Dispersal Draft 11/19/14

I think Reo-Coker would be worth a punt. Will their academy players be in the draft?

Only the ones who graduated to the senior squad. I read (somewhere) that the Chivas USA academy will continue to be run for another 6 months, probably in the interests of being fair to the kids who are playing there to let them find other places to go.

I don't get why MLS isn't letting NYCFC and OC pick before the rest of the league. They need players more than anyone. Flip a coin to see who goes 1st and 2nd, then random order for the rest of the league.

NYCFC will not pass. No matter what there are some players with MLS experience and will at the very least be worth a shot in camp. If we can land in the top 5 then it will be a huge success. Honestly, I want one of their 2 homegrown kids. It would help with the cap and could pay dividends down the road. Caleb Calvert is a good young striker that could learn a lot from Villa.

That's a great post SayWhat44 SayWhat44 - you've become a good poster here.

We need to fill out a roster. Even if it's guys 16-18 that can help out, what it does is it allows us to not have to trade future assets (draft picks, etc.) for usable players.

I love the idea about drafting Homegrowns. After Kennedy, get a cheap Homegrown. That's a great idea.

That's a great post SayWhat44 SayWhat44 - you've become a good poster here.

We need to fill out a roster. Even if it's guys 16-18 that can help out, what it does is it allows us to not have to trade future assets (draft picks, etc.) for usable players.

I love the idea about drafting Homegrowns. After Kennedy, get a cheap Homegrown. That's a great idea.

Thanks man. You too. I just think if we can't land Kennedy the idea of getting a homegrown without having an academy would be a huge win. Calvert is a former U-16 national player of the year and is only 18 now. Now will he play much next year absolutely not. But having young depth and cap relief will pay off down the road and hopefully develop him into a star or at least serviceable starter in a couple of years.

Accumulate assets for free? Yes please.

Reactions: Vito and Kjbert
NYCFC will not pass. No matter what there are some players with MLS experience and will at the very least be worth a shot in camp. If we can land in the top 5 then it will be a huge success. Honestly, I want one of their 2 homegrown kids. It would help with the cap and could pay dividends down the road. Caleb Calvert is a good young striker that could learn a lot from Villa.

I completely agree:
We currently have 5 players.
The expansion draft would bring a maximum of 10. (Most of them are fringe players for other clubs).
Re-entry maybe 2.
Superdraft: around 4. Most of the times late rounders don't get a contract after camp.

That's still a small pool of players to make a final roster.

The description of Delgado by Goat Parade intrigues me. Homegrown, US with a lot of flexibility as to where he can play would be really useful for NYCFC, since we don't know yet where our holes will be. Add to that the youth and upside and he could be very valuable.

The description of Delgado by Goat Parade intrigues me. Homegrown, US with a lot of flexibility as to where he can play would be really useful for NYCFC, since we don't know yet where our holes will be. Add to that the youth and upside and he could be very valuable.

Yeah I agree I am starting to lean towards wanting the 2 homegrowns more and more. I certainly think Delgado would be a great asset to our club. I also like the potential of Calvert but I don't see him contributing for another year or maybe more. There also might be a chance to trade up or get some more picks if the club likes some of these guys. I can't imagine the price being astronomical.

Meh. This just seems to be the way MLS conducts business. Everything done behind closed doors and they'll make an announcement when they're good and ready.

If you thought NYCFC internet traffic was a cluster f*** yesterday, wait until they announce we won the lottery and got the #1 pick!

Reactions: Vito