Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if Frank Lampard was there, you would have seen double the Chelsea jerseys.

There are players - Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney - that are institutions globally. I'm sorry if you think Villa is one of those guys. He's a better player but not the icon.
Lol this is only valid for English speaking fans/ countries. Just how villa is much more known in Spain + Latin America and any Spain fan around the world. Gerrard, Rooney and lamps are an after thought. Don't try to minimize villa just because what you have seen only one side of the coin. Also it depends who exactly is going to stadiums, but pretty much all Latinos won't cry if lampard is not there because the World Cup champion david villa is there. He is up there especially after 2010 World Cup.

Reactions: MrE
Villa is the star power here by what I've seen from people's responses in general.

You are correct that I am a MCFC supporter but I am also a NYCFC supporter who understands the situation and don't feel slighted like others because the player may desire to compete for higher prizes.
This is a NYCFC forum, not a MC or Frank Lampard forum.

Reactions: deedsy and Kjbert
MLS, not for lack of trying, isn't a Latino centric league.

But that's a different discussion. Fact is - both Villa and Lampard signed here. They should play here.

Christian Christian you keep proving our point.

1) Villa is the star power because he is here and Frank isn't. It's very simple

2) If he wants to compete for higher prizes, he shouldn't have signed here.

3) For NYCFC, the biggest prize is the MLS Cup. If there is a player on this roster that doesn't want to be here competing for the MLS Cup, then he should leave

Villa is a star regardless. Frank is a star regardless. We should consider ourselves lucky that our midfielder can be brilliant on both sides of the Atlantic. I think everyone will be happy the day he's here wearing sky blue whether it's in March or May.

Yes, but not at the expense of NYCFC. You are advocating for MCFC over NYCFC
No I'm advocating the best interests of CFG which is multifaceted and smart enough to know where assets are best utilized. We can argue the point all you want. The player will decide where he wants to be and when he wants to play. I look forward to watching him at Yankee Stadium just like you.

No. We shouldn't. He's not an NYCFC player yet. Right now, as far as I am concerned, he is a Man City player.

It would be different if he had been here for a while and did a loan spell a la Landon Donovan with Everton.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
By the way, Frank Lampard is 20x the star that David Villa is. It has nothing to do with winning a World Cup. Frank speaks English, played for Chelsea and is an EPL star. There are average New Yorkers who knew the name Frank Lampard. How many people knew David Villa?
This was a very ignorant comment.

I seem to remember at Lampard's unveiling/presser either Kreis or Reyna dropped the hint that Lampard would be the 1st captain of NYCFC. I think that must be up in the air now. It should be David Villa. That guy has said all the right things, has been at the fan events and, by all accounts, seems to be 100% committed to this club. He's also the first ever player and DP so he has the seniority too (if only by a few weeks). Hell, I'd prefer Jeb Brovsky to be captain before Lampard at this point.
#Jeb4Captain

image.jpg

No. We shouldn't. He's not an NYCFC player yet. Right now, as far as I am concerned, he is a Man City player.

It would be different if he had been here for a while and did a loan spell a la Landon Donovan with Everton.
However the massive hit his pay takes on the NYCFC salary cap tell us he is still a NYCFC player.

No I'm advocating the best interests of CFG which is multifaceted and smart enough to know where assets are best utilized. We can argue the point all you want. The player will decide where he wants to be and when he wants to play. I look forward to watching him at Yankee Stadium just like you.
Why the hell would anyone not employed by CFG give a damn about the "best interests of CFG?"

However the massive hit his pay takes on the NYCFC salary cap tell us he is still a NYCFC player.

Unfortunately yes. But soccer is weird. He hasn't even trained with us yet. He might take up 1/6 of our salary and not wear a jersey until after the Fourth of July

Again if he wasn't taking a DP spot, we might not care. But Lampard not here on opening day is affecting our ability to compete on the field. Manchester's entire roster is DP caliber players. We only get 3 and one of them might be a bench player in Manchester. Excuse me if I don't feel any sympathy for a "great" club being dependent on a 36 to win the FA cup.

Why the hell would anyone not employed by CFG give a damn about the "best interests of CFG?"
Not sure I understand what you mean. PS as much as I love Joy Division I have to put Stone Roses and Oasis ahead but I'm sure that's a discussion for another time and place.

Status
Not open for further replies.