Favorite league and team to watch?

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Personally I enjoy watching the Premier League. I think the competition is better than any other league in the world. Especially this year. The season will likely come down to the last game. The fight for top 4 is incredible as well.
Favorite team, Manchester City.
Been following them Since Dzeko came over to the club. That's around the time I started watching EPL as well and just fell in love with the team and the league.
I'm very excited for the MLS this year and next as well. I have a feeling it will grow in viewership with the introduction of new clubs and players.

Reactions: Dark Phoneix
For the most part I also dig on the Barclay's Premier League and, of course, this time of year nothing tops the UEFA Champions League. I really never had a favorite team, because I think it makes watching the game a lot more enjoyable without any of the built in prejudices I have when it comes to watching other sports.......although that now has changed with the MCFC-NYCFC connection. :D

I prefer MLS because it's homegrown. RBNY has been the team of choice but like everyone else here, it never felt organic.

As far as EPL, I mostly watch Swansea games. They are a team with great players. Unfortunately the other team is almost always better.

West Ham United and the EPL for me. Was excited when aguero scored the goal for city to win the league in 2012 mostly because I hate manu, along with spuds.

Exciting for you, playing united this weekend! They might actually come into the game with SOME confidence after the win this week.

I started watching EPL because they were on when I started to have to get up early on Saturday mornings with my son. I started looking into who to root and picked MCFC because their history of "our team sucked and now suddenly it's good" struck me as something I could relate to as I live in New Orleans and have been a Saints fan. Then that was the season City won the EPL, and I've been hooked since.

That was quite the season as well. To win it in that manner as a first year fan you can't help but be hooked. Shows you what football is all about.

Hopefully we can find that groove at the end of this season as well and win the league. We seem to be missing something. The explosiveness going into the final 1/3 isn't there. Slow methodical passing can't break down a defense that's just gone back into a shell. That's what teams are doing against us and it's very difficult to score on that.
The reason I like us playing dzeko is as you saw against Barcelona it creates an aerial threat. We can fling the ball out of our own half to him and Players can make runs off of his and this stretches the defense on a counter. I'd also like to see Manuel play two strikers. Something he's been very reluctant to do lately.

Hopefully we can find that groove at the end of this season as well and win the league. We seem to be missing something. The explosiveness going into the final 1/3 isn't there. Slow methodical passing can't break down a defense that's just gone back into a shell. That's what teams are doing against us and it's very difficult to score on that.
The reason I like us playing dzeko is as you saw against Barcelona it creates an aerial threat. We can fling the ball out of our own half to him and Players can make runs off of his and this stretches the defense on a counter. I'd also like to see Manuel play two strikers. Something he's been very reluctant to do lately.

I agree. It seems we just lost a spark when Negredo got banged up and since we've missed Aguero so dearly.

Exactly. Aguero is our only striker that is comfortable on the ball that can receive the ball in midfield and run at the defense. Draw defenders and create holes for runners.

I agree. It seems we just lost a spark when Negredo got banged up and since we've missed Aguero so dearly.

I've seen a believable story saying that Negredo never properly recovered from his shoulder injury, and is consequently playing very tentatively and shying away from getting physical with defenders because of the pain it causes him still.

I'm a Barca fan so I watch them every week. Big game today, el clasico

Real Zaragoza
Manchester City
New York City FC

From two of those cities (and have been attending matches and supporting the clubs since I was a young lad) and have spent quite a lot of time (and have family) in the last.

MLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most other leagues are boring with the same 3-4 teams winning it every year. Seriously.

posers...

I really like staying up late to watch San Jose play hoof ball and Lenhart elbow people. That's quality entertainment there.

I really like staying up late to watch San Jose play hoof ball and Lenhart elbow people. That's quality entertainment there.
Feel free to continue watching the other leagues. I am sure you have never fallen asleep watching Stoke vs West Brom before...