City in the Boroughs - Queens Edition

I know people are heated about a number of issues such as #RedBullWedding, LampardGate & Questionable Status and lack of stadium news. Having said that I would implore you to be respectful in your manner of questioning and refrain from profanity in these meetings. What we don't need is a replay of the Red Bull Post-Petke Firing Townhall. These things go viral and will reflect poorly on us all.

I know people are heated about a number of issues such as #RedBullWedding, LampardGate & Questionable Status and lack of stadium news. Having said that I would implore you to be respectful in your manner of questioning and refrain from profanity in these meetings. What we don't need is a replay of the Red Bull Post-Petke Firing Townhall. These things go viral and will reflect poorly on us all.
So sitting them all down at an empty table and shining a spotlight in their faces isn't an acceptable interrogation technique?

How are we feeling about attire tonight? Tasteful, low key NYCFC gear (e.g. lapel pin only), full-kit wanker, or somewhere in between?
I think whatever you want short of wanker. I don't think we need to make a statement via fashion. I'd wear whatever you're comfortable wearing on a regular non-game day, and if you want to take it up a notch or half, go for it. I'm sure there will be some folks in jerseys. I'll have my cap which is a daily thing, but I might not keep it on indoors. The pin is a good idea and I just pulled mine from the drawer. A scarf could be good but it's gonna be 90º today.

anybody have a plus one? and more crucially, would like to invite me?

I'm modestly optimistic it won't come to that.
Who will bring the full report right after the event? I can't make it.
I'll do so as best I can but I won't be taking notes. I'm sure others will chime in as well.
anybody have a plus one? and more crucially, would like to invite me?
Might be too late. I RSVPd first day using an online form, then tried to go back and add someone a few days later and it wouldn't let me resubmit. I emailed my account rep and he added the second for me. At this point someone else could try the same thing but I'm not sure it would get done this late, especially this week. AHABS, the staff seems a bit extended and distracted this week.

Might be too late. I RSVPd first day using an online form, then tried to go back and add someone a few days later and it wouldn't let me resubmit. I emailed my account rep and he added the second for me. At this point someone else could try the same thing but I'm not sure it would get done this late, especially this week. AHABS, the staff seems a bit extended and distracted this week.

just as well i suppose. all i wanted to do is hear about how lampard is a turd but i doubt they would admit to it anyhow.

Some questions I thought of:

How safe is Josh's starting job? Will we see a different keeper ever? Even in the USOC

Should we be expecting new players during the Summer transfer window?

Anything regarding Poku e.i. Progression towards more minutes or trading him.

Anything about a stadium. If nothing else make sure they know we aren't happy with the YS set up and as mentioned the the Stadium thread, people are really considering not renewing their season tickets.

And Lampard. Why his injury was so under wraps and more clarity in the system all together.

I am not going tonight (or any night ) cause I'm from the Albany area. So if you like you can ask these questions or rephrase them how ever you want, but they are up for grabs for anyone who is going.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
While I agree that no one should start cursing at Vieira, Mullins or Patricof, don't take it to mean you can't press for real answers aside from that typical "we're working hard" statements.

The Red Bulls supporters got on their ownership and they responded, they laid out their plans and told them what to expect. Here's a chance to get real answers from these people who seem to stick to the script whenever possible. Press then until they have no option but to answer you.

In addition to some of the obvious (stadium, etc.), here are some of the questions I would love to have answered.

Can you discuss generally what you think will be the strategy for the next round and future rounds of Designated Player signings? [NOTE: I would love to hear that the strategy is to find the next Seba Gio - prototype]

Are there other game day atmosphere enhancements that are planned for upcoming games? For example, the goal light show was a fun surprise, is there anything else like that planned to improve the live experience?

