Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
They spent more then they have taken in. It is scheduling that has prevented them from doing anything from doing anything with your money or playing a game. Fast ad loose you say? How many games or even practices has Lampard missed? Until that happened ens this is all academic.
And I understand that. The payoffs come later. I just said they haven't done anything for me yet. I have no scarf, no tickets, I've been to one crapfest of an event. In the future I will have tickets, go to games, and other perks. Don't be intentionally obtuse. And they've now publicly told a reporter that Lampard's future is an MCFC decision not NYCFC. Plus yesterday they said that after the draft the team will have 16 players. IF you count Lamps we have 7 and the draft is for 10. Do the math.

So we have one guy who actually said he roots for CFG, a corporation, and one that is fine with CFG doing whatever it wants to both teams, because they have spent money on the team.

MCFC is a team, many of its fans also support more local teams as second teams, for instance I know people who support Man City but also watch out in a secondary way for Bury or Rochdale or Stockport, even Wigan !!

MCFC fans are alliance d to the team through history, regardless of who owns the club. Just like United fans will support United despite the hated Glazers owning there club.

However the owners of Man City have broadened there horizons (The owners Horizons not the fans) and have gone off to develop a brand, a group of football clubs). Us City fans cant stop them, and we wish them well in there quest to create a brand from the roots of MCFC. They have been good to us.

One small part of that development was buying a franchise in the MLS, a franchise which happened to end up being NYCFC (whether by accident or design). No secret was ever made of the fact that they were developing a group of clubs with the image of there first child, MCFC.

Other developments happened in Australia and Japan, and more are expected to come. How these established clubs take any developments is open to speculation and debate.

But NYCFC, which I am hoping will be the biggest of the others, is a new club.
A club that should have its own identity, hell there fans should be able to support second clubs whichever league they play in. NYCFC should be for New Yorkers, but hell do not bitch about the branding, or City connections, you knew what you were buying into

The first step in getting Lampard back is cheering for this team on 12/10/14:

77BZsu4j.jpeg

A REAL TROLLER

- They have our money. You bought a season ticket or two
- They haven't played a game yet. So why panic
- They play fast and loose with actually, you know, keeping the players they announce on the team. They have not answered your questions yet because they want to be sure to give you the right answer
- They don't know how to run events. I think you might have some pleasant surprises coming

But if you feel so strongly, why not either ask for a refund and return your ST or put it on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AndreT_NY
MCFC is a team, many of its fans also support more local teams as second teams, for instance I know people who support Man City but also watch out in a secondary way for Bury or Rochdale or Stockport, even Wigan !!

MCFC fans are alliance d to the team through history, regardless of who owns the club. Just like United fans will support United despite the hated Glazers owning there club.

However the owners of Man City have broadened there horizons (The owners Horizons not the fans) and have gone off to develop a brand, a group of football clubs). Us City fans cant stop them, and we wish them well in there quest to create a brand from the roots of MCFC. They have been good to us.

One small part of that development was buying a franchise in the MLS, a franchise which happened to end up being NYCFC (whether by accident or design). No secret was ever made of the fact that they were developing a group of clubs with the image of there first child, MCFC.

Other developments happened in Australia and Japan, and more are expected to come. How these established clubs take any developments is open to speculation and debate.

But NYCFC, which I am hoping will be the biggest of the others, is a new club.
A club that should have its own identity, hell there fans should be able to support second clubs whichever league they play in. NYCFC should be for New Yorkers, but hell do not bitch about the branding, or City connections, you knew what you were buying into
If you don't see that keeping a player beyond what is good for his contracted club is more egregious than a branding issue, I guess you can't see past your own biases.

If you don't see that keeping a player beyond what is good for his contracted club is more egregious than a branding issue, I guess you can't see past your own biases.

I think you will find what is good for his contracted club will be decided by his contracted club. not You, me or any other fan

No. We shouldn't. He's not an NYCFC player yet. Right now, as far as I am concerned, he is a Man City player.

It would be different if he had been here for a while and did a loan spell a la Landon Donovan with Everton.

If you really think he is a MCFC player you are definitely in the minority both sides of the pond

I root for NYCFC. Not CFG. I could care less about Man City or Melbourne.

This sir is your right.

What is not your right is to slag off any facet of the CFG which includes MCFC after YOU made the choice to support your club, because what CAME WITH YOUR CLUB is the group connotations.

You do have a right to disagree with the group decisions, and to vocalise those disagreements but to do so only with respect to the rest of the group.

