Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you understand the freedom players have in the rest of the world then. Players have the power which is how it should be. As much as I want him in our starting XI I also respect his desire to show his abilities in England. Mls will be waiting whenever he's done plying his craft with MCFC.
You don't think I understand? You don't think I understand that if he is property of NYC and a "face of the franchise" signing, and he's not here, then fuck him in the face. Him and CFG.

Villa is the star power here by what I've seen from people's responses in general.

You are correct that I am a MCFC supporter but I am also a NYCFC supporter who understands the situation and don't feel slighted like others because the player may desire to compete for higher prizes.
CFG own this whole thing. Thankfully they had the money and brains to put it all together. Sorry you don't root for the whole group like I do but to each their own.

You obviously are extremely biased toward MCFC. Some of us were fans of "NYC TBD" and make no mistake, we'd be here anyway. To expect us to give a flying monkey fuck about CFG or to be "grateful" is to miss the point. We don't care about the group. We care about the club. If you want to spout what is best for MCFC, go to blue moon. If you want to talk about what is best for CFG, start another forum. I mean, you're not part of the royal family. How can you have a rooting interest for a group other than hoping your club is treated well and rightly by its ownership? Beyond that, I just can't be bothered to give a damn who owns it. The only damns that I give now are when the ownership group allows the club I support (ergo, me and other supporters) to look like fools.

You seem to only show up to defend MCFC. Hell, many of the actual Mancs on here even admit that it's utter shite that they are playing limbo like this. I don't know how you can't see the problem.

They want NYCFC to have a similar jersey? FINE! They want NYCFC to have the City branding? FINE! They want Etihad to be the sponsor? FINE! They want to call the damn stadium Etihad Stadium? Fine! They want NYCFC to train at their facilities? FINE!

I'm fine with all of this, it doesn't affect the performance on the field. Taking players away is a different story. Affecting the performance of NYCFC for the benefit of MCFC is unacceptable. This should not even be a discussion and I can't imagine why NYCFC is even letting this go down. They loaned MCFC Lamp. He is their player. I really really hope this is just just some weird communication problem and the media is blowing it out of proportion.

No I'm advocating the best interests of CFG which is multifaceted and smart enough to know where assets are best utilized. We can argue the point all you want. The player will decide where he wants to be and when he wants to play. I look forward to watching him at Yankee Stadium just like you.
Damn. And I wrote my prior post without even seeing this one. You really just refuse to get it.

I swear, posts like this make start to wish MLS would just buy back the franchise.

@Christian he's asking you to explain why anyone here should care about CFG?
How about because they were the ones that signed Villa and Lampard?

1. Meanwhile, for NYCFC fans who aren't already MCFC: the sheik has done nothing for us -- at least not yet --
I was under the impression that he bought you a team here in NYC for you to call your own and had some pretty impressive players signed to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point I personally don't care if he's on the pitch with us or not. I've never followed him, his career or MCFC. From what I read on him when we first signed him, not a fan. From what I get out of all this, it's going to be his decision to stay or go. Yes, I get it "he'll be match fit" thats great, if he decides to stay come training, don't even show up to Yankee Stadium, keep yourself in MC.

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
God you MCFC fanboys are really fuckin thick headed. Its absolutely unreal that you can't comprehend some of the logic other members are using here. WE are NYCFC fans and while SOME of us are MCFC fans, many are not. Every time some shit comes up and people are aggravated with the club you guys just say "well damn you wouldn't even have a club if it wasnt for CFG" or " you should be grateful for everything CFG has done for you" FUCK THAT. I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MAN CITY. I'm not a fan of theirs, I'm a fan of NYCFC. I'm not worried about the best interest of the CFG, I'm worried about the success of our club in the greatest city in the world. We have a right to be agitated and disturbed with the way this situation was/is being handled

God you MCFC fanboys are really fuckin thick headed. Its absolutely unreal that you can't comprehend some of the logic other members are using here. WE are NYCFC fans and while SOME of us are MCFC fans, many are not. Every time some shit comes up and people are aggravated with the club you guys just say "well damn you wouldn't even have a club if it wasnt for CFG" or " you should be grateful for everything CFG has done for you" FUCK THAT. I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MAN CITY. I'm not a fan of theirs, I'm a fan of NYCFC. I'm not worried about the best interest of the CFG, I'm worried about the success of our club in the greatest city in the world. We have a right to be agitated and disturbed with the way this situation was/is being handled
I agree with most of what you say from your view as a nycfc but come on Greatest City in the world,I take it you've never been to Bangkok ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Midas Mulligan
The first step in getting Lampard back is cheering for this team on 12/10/14:

77BZsu4j.jpeg

I was under the impression that he bought you a team here in NYC for you to call your own and had some pretty impressive players signed to it.
- They have our money.
- They haven't played a game yet.
- They play fast and loose with actually, you know, keeping the players they announce on the team.
- They don't know how to run events.

