Dj Mode Named Music Supervisor For Nycfc

Mode better put me in the mood

20140512193100!Horatio_Caine.jpg

for soccer!

3455063+_cde7e7a8adb80e051b6cd7401294998e.jpg

Never heard of this guy. Just looked up some of his stuff on YouTube and am pretty bummed. I was really hoping for a more aggressive/punk rock vibe for YS, but it looks like we'll be stuck with hip hop just like every other damn sport.

EDIT:
Oh god. It's even worse than I thought...

Last edited:
Looking up the guy on YouTube, lots of Spanish music and hip-hop, some great 90s stuff so I'm happy. Aggressive/punk rock doesn't vibe with the city as much but maybe we will see a small amount of it.

What's wrong with just playing the game? PLEASE don't tell me they are going to blast music during the game like they do in the NBA. That would make me never return.

Are we really a hip hop crowd? I don't know many of you but assuming the bulk of the crowd will be in that 18-35 demo or whatever it's called - and white - wouldn't someone playing the Lumineers and Coldplay be more apt?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Are we really a hip hop crowd? I don't know many of you but assuming the bulk of the crowd will be in that 18-35 demo or whatever it's called - and white - wouldn't someone playing the Lumineers and Coldplay be more apt?
Very much a Hip-Hop person I'm 28 Latino grew up in in the hood. He'll no to Lumineers, Fucking hell no to Coldplay. Never ever..... EVER Coldplay. And most of the people I watch the world cup are mixed and Latino we are a hip-hop and Spanish music crowd. Btw I think you are looking for the term Millennial

Last edited:
I dont know where you are getting this, but I think the NYCFC fanbase is a pretty diverse crowd.

Just another corportate team hiring a DJ for their soccer team...My advice to MLS, stop with the gimmicks, free the supporters group and play soccer, thats it

if the SSS was in brooklyn, i would say yea to lumineers or maybe dr dog and alt j (not coldplay tho).

But we're playing in the bronx. Bronx is where hip hop was born.
Check out this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhneK1pr6cUoozpaWNPcxdmbGQAI5wCof
also i hope he plays: Chief Keef, Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel, Rich Mafia, Migos etc...
AND LIL B

But on demographics: lets be real. the crowd at the games will MOST likely be white males 24-47.
The top 40 will not work in this situation because the demographic is too diverse (besides most of the top 40 sucks)

Very much a Hip-Hop person I'm 28 Latino grew up in in the hood. He'll no to Lumineers, Fucking hell no to Coldplay. Never ever..... EVER Coldplay. And most of the people I watch the world cup are mixed and Latino we are a hip-hop and Spanish music crowd. Btw I think you are looking for the term Millennial

No I know the term "millennial" but there is a demographic that they always refer to as the "always important such and such" and I forget the age bands. It's like males 18-35 or something. I forget.

Btw if they put the stadium in Harlem, has to just be Biggy on a loop right?

if the SSS was in brooklyn, i would say yea to lumineers or maybe dr dog and alt j (not coldplay tho).

But we're playing in the bronx. Bronx is where hip hop was born.
Check out this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhneK1pr6cUoozpaWNPcxdmbGQAI5wCof
also i hope he plays: Chief Keef, Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel, Rich Mafia, Migos etc...
AND LIL B

But on demographics: lets be real. the crowd at the games will MOST likely be white males 24-47.
The top 40 will not work in this situation because the demographic is too diverse (besides most of the top 40 sucks)
Not true most people that will be there will be families. Tickets are cheap enough. Trust me I know what young families are making.

Reactions: Kjbert