Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lampard misses a game for NYCFC to aid MCFC then the haters saying its a farm team and a tool for MCFC to abuse FFP are proven 100% (not 90%) right.

And I would be ashamed of supporting that.

I sort of agree with you, but the FFP abuse is not abuse. CFG have found a way to "Work within FFP" and FFP is ill thought out anyway.... FFP stinks to high heaven

But at the same time NOTHING has happened. It's not like his loan has been extended. He's there till January as originally planned and as no one here had a problem with.
If in January they announce he's there through February then ok that's fine he's back in time to train and start in first game. If he's extended further then by all means let's have something done about it. But right now there are much more important things on the plate like filling out our roster. Kreis just said they spent the last month working tirelessly in preparation for the Expansion Draft and there's plenty more of that to come so I honestly have no problem with them NOT taking time out to address something that they might feel either isn't an issue or isn't going to affect the team in the long run.
View attachment 910

If you are expecting a Shit storm, then you are to football what Michael Fish is to weather forecasting (Google it)

Us looking like we're begging for a player WE loaned back isn't an issue. Our club looking like a joke isn't an issue? We haven't played a game, we have no stadium, our jerseys are a manchester clone, we have no credibility whatsoever but hey as long as things end up IN Manchester's favor all is well.

Lampard will be with you, but if you are begging for a player that YOU loaned, then perhaps the loan agreement is not right in the first place. Who drew it up.....

I don't know if NYCFC needs Lampard to compete. But they better be positive that NYCFC will be a laughing stock if he isn't there on day #1.

MLS fans have long memories. If he isn't there on day 1, NYCFC will forever known as ManCity's toy and stepchild to CFG. More importantly, NYCFC will be forever known as ManCity USA.

You have a right to be independent as a team, but on the other hand, if the MLS grows to the levels of your ambition, then the day could come where MCFC could be NYCFC UK, I am a great believer in most things being cyclic

M MrE - you're not helping.

I'm frankly pissed as hell at this arrangement. If your club wants to keep him, then they should buy him back from our club for a substantial fee.

This arrangement where he's still technically our player but is at City's disposal - that's not a loan. That's theft.

I care exactly zero for the Manchester City franchise. As a result, I'm not particularly interested in the "City needs him" argument in any capacity. He's not Manchester City's player. He's ours.

and I won't be happy if he isn't here for preseason games.

Do people forget how awful Clint Dempsey was when he just jumped into regular season games without an offseason with his new teammates? Then the next year, he gets a full offseason with the Sounders, and he is one of the best players in the league. It doesn't matter how good a player is, they need to practice with their new teammates.

and yes I realize Dempsey debuted in August, but he looked out of sync for 3 months straight after that - it takes time.

I'm frankly pissed as hell at this arrangement. If your club wants to keep him, then they should buy him back from our club for a substantial fee.

This arrangement where he's still technically our player but is at City's disposal - that's not a loan. That's theft.

I care exactly zero for the Manchester City franchise. As a result, I'm not particularly interested in the "City needs him" argument in any capacity. He's not Manchester City's player. He's ours.

Point 1... I agree with you

Point 2... If he is technically your player (and I do not know the detail of the contract) I agree with you

Point 3... View it as you need to, if you can justify supporting any City group club then you support a club in the group and the love ($$$$) will be spread as necessary throughout the group.
I love the cute "he's ours" at the end of your statement.... He is GFG's

and I won't be happy if he isn't here for preseason games.

Do people forget how awful Clint Dempsey was when he just jumped into regular season games without an offseason with his new teammates? Then the next year, he gets a full offseason with the Sounders, and he is one of the best players in the league. It doesn't matter how good a player is, they need to practice with their new teammates.

and yes I realize Dempsey debuted in August, but he looked out of sync for 3 months straight after that - it takes time.

He will ----- in Manchester !!!

Why should City buy him? That's the left hand exchanging money with the right hand. All it will create is MCFC falling afoul of FFP and NYCFC having to pay more taxes.

Why should City buy him? That's the left hand exchanging money with the right hand. All it will create is MCFC falling afoul of FFP and NYCFC having to pay more taxes.
The loan keeps a Designated Player on the books so that we can't bring in a replacement. He continues to count against our salary cap, so the arrangement is actively harming our team.

A permanent move resolves both of those issues and gives NYCFC more flexibility to sign a replacement who can actually play for us.

A permanent move also keeps the club from stringing along the fanbase any longer. Signing a suitable replacement of similar quality allows the club to restore at least some of the reputation it's lost in this mess. We can't sign one with Lampard still on the books - to fix this, he must be sold.

I'm frankly sick of having to answer for the club's decision making on this. They've completely botched this and created a hostile relationship between the two "sister" clubs before one has even played a game yet.

I haven't seen an argument for NYCFC keeping Lampard other than "it's better for Manchester". Since he's publicly recognized as a NYCFC player, that shouldn't be at the heart of the decision here.

Point 1... I agree with you

Point 2... If he is technically your player (and I do not know the detail of the contract) I agree with you

Point 3... View it as you need to, if you can justify supporting any City group club then you support a club in the group and the love ($$$$) will be spread as necessary throughout the group.
I love the cute "he's ours" at the end of your statement.... He is GFG's

If he's going to play in MLS, he's signed a contract with MLS - the league has a single entity structure. His player rights are partially owned by MLS and are assigned to NYCFC.

As a result, there's zero chance that Frank is actually owned by Manchester, but is "shadow loaned" to NYCFC. Under MLS rules, that's not possible.

Edit: And please don't tell me that I support Manchester City by proxy. Chipotle and McDonald's are (or at least were) partially owned by the same ownership group, but even if I enjoy Chipotle burritos, you won't see me caught dead inside of a McDonald's.

