Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

Mario Balotelli was saying he wishes he had more privacy and faced less racism while he plays....I guess even Italians were insulting him at an Italian practice.

Sounds to me like New York would fix all that!
While I would love to have him here, Balotelli in New York would be just as good as oil in water

he is possible though.....he might do it to get away from racists. He is as unpredictable of a person as he is a player. Could very well happen.

Any World Cup player stand out to you (besides usual suspects), maybe someone from Costa Rica, Ecuador, Japan... anyone out there that screams NYCFC?

Keisuke Honda
My son would have a heart attack if NYCFC signed him, he loves him. Unfortunately just signed a multi-year deal with AC Milan. But yeah he was exceptional for Japan.

How about:
  • Teofilo Gutierrez of Colombia
  • Oscar Duarte of Costa Rica
  • Enner Valencia of Ecuador

My son would have a heart attack if NYCFC signed him, he loves him. Unfortunately just signed a multi-year deal with AC Milan. But yeah he was exceptional for Japan.

How about:
  • Teofilo Gutierrez of Colombia
  • Oscar Duarte of Costa Rica
  • Enner Valencia of Ecuador

Teo Gutierrez looked great in Colombias win over Greece. Wouldn't mind seeing him in NYC

Haha I believe I had... think it's called hmm the World something? World Sup? World Fup? World Pup? Ah any who...

Campbell has looked fantastic for Costa Rica, but Arsenal owns him

People who have impressed me:

Guillermo Ochoa (Mexico, Goalkeeper) - Made a very good save towards the end of the game against Cameroon and was unbelievable against Brazil, MOTM. Probably wouldn't move for him as he would take DP wages and isn't a world name and is a keeper. Also, he is playing in a top European league (Ajaccio in Ligue 1) and is very young for a keeper.

Fabian Johnson (USA, Right Back) - Fantastic performance, lots of pace and did not stop running. Just moved to Gladbach though I think so would also be unlikely.

Jason Davidson (Australia, Left Back) - Had a good, solid game at left back. Defensively sound and tried hard to get forward when he could. Only 22. Plays for Dutch side Heracles Almelo.

Carl Medjani (Algeria, Centre Back/Defensive Midfielder) - Shielded the back four excellently and passing was good too. Faded towards the end though. Plays for Valenciennes, on loan from Monaco.

Mehrdad Pooladi (Iran, Midfielder/Full Back) - Had a very decent game when played at left back against Nigeria and their pacy forwards (Moses, Musa, Emenike). Probably man of the match, albeit in the worst match of the tournament. Plays for Persepolis in Iran.

Jorge Valdivia (Chile, Midfielder/Striker) - Tricky little attacker, scored a nice goal and very nearly assisted another with a lovely backheel. Plays for Palmeiras in Brazil.

Enner Valencia (Ecuador, Striker/Winger) - Fantastic in the air and covers the ground quickly, scored a very good goal against superior side Switzerland. Plays for Pachucho in Mexico.

What about more Mexicans? Is the pay and draw that much better to play in Mexico than it is to play in MLS?