Has the team considered any ways to improve the acoustic impediments of Yankee Stadium in a way that may improve fan connectivity throughout the stadium? [NOTE: R roxfontaine had a great explanation for the problems with addressing this, but still worth the ask]

Is there anything the players would like to see the supporters do or do better to help maximize the home field advantage? [NOTE: I am sure there will be many comments and suggestions tonight as to what the team and players may be able to do better, so it would be interesting to learn what they think that we do or can do better to support them.]

Has there been any discussion of ways to alter the configuration of the pitch at Yankee Stadium in a way that creates a better playing field? For example, has there been any further discussion with the Yankees about the viability of working with the pitchers’ mound? [NOTE: I can guess what the answer is]

There have been many complaints about Red Bulls supporters dropping objects and beverages on fans in the seats below the sections where they were situated. A suggestion would be in the future to designate a certain number of empty rows in the front of the sections where they are placed to make it more difficult for them to behave in a similar manner.

ask them what the hell am I to do with my citizens points if all you offer is neon socks and ugly ass shirts. Would it kill them to offer an authentic jersey on there once and a while?! i mean shit if a $30 scarf comes up once in a blue moon for 1500 pts, then surely they could offer a jersey for 6,500 pts +/- 500.

I want to remind everyone this event is only one hour. Based on the preseason PV events, I expect Vieira, Patricof and Mullins come in. Someone makes brief introductions. Then opening remarks from all 3. We're down to 50 minutes at most and maybe less. They will reserve at least 20 minutes at the end for individual interactions, photos, signatures, etc. and maybe more. At the preseason PV events that only meant somewhere in the range of 7 or 8 questions I think. There's no follow up either. This isn't a press conference. So there will be no ability to push for substantive answers, unless STH1 asks a question, and then when when it gets a canned answer, STH2 poses the same question. I'm not sure that will work even if we had that discipline as a group (which we won't) and to the extent it is attempted it just means other questions don't get asked.

One other factor is you were given the opportunity to pose a question in advance when you registered. I didn't take that opportunity but I bet others did, and most of those questions will have been submitted before the Red Bull Wedding. I bet the moderators put those presumably tamer questions at the front of the line.

This doesn't mean nothing interesting will be said or asked, but let's have reasonable expectations. I'm actually most interested in the opening remarks, and the extent to which they attempt to get in front of the obvious issues. I truly have no expectations for that. I could see them mostly ignoring everything bad because that seems to be a club policy. I suppose Saturday will require some mention but they could just minimize it. But if they do address some of this stuff preemptively, that would be something of note.

These aren't filmed or broadcasted. It's not going viral.

I want to remind everyone this event is only one hour. Based on the preseason PV events, I expect Vieira, Patricof and Mullins come in. Someone makes brief introductions. Then opening remarks from all 3. We're down to 50 minutes at most and maybe less. They will reserve at least 20 minutes at the end for individual interactions, photos, signatures, etc. and maybe more. At the preseason PV events that only meant somewhere in the range of 7 or 8 questions I think. There's no follow up either. This isn't a press conference. So there will be no ability to push for substantive answers, unless STH1 asks a question, and then when when it gets a canned answer, STH2 poses the same question. I'm not sure that will work even if we had that discipline as a group (which we won't) and to the extent it is attempted it just means other questions don't get asked.

One other factor is you were given the opportunity to pose a question in advance when you registered. I didn't take that opportunity but I bet others did, and most of those questions will have been submitted before the Red Bull Wedding. I bet the moderators put those presumably tamer questions at the front of the line.

This doesn't mean nothing interesting will be said or asked, but let's have reasonable expectations. I'm actually most interested in the opening remarks, and the extent to which they attempt to get in front of the obvious issues. I truly have no expectations for that. I could see them mostly ignoring everything bad because that seems to be a club policy. I suppose Saturday will require some mention but they could just minimize it. But if they do address some of this stuff preemptively, that would be something of note.

Vieira also takes a while to answer a question. If you look at the post game videos, he gets three questions and takes like 2:30-3:00 minutes to answer them all.

Reactions: Goodfella