LOL the sheikh creates a club from scratch, gets David Villa and Frank Lampard, and people are pissing and moaning. It's Frank's decision in the end. If it isn't already apparent, he chose signing for the MLS over the Premier League. As you can see, he could still get a contract with a top club.

Just be happy a player like him will be wearing the NYCFC shirt next season. You could have some aging, useless guy who just wants to come in and pick up his wages.
I'd rather have a player that wants to be here regardless of talent or resume.

Honestly I really hope Lampard plays here day one just to appease the fan base alone. While he has provided depth MCFC will survive without him unlike here where supporters will cancel their season tickets and walk out on the club.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
M MrE your negativity and inability to see any other way but yours surpasses all bounds. Please describe to me what a shitstorm is in football terms so I can further understand how to predict one in the future. It's already happening on here/twitter/etc with TR and it's 1,000+ members sending a tweet storm to @nycfc which is exactly what is needed. Supporters of this club deserve an answer. MCFC fans have their players. We don't. This whole thing falls on MP for making statements which conflicted with Kreis and then Kreis keeping his mouth shut afterwards and MP continuing to fuel rumors does not come off good at all. So yes, we deserve an answer.
And the whole selling Lampadd thing isn't going to happen after they've already sold his shirts/jersey. Would be too much of a headache for too little. So he's either going to be here on time or he'll join late. Which isn't acceptable.

The loan keeps a Designated Player on the books so that we can't bring in a replacement. He continues to count against our salary cap, so the arrangement is actively harming our team.

A permanent move resolves both of those issues and gives NYCFC more flexibility to sign a replacement who can actually play for us.

A permanent move also keeps the club from stringing along the fanbase any longer. Signing a suitable replacement of similar quality allows the club to restore at least some of the reputation it's lost in this mess. We can't sign one with Lampard still on the books - to fix this, he must be sold.

I'm frankly sick of having to answer for the club's decision making on this. They've completely botched this and created a hostile relationship between the two "sister" clubs before one has even played a game yet.

I haven't seen an argument for NYCFC keeping Lampard other than "it's better for Manchester". Since he's publicly recognized as a NYCFC player, that shouldn't be at the heart of the decision here.

You would rather give up on a player of Lampard's caliber, and get some old wage thief playing in Italy or UAE at the last moment? Pfff.

In reality, NYCFC is a junior partner in this relationship. Don't believe the corporate speak. When MLS rivals the PL, then NYCFC will have more say. Until that day comes, you'll have to assuage your disappointment with the knowledge that you'll become the dominant force in the MLS whether Frank comes in March or May. A small price to pay.

Reactions: grandsolo
You would rather give up on a player of Lampard's caliber, and get some old wage thief playing in Italy or UAE at the last moment? Pfff.

The city of New York has enough drawing power to pull another great player. Frank Lampard isn't the only great player out there.

In reality, NYCFC is a junior partner in this relationship. Don't believe the corporate speak. When MLS rivals the PL, then NYCFC will have more say. Until that day comes, you'll have to assuage your disappointment with the knowledge that you'll become the dominant force in the MLS whether Frank comes in March or May. A small price to pay.
That's the fucking problem. We were not sold season tickets on the basis that this would be a child/feeder club. New York City absolutely deserves better than to be a feeder club to a club in fucking Manchester.

There are things more important than winning games, and getting Frank back doesn't mean that an expansion side is going to win anyway. I consider any match that I've paid for where Frank's not on the team sheet to be "services undelivered".

M MrE your negativity and inability to see any other way but yours surpasses all bounds. Please describe to me what a shitstorm is in football terms so I can further understand how to predict one in the future. It's already happening on here/twitter/etc with TR and it's 1,000+ members sending a tweet storm to @nycfc which is exactly what is needed. Supporters of this club deserve an answer. MCFC fans have their players. We don't. This whole thing falls on MP for making statements which conflicted with Kreis and then Kreis keeping his mouth shut afterwards and MP continuing to fuel rumors does not come off good at all. So yes, we deserve an answer.
And the whole selling Lampadd thing isn't going to happen after they've already sold his shirts/jersey. Would be too much of a headache for too little. So he's either going to be here on time or he'll join late. Which isn't acceptable.

Mid December .... CFG say Lampard stays .... Time for shitstorm (and I will join in)

Mid December ... Some Tosser on ESPN.com says Lampard stays.... Not time for shit storm.

Yes you should have an answer so this crap goes away, but only the right answer. IF LAMPARDS CONTRACT SAYS NYCFC it should be NYCFC from pre season.

NYCFC are a smaller club, not necessarily a junior partner.
There is a saying " all publicity is good publicity"
This is keeping NYCFC on the front pages.....
People in America will eat there words, just as people over here have started too,
The owners will do the right thing
The city of New York has enough drawing power to pull another great player. Frank Lampard isn't the only great player out there.

That's the fucking problem. We were not sold season tickets on the basis that this would be a child/feeder club. New York City absolutely deserves better than to be a feeder club to a club in fucking Manchester.

There are things more important than winning games, and getting Frank back doesn't mean that an expansion side is going to win anyway. I consider any match that I've paid for where Frank's not on the team sheet to be "services undelivered".

I cannot find any statement by Mansour stating how you were sold season tickets. If you can provide me with a link quoting Mansour I will judge based upon that (Mansour not a NYCFC marketing official)

You are right in saying that you should not be a feeder club in the sense that MCFC just rob you of your best resources and sell it on. But NYCFC will always be intrinsically linked to MCFC however it was sold to you. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to work that out. How you rationalise it is up to you as individuals.

This is as near a news piece as I can find (and I am always sceptical about newspaper reports)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lose-establishing-new-MLS-franchise-100m.html

Status
Not open for further replies.