Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

And almost useless

Hear, hear. He wasn't especially effective in the only mediocre team in a subpar league (and yes, I watched their CL matches). There are better American strikers available to partner Villa.

looks like cambiasso is nearing a tottenham move. Shame, would have loved him here instead.

Also, didn't know where to post this but marcos lopes is joining Lille in the french league on a one year loan. He is such a good prospect....if it wasn't for salary restrictions, would have been awesome to see him here and watch him play in person.

Last edited:
Let me begin by establishing three things about this post:

1. I have found no credible sources of any kind linking him to us and thus am in no way attempting to establish rumour.
  2. I have not found reliable information regarding his previous wages and so cannot comment on financial viability.
  3. I currently have no opinion either way—that will likely change in a few days, of course.
Those qualifications aside, without further ado:

Ronaldinho is Now a Free Agent
(Goal.com, MARCA, Sambafoot)

So, with there now being [a remote] potentiality of him coming to NYCFC, would you want him to be our 3rd DP?

Ronaldinho is a great player. But he isn't the type who is going to run up and down the field all game. With Lampard, I think it would be wise to get someone who is able to press, and to track up and down the field.

He is now 34 and his contract is expiring in the Brazilian league. MLS had an article stating that he would make an announcement in the coming days as to where he'd play his future soccer. Three leagues were mentioned, one being the Brazilian league, one being the MLS, and one being a league in the middle east.

He is now 34 and his contract is expiring in the Brazilian league. MLS had an article stating that he would make an announcement in the coming days as to where he'd play his future soccer. Three leagues were mentioned, one being the Brazilian league, one being the MLS, and one being a league in the middle east.

Nothing specific to NYCFC, however, from what I could tell. I've just now begun frequenting the MLS website so didn't think to include it in my sources list.

I read today that his contract expires in December but he's MIA from Atletico Mineiro. They gave him permission to go to a ceremonial match in Portugal but he never showed up and hasn't returned to his club.

Ronaldinho would be a great name to add to MLS, but given what CFG have said about wanting to specifically target players of good character, would they go for a player who went AWOL while he terminated his contract with a club he couldn't be bothered to play for any more? He doesn't seem like he fits the personality profile.

Ronaldinho would be a great name to add to MLS, but given what CFG have said about wanting to specifically target players of good character, would they go for a player who went AWOL while he terminated his contract with a club he couldn't be bothered to play for any more? He doesn't seem like he fits the personality profile.

That aspect would be something any club would need to seriously consider. I'm not sure it is as simple as some of the reports are making it, but his actions are suspect, nonetheless.

Not sure how he would fit in the grand scheme of things. Mainly because of what BlueWarrior said.

Rafael Van Der Vaart. His contract expires next June, and his club looks likely to be facing a relegation battle for a second straight year. Only 31 as well. He and Villa linking up in the attack would be beautiful.