issue is real; it would put Mix in a very awkward position.

I just RSVP-ed for this but then I realized there's no game tomorrow, is there? So it'll just be us yelling at NYCFC employees for an hour?

Reactions: mgarbowski
Mullins will be the sacrificial lamb tomorrow.
I just came here to post it:
Hello,
Hope you are looking forward to the City in the Boroughs event tomorrow, May 25th!
Where: The Brewery Bar & Kitchen, 49-18 30th Ave, Woodside, NY 11377
When: Doors open at 6:30 pm; Event starts promptly at 7:00pm
We are excited to announce that Patrick Mullins will join Head Coach, Patrick Vieira and President, Jon Patricof to answer your questions. There will also be giveaways throughout the evening!
See you tomorrow night!

I just came here to post it:
Hello,
Hope you are looking forward to the City in the Boroughs event tomorrow, May 25th!
Where: The Brewery Bar & Kitchen, 49-18 30th Ave, Woodside, NY 11377
When: Doors open at 6:30 pm; Event starts promptly at 7:00pm
We are excited to announce that Patrick Mullins will join Head Coach, Patrick Vieira and President, Jon Patricof to answer your questions. There will also be giveaways throughout the evening!
See you tomorrow night!
I'm not invited to this one… but what's to stop me from just being at that bar on my own tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Reactions: adam