Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they boo him mercilessly if he misses significant practice time.

I pretty much hate man city at this point.
Stop getting wound up
Man City have said nothing
New York City have said nothing
CFG have said nothing
Fat Frank has said nothing

No indication he is staying with MCFC anywhere.

Media fucking hype has a lot to answer for. The motto of the British Press is "If there is no story make one"

He doesnt need the same practice that most do, remember he is match fit NOW..

But if you want to waste your energy hating Man City do it, I don't care

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Stop getting wound up
Man City have said nothing
New York City have said nothing
CFG have said nothing
Fat Frank has said nothing

No indication he is staying with MCFC anywhere.

Media fucking hype has a lot to answer for. The motto of the British Press is "If there is no story make one"

He doesnt need the same practice that most do, remember he is match fit NOW..

But if you want to waste your energy hating Man City do it, I don't care
No, NYC did say something. They said the decision is not up to them. That makes them a joke.

I don't agree with that at all. Lampard has earned the right to do what he wants. This risk comes with signing players who can clearly still compete and succeed in England and Europe. If Lampard stays in England then good for him. We should all be excited to have the caliber of player on our side who can be class on either side of the Atlantic.
Based on your post, you have your side. The rest of us here have the NYCFC side. His earnings come solely from a contract with that club. He gets fuck all say for all I care, but if he doesn't want to be here, sell his ass to MCFC and get us someone who does.

Oh goodness. Can you refuse the man the opportunity to play for glory in his home? He'll be here when he's ready to be here. You can't restrict what he wants.
He did that when he signed a deal with NYCFC. If the club is really that powerless that they have to bow to CFG, then there will be a queen's metric fuck ton of people who do more than threaten to pull support.

What too you so long? This is a fucking joke that there is even a "decision".

I hope hell rains down over this. I will do my part.

Last edited by a moderator:
My season tickets, I believe , were in excess of $3,000. Not a lot of money to CFG, but a lot of money to me.

My money was spent based on the premise guys like Frank Lampard were playing here.

I think there are three things that can happen here.

1) He shows up at camp and no one remembers
2) He doesn't show up at camp but is there for game one. There is a sh*tstorm by the Third Rail, but ultimately it doesn't matter because the sponsors who pay the bills don't complain.
3) He's not here for the first game and the interest dries up very quickly without the star power.

Reactions: whill4 and Paul
By the way, Frank Lampard is 20x the star that David Villa is. It has nothing to do with winning a World Cup. Frank speaks English, played for Chelsea and is an EPL star. There are average New Yorkers who knew the name Frank Lampard. How many people knew David Villa?

By the way, Frank Lampard is 20x the star that David Villa is. It has nothing to do with winning a World Cup. Frank speaks English, played for Chelsea and is an EPL star. There are average New Yorkers who knew the name Frank Lampard. How many people knew David Villa?
Quite a bit actually. The Latino community mainly watches La Liga.

So is this what you ManCity-fans-but-curious-about-NYCFC/MLS fans thought of when MLS announced a team in NYC?

Get used to it.
I seem to remember at Lampard's unveiling/presser either Kreis or Reyna dropped the hint that Lampard would be the 1st captain of NYCFC. I think that must be up in the air now. It should be David Villa. That guy has said all the right things, has been at the fan events and, by all accounts, seems to be 100% committed to this club. He's also the first ever player and DP so he has the seniority too (if only by a few weeks). Hell, I'd prefer Jeb Brovsky to be captain before Lampard at this point.
I think Andrew Jacobsen has been a captain while at FC Dallas. He has the height of command too.

Reactions: Kjbert
Based on your post, you have your side. The rest of us here have the NYCFC side. His earnings come solely from a contract with that club. He gets fuck all say for all I care, but if he doesn't want to be here, sell his ass to MCFC and get us someone who does.
I don't think you understand the freedom players have in the rest of the world then. Players have the power which is how it should be. As much as I want him in our starting XI I also respect his desire to show his abilities in England. Mls will be waiting whenever he's done plying his craft with MCFC.

I am not ready to start giving up on Lampard and questioning if he cares about NYCFC yet. I think we should at least be fair to him and wait until the decision comes down before starting that.
Also good point. I'm personally more upset about the fact that this makes us look real fucking minor league. Also those quotes don't really inspire confidence.

Quite a bit actually. The Latino community mainly watches La Liga.
Agreed. The vast majority of people I saw at Modells today appeared to be Latino and I saw more than a few Barca shirts.

My season tickets, I believe , were in excess of $3,000. Not a lot of money to CFG, but a lot of money to me.

My money was spent based on the premise guys like Frank Lampard were playing here.

I think there are three things that can happen here.

1) He shows up at camp and no one remembers
2) He doesn't show up at camp but is there for game one. There is a sh*tstorm by the Third Rail, but ultimately it doesn't matter because the sponsors who pay the bills don't complain.
3) He's not here for the first game and the interest dries up very quickly without the star power.
What star power would we be missing? Villa is by far a bigger presence. We still can bring a third DP. I think everyone is making a bigger deal of this than necessary.

My money was spent on seeing a club here in NYC regardless of DPs. Players will come and go. The club is the most important thing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if Frank Lampard was there, you would have seen double the Chelsea jerseys.

There are players - Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney - that are institutions globally. I'm sorry if you think Villa is one of those guys. He's a better player but not the icon.

Christian Christian what star power? How about our most expensive player?

You are obviously a Man City fan. That's great, but that's getting in the way of your thinking. You don't see this like we do.
Villa is the star power here by what I've seen from people's responses in general.

You are correct that I am a MCFC supporter but I am also a NYCFC supporter who understands the situation and don't feel slighted like others because the player may desire to compete for higher prizes.

Something else that is important - there is a salary cap. Frank's cap hit is way too high for him to be against the cap without playing for us. If he won't be here, we need another player worthy of that salary here.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Christian Christian you keep proving our point.

1) Villa is the star power because he is here and Frank isn't. It's very simple

2) If he wants to compete for higher prizes, he shouldn't have signed here.

3) For NYCFC, the biggest prize is the MLS Cup. If there is a player on this roster that doesn't want to be here competing for the MLS Cup, then he should leave

Status
Not open for further replies.