Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

Attitude issues. Not sure he'd be a Kreis type of guy. I'd love for us to go after Wes Sneijder.

Attitude issues. Not sure he'd be a Kreis type of guy. I'd love for us to go after Wes Sneijder.

At age of 30, I'm not sure if Sneijder is ready to join the MLS, although I'll be super excited to see him play in New York since I'm a Inter Milan fan and Sneijder was really good during his time in Italy.

Reactions: Kjbert
Maybe he doesn't like them. If we signed them, they'd accuse us of copying them because apparently only they have dibs on Brazilian players. Why is Ganso still playing in Brazil?

Ganso has had a ton of injury problems and regressed a lot. He also makes Ozil look like an extremely hard working player. So most of Europe has lost interest in him.

This thread was nearly on a two year hiatus. I'm not even going to look back on the past 14 pages of this thread. But DP's on our team, besides improving the roster, are to expand the fan base.

Villa brought in Spain fans, Barca fans, and Villa fans. The same applies to Pirlo and Lampard. Honda would bring in Japanese supporters, and we already have the team lined up to handle the media because of the Yankees. I'd think he'd make a stint playing for our Japanese sister club for a bit before he comes to NYC, could possibly return into Lampard 2.0

This thread was nearly on a two year hiatus. I'm not even going to look back on the past 14 pages of this thread. But DP's on our team, besides improving the roster, are to expand the fan base.

Villa brought in Spain fans, Barca fans, and Villa fans. The same applies to Pirlo and Lampard. Honda would bring in Japanese supporters, and we already have the team lined up to handle the media because of the Yankees. I'd think he'd make a stint playing for our Japanese sister club for a bit before he comes to NYC, could possibly return into Lampard 2.0
Biggest difference being that he would be far younger than a Lampard or Pirlo and can give us several seasons, as opposed to the latter two who are probably gone in a couple seasons maximum.

Reactions: Kjbert

I hope also in a Mexican player.

I said it along time ago and I still believe Fernando Torres will play for NYCFC. He's currently on a 1 year deal with Atletico and I hope he joins us next summer.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
I said it along time ago and I still believe Fernando Torres will play for NYCFC. He's currently on a 1 year deal with Atletico and I hope he joins us next summer.

Would be great. Unfortunately if they loose their appeal of the transfer ban they just got handed we might be in trouble. Not being able to bring in new players until Jan 2018 will likely cause them to hang on to current players longer than planned even if they are older than they would like.

http://www.espnfc.us/atletico-madri...eful-of-successful-transfer-ban-appeal-to-cas

Would be great. Unfortunately if they loose their appeal of the transfer ban they just got handed we might be in trouble. Not being able to bring in new players until Jan 2018 will likely cause them to hang on to current players longer than planned even if they are older than they would like.

http://www.espnfc.us/atletico-madri...eful-of-successful-transfer-ban-appeal-to-cas
Definitely possible as the club's MO to ride out the ban, but the players with expiring contracts would have to agree to it. Some may, if offered more money than they'd normally see, and some may not for any number of reasons.

Imagine Torres in and Lampard retained on a TAM deal.

F: Villa, Torres, Harrison
M: Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard
D: Matarrita, Chanot, Brillant, New RB
K: New GK

Now that, with the right depth, is a contender.

Imagine Torres in and Lampard retained on a TAM deal.

F: Villa, Torres, Harrison
M: Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard
D: Matarrita, Chanot, Brillant, New RB
K: New GK

Now that, with the right depth, is a contender.
Hating on RJ..... after he immediately gets an assist upon entering the game. Tough crowd.....