Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I root for NYCFC. Not CFG. I could care less about Man City or Melbourne.
thumbs-up.jpg

Again if he wasn't taking a DP spot, we might not care. But Lampard not here on opening day is affecting our ability to compete on the field. Manchester's entire roster is DP caliber players. We only get 3 and one of them might be a bench player in Manchester. Excuse me if I don't feel any sympathy for a "great" club being dependent on a 36 to win the FA cup.
Granted, it very well could be more than 3 DP slots by the time the season rolls around.

Reactions: Kjbert
CFG own this whole thing. Thankfully they had the money and brains to put it all together. Sorry you don't root for the whole group like I do but to each their own.

CFG own this whole thing. Thankfully they had the money and brains to put it all together. Sorry you don't root for the whole group like I do but to each their own.
I root for all CFG owned teams, just not at the expense of NYCFC.

Sorry I thought DP spots don't count against the cap aside from a base salary.

I root for all CFG owned teams, just not at the expense of NYCFC.
I think there's a lot of people getting worked up for no reason. The player has said nothing regarding his future. For all we know he's on track to be here in March.

I believe DP slots count about 380k towards the salary cap right now, correct me if i'm wrong.
No I believe that's correct or near enough of that value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's a lot of people getting worked up for no reason. The player has said nothing regarding his future. For all we know he's on track to be here in March.
I do think a lot of people are getting worked up for no reason, but its understandable to me. I did post earlier we should let the situation play out before deciding how much Frank cares about NYCFC or if he wants to be here, but its understandable why people are worried.

Not sure I understand what you mean. PS as much as I love Joy Division I have to put Stone Roses and Oasis ahead but I'm sure that's a discussion for another time and place.
1. The statement was pretty clear but I'll restate it. Why would a fan of the component teams care about the ownership corporation? George Steinbrenner was a jackass and I didn't care. I rooted for the Yankees. Before Steinbrenner bought the team the Yankees were owned by the CBS broadcasting company. No Yankee fan ever cared the slightest bit about how CBS's ratings were. It's 1967. The Yankees suck, but The Red Skelton show on CBS who owns the Yankees has the second highest rating on television. Who gives a crap? Nobody.
It's irrelevant to being a fan. OK, we're all light blue. Big whoop. When we start stealing players from one another we're not even pretending to be on the same team.
2. Stone Roses and Oasis over Joy Division? Stupid youth. ;)

Again if he is, what does it cost to say look we'll extend him until February and he'll join up with NYCFC when they go to manchester to train? He'll help us cover our needs but he'll be with the club that has prominently featured him on advertisement. Nips all the speculation and mockery on fans in the bud.

Reactions: MrE
Well for us MCFC supporters blessed to live here in NYC its a beautiful thing to have our beloved club be part of this conglomerate.

Can we agree Joy Division changed music and the world for the better so that The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis could exist?

Reactions: MrE and AndreT_NY
This reminds me of the conversation had about MLS clubs owned by NFL teams. New England in particular is treated as 2nd or 3rd class citizens by their owners because they are too busy making gobs of money on the Patriots. Its not quite the same, as NYC and MC are in the same sport and are actually sharing players.

I think most Revolution fans will also say to the Krafts, "we don't give a crap about the Patriots!"

mgarbowski mgarbowski quickly becoming my favorite poster

Christian Christian why would I support CFG when they might ruin the product on the field for NYCFC? If CFG believe that Frank Lampard should play for MCFC, then I can get on board with that. Just purchase his contract from MLS just like Spurs did with Deandre Yedlin. We 'll even cut them a deal. $10 Million USD and his contract belongs to MCFC.

Reactions: mgarbowski
By the way, doesn't MLS and Don Garber get involved here at some point? They have to. This is a single entity league. If MLS owns his contract, there should be some concerned folks inside of MLS.

By the way, doesn't MLS and Don Garber get involved here at some point? They have to. This is a single entity league. If MLS owns his contract, there should be some concerned folks inside of MLS.
MLS does own the contract, but I don't think they want to budge in and make the decision for NYCFC.

Pretty sure Garber has already stated MLS is steering clear and the situation has to be worked out between NYCFC & MCFC.

Well for us MCFC supporters blessed to live here in NYC its a beautiful thing to have our beloved club be part of this conglomerate.

Can we agree Joy Division changed music and the world for the better so that The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis could exist?
Don't want to get too off topic so I'll just say party yes, mostly no, and not elaborate further on the music stuff. As for the rooting for the whole group thing, I don't see why MCFC fans are so dense about this.

1. Your team MCFC was generously described as on the outside looking in at the Big 4 Plus 2 until the sheik showed up, so you're grateful for all he's done. Fine.
2. Most of you didn't give a thought about MLS until your sheik bought himself a team, and so it was easy to transfer the allegiance. Fine.

1. Meanwhile, for NYCFC fans who aren't already MCFC: the sheik has done nothing for us -- at least not yet -- so we have to reason to care about him or his hobbies.
2. Most of us already root for other UK teams and the chances of us switching to MCFC are vanishingly small. For all the talk about what mythical "real fans" are supposed to do on this forum, I don't think they are supposed to abandon their team to embrace some interloper.

That MCFC fans find this puzzling is preposterous.

And for all that I do think Lampard will be in NYCFC for Opening Day and this is more sound and fury over nothing, but the club needs to get in front of this. Today's reported statements -- unless they were completely made up -- show a lack of professionalism and an inability to handle news and reporters in very basic ways.

All of this really comes down to our third DP, if it's someone who is not very known then yes people will completely complain about lampard.

An example: If it's someone like Xavi then you damn we'll be sure not many will remember that lampard is sill on loan. Not because they are world class players and champions, but they were also Barcelona players an damn we'll know there are so many barca fans around the city and they would want to see them even if the players can't speak a lick of English. The interest would off set the negative of lampard being on loan

Last edited:
Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.