Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

My son would have a heart attack if NYCFC signed him, he loves him. Unfortunately just signed a multi-year deal with AC Milan. But yeah he was exceptional for Japan.

How about:
  • Teofilo Gutierrez of Colombia
  • Oscar Duarte of Costa Rica
  • Enner Valencia of Ecuador

Your son has good taste. Honda would be a hell of a signing.

People who have impressed me:

Guillermo Ochoa (Mexico, Goalkeeper) - Made a very good save towards the end of the game against Cameroon and was unbelievable against Brazil, MOTM. Probably wouldn't move for him as he would take DP wages and isn't a world name and is a keeper. Also, he is playing in a top European league (Ajaccio in Ligue 1) and is very young for a keeper.

Fabian Johnson (USA, Right Back) - Fantastic performance, lots of pace and did not stop running. Just moved to Gladbach though I think so would also be unlikely.

Jason Davidson (Australia, Left Back) - Had a good, solid game at left back. Defensively sound and tried hard to get forward when he could. Only 22. Plays for Dutch side Heracles Almelo.

Carl Medjani (Algeria, Centre Back/Defensive Midfielder) - Shielded the back four excellently and passing was good too. Faded towards the end though. Plays for Valenciennes, on loan from Monaco.

Mehrdad Pooladi (Iran, Midfielder/Full Back) - Had a very decent game when played at left back against Nigeria and their pacy forwards (Moses, Musa, Emenike). Probably man of the match, albeit in the worst match of the tournament. Plays for Persepolis in Iran.

Jorge Valdivia (Chile, Midfielder/Striker) - Tricky little attacker, scored a nice goal and very nearly assisted another with a lovely backheel. Plays for Palmeiras in Brazil.

Enner Valencia (Ecuador, Striker/Winger) - Fantastic in the air and covers the ground quickly, scored a very good goal against superior side Switzerland. Plays for Pachucho in Mexico.

Ochoa is a free agent.

would mario yepes be a DP? the man defies age. He is so good at positioning that he doesnt need to be fast.

You want 38 yr old Yepes? I mean I love the guy, been a fan of his since he played at Nantes but damn.

You want 38 yr old Yepes? I mean I love the guy, been a fan of his since he played at Nantes but damn.

Yeah he's no spring chicken, but if you watched how he plays you wouldn't even know his age. I wouldn't give him DP money, but yeah. He is a very, very tactically sound defender. If I was kreis I would consider him.

damnnn, Nantes? that is going way back.

So goal.com just posted this http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/4...rink-of-barcelona-exit-after-being-offered-25

what it says is Xavi has had talks with NYCFC, but Qatar offered a 25 million tax free contract.
Says he will announce his decision next week.

Still think we got a chance?

Reasons why me get him- Qatar isn't kind to foreign workers. Villa is a friend of his. NYCFC might boost their offer to secure his services after Orlando announced their marquee signing of kaka.

Has it been stated how much Villa is being paid? Do the club have to release this information publicly via MLS guidelines? As for 25 million tax free he would have to be insane to turn that down. There's a difference between greed and pure common sense. People say Beckham was motivated by greed to enter MLS but how the hell could anyone have turned down that deal at his age? Not to mention the option he's taken up in Miami (or elsewhere if that collapses which I doubt)

Has it been stated how much Villa is being paid? Do the club have to release this information publicly via MLS guidelines? As for 25 million tax free he would have to be insane to turn that down. There's a difference between greed and pure common sense. People say Beckham was motivated by greed to enter MLS but how the hell could anyone have turned down that deal at his age? Not to mention the option he's taken up in Miami (or elsewhere if that collapses which I doubt)
MLS Players Union post their members salaries across all clubs in MLS.
http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

For example, from the website I just learned that Thierry Henry makes $4,350,000 US a year in guaranteed compensation.

Its weird, not that long ago, I would have felt like NYCFC and MLS needed a player like Xavi at all costs. Now I'm like "Meh" if he comes, great, if he doesn't, great, we'll find someone else.

Movin' on up.

Your son has good taste. Honda would be a hell of a signing.
Yes, I've long thought MLS should try with some of these very technically sound Japanese players.

I'd love to see Kagawa and Honda both. Plus, it'd create more interest for MLS in Japan perhaps.

Really kind of surprised Seattle, which has huge Japanese connections, hasn't made a pass with a few Japanese players.

So goal.com just posted this http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/4...rink-of-barcelona-exit-after-being-offered-25

what it says is Xavi has had talks with NYCFC, but Qatar offered a 25 million tax free contract.
Says he will announce his decision next week.

Still think we got a chance?

Reasons why me get him- Qatar isn't kind to foreign workers. Villa is a friend of his. NYCFC might boost their offer to secure his services after Orlando announced their marquee signing of kaka.
I'm surprised that players are still going to the Middle East or China. Seems like just about every player that goes there just ends up wanting to leave only after a season or two.

I'm surprised that players are still going to the Middle East or China. Seems like just about every player that goes there just ends up wanting to leave only after a season or two.

Well Qatar doesn't make sense to me. After what happened to that french soccer player who wasn't paid, and was forbidden from leaving Qatar. Part of me wishes that NYCFC throws another offer at him to see if he will take it.

Reactions: einwindir