- They have our money.
- They haven't played a game yet.
- They play fast and loose with actually, you know, keeping the players they announce on the team.
- They don't know how to run events.
They spent more then they have taken in. It is scheduling that has prevented them from doing anything from doing anything with your money or playing a game. Fast ad loose you say? How many games or even practices has Lampard missed? Until that happens this is all academic.

Reactions: Goodfella and MrE
No, NYC did say something. They said the decision is not up to them. That makes them a joke.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/06/s...iming-of-frank-lampards-mls-arrival.html?_r=0

I think you will find that Man City have also said it is not there decision to make (article), yet I do not hear any Man City Fans calling there club a joke !

The people who can make the decision, namely CFG and (possibly) Lampard have said nothing and rightly so.
I believe Lampard to be a man of honour, but he will have confidentiality clauses in his contract, and CFG are quite rightly going to listen to both sides of the argument before making a public declaration.

I believe the only compromise after the $millions that CFG have poured into launching NYCFC and Frank Lampard in New York can only warrant a definitive answer.
I believe they want to give you a definitive answer and the only "issue" that will be discussed is the actual day / date that regardless of any other circumstance Lampard will leave MCFC.
Then and only then will you get the answer you look for.... My guess is Feb 1st 2015.... only 1 week after your squad gets together, and dont forget the first week of pre season is fitness, and Lamps is match fit already.

They spent more then they have taken in. It is scheduling that has prevented them from doing anything from doing anything with your money or playing a game. Fast ad loose you say? How many games or even practices has Lampard missed? Until that happens this is all academic.
Actually, it's not "all academic". We have our director and manager giving interviews sounding like someone cut off their man parts at the root when asked about the loan ending. You think they are doing that voluntarily?

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
I'd be perfectly happy with Lamps staying with MC until the Chelsea game at the end of January. It would make sense for him and he could join up with us when we go there for training. That said, if we go to Manchester for training and leave without Lampard that would be an extra slap in the face.

I don't agree with that at all. Lampard has earned the right to do what he wants. This risk comes with signing players who can clearly still compete and succeed in England and Europe. If Lampard stays in England then good for him. We should all be excited to have the caliber of player on our side who can be class on either side of the Atlantic.

Nobody ever earns the right to do what they want...
Lampard will always be a Chelsea legend that has come to City to do a job.
No different to Schmeichal, Seaman, Fowler and countless others..... Lamps has been good to us, we have been good to him, ok circumstances may have changed and we need an extra month, which little effects the reason he came to us in the first place.... Negotiate the month, thank him for his service and MCFC move on.

He did that when he signed a deal with NYCFC. If the club is really that powerless that they have to bow to CFG, then there will be a queen's metric fuck ton of people who do more than threaten to pull support.

You mis interpret powerless for acting as a group (the meaning of the word team) ...
He has signed for NYCFC, the only thing that has possibly changed is the Jan 1st piece, he might just take one for the team and do an extra month at MCFC....
Both of us (teams) are powerless when it comes to parental decisions (CFG)
CFG are not stupid, they know what the storm is, they know the potential outcomes, they and only they will decide how they come out of this best. I think that truthfully we all know what the outcome should be whichever team you support

And if Frank Lampard was there, you would have seen double the Chelsea jerseys.

There are players - Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney - that are institutions globally. I'm sorry if you think Villa is one of those guys. He's a better player but not the icon.

Why would you want to see Chelsea Jerseys at NYCFC ?
You should want to see only NYCFC jerseys in the home terraces surely ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Christian you keep proving our point.

1) Villa is the star power because he is here and Frank isn't. It's very simple

2) If he wants to compete for higher prizes, he shouldn't have signed here.

3) For NYCFC, the biggest prize is the MLS Cup. If there is a player on this roster that doesn't want to be here competing for the MLS Cup, then he should leave

Which player do you have that doesn't want to compete. Kick him out !!!

Villa and Lampard have taken the challenge, they will both compete. The one thing I know of Lampard is when he gets there he will give you 100% and no less. He is too proud not to compete. I am almost sure doesn't need the money for his retirement.

You mis interpret powerless for acting as a group (the meaning of the word team) ...
He has signed for NYCFC, the only thing that has possibly changed is the Jan 1st piece, he might just take one for the team and do an extra month at MCFC....
Both of us (teams) are powerless when it comes to parental decisions (CFG)
CFG are not stupid, they know what the storm is, they know the potential outcomes, they and only they will decide how they come out of this best. I think that truthfully we all know what the outcome should be whichever team you support
the bolded part is 100% right. And it has me a bit worried.

The last line is both funny and true.

The great thing about this group stuff is we don't even need rivals. Plenty of trolling to be done right here in ye (not-so) olde city football group.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Status
Not open for further replies.