This is the right that supporters from other teams in the group have also, including those from MCFC, yet the rest of the group have had to learn to embrace the group set up.... you had the choice... lucky you

Christian Christian he's asking you to explain why anyone here should care about CFG?

I wish I had saved my previous answer until I had seen this post !!

Why the hell would anyone not employed by CFG give a damn about the "best interests of CFG?"

Looking at your signature..... You chose to support the CFG overlords... you knew the connection... you put your money into the connection..... you mug

Damn. And I wrote my prior post without even seeing this one. You really just refuse to get it.

I swear, posts like this make start to wish MLS would just buy back the franchise.

is this trolling at its best ;)

Trolling is coming to a team's board and telling the fans what they should think and who to support. Do some Man City fans think they are doing us a favor by supporting the team?

Reactions: DiRoma
Trolling is coming to a team's board and telling the fans what they should think and who to support. Do some Man City fans think they are doing us a favor by supporting the team?

Are you saying that because I am an MCFC fan I cannot also support a team that is in the MLS.... then sir, why are you supporting Everton this afternoon ? (Debate desk)

Just to be clear I've never stated that I think MCFC should keep Lampard. I believe the player should have the right to decide what is best for him. I won't hold it against him either way. I understand both sides of the argument very clearly.

If he's here then great. I'll be able to watch one of the all time greats live and in person from my seat at the stadium. If he's not then I know he's fighting for an English championshiip and maybe more and he'll be here when that's done.

I don't know why anyone is getting bent out of shape either way.

Reactions: mgarbowski
A REAL TROLLER
Why? Is this a ManCity forum?

I'd be perfectly happy with Lamps staying with MC until the Chelsea game at the end of January. It would make sense for him and he could join up with us when we go there for training. That said, if we go to Manchester for training and leave without Lampard that would be an extra slap in the face.
If Lampard plays on Game Day 1 for NYCFC most rage against MC/CFG will probably subside. This isn't the argument. It's ManCity interference in NYCFC players and the fear that Lampard won't play for NYC on day 1 that is the problem.

Reactions: Kjbert
If Lampard plays on Game Day 1 for NYCFC most rage against MC/CFG will probably subside. This isn't the argument. It's ManCity interference in NYCFC players and the fear that Lampard won't play for NYC on day 1 that is the problem.

I understand. I'm just trying to remain a little bit optimistic, at least until we get an official decision.

Just to be clear I've never stated that I think MCFC should keep Lampard. I believe the player should have the right to decide what is best for him. I won't hold it against him either way. I understand both sides of the argument very clearly.

If he's here then great. I'll be able to watch one of the all time greats live and in person from my seat at the stadium. If he's not then I know he's fighting for an English championshiip and maybe more and he'll be here when that's done.

I don't know why anyone is getting bent out of shape either way.

Fair and done as far as I'm concerned.

Will Lampard even see the field as much once David Silva comes back from injury?

Reactions: Kjbert
If Lampard isn't with NYCFC when the first game starts, they might as well let him stay in England for good because the NY fans will never forgive him. It will be a PR disaster and the end of the Lampard era in NYC. He will get booed every time he comes onto the pitch to the point where they'll have to trade him.

Why would anyone boo him? Seriously think about that. He will be the best player on the pitch the day he gets here. You will sing his name along with all the rest of us whether it's in March or June.

Hey Christian Christian and M MrE - it looks like Sergio Aguerro may have just blown his knee out.

Do you think that MCFC should have the ability to call in David Villa to replace him?
Foolish question. Villa isn't remotely the player Ageuro is so there's no comparison.

You must not know NYC sports fans
Yeah my living here for 12 years and being a season ticket holder of three teams makes me not understand. I choose not to be like the mouth breathers who believe everything they read in the Post or Daily News. I support my teams win lose or draw.

Foolish question. Villa isn't remotely the player Ageuro is so there's no comparison.

Oh, because Lampard is remotely the player Silva and Toure are at full strength?

If Man City could, they would have bought a MF to add to their depth, but they can't. With Negredo gone, and Aguerro possibly done for the year, you're telling me that you wouldn't take David Villa?

Oh, because Lampard is remotely the player Silva and Toure are at full strength?

If Man City could, they would have bought a MF to add to their depth, but they can't. With Negredo gone, and Aguerro possibly done for the year, you're telling me that you wouldn't take David Villa?
First, you're speculating about Ageuro. Secondly Lampard doesn't play either of Silva or Toures role on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.