Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lampard wants to stay, I am ok with that. But buy him so our team can go field the three DPs we will need to compete. And do it as soon as the transfer window opens.

I'm also worried about his fitness. If he joins here immediately before the season, he will have gone 26 months without taking a break (Aug 2013 through May 2014 through World Cup through Feb 2015 through Nov 2015)

If Lampard wants to stay, I am ok with that. But buy him so our team can go field the three DPs we will need to compete. And do it as soon as the transfer window opens.

I'm also worried about his fitness. If he joins here immediately before the season, he will have gone 26 months without taking a break (Aug 2013 through May 2014 through World Cup through Feb 2015 through Nov 2015)

That is why he should join on 1st Feb... To be involved with the squad and play a bit part pre season, getting him acclimatised but also giving him a bit of a break before mid March

What paper is that? The end of March makes no sense. It blows past the start of our season but ends short if the end of their season. It just maximizes the unhappiness.

Its the Sunday Mirror ... known for crap

MrE said:
Bluemoon Bluemoon I see you replenished your toilet paper supplies.....

Have you got nothing better to do than wind other City owned enterprises up with what you know is unsubstantiated bullshit, peddled by a media that will print anything to sell a paper

I should have saved this as a message to you View attachment 917
Ffs take a chill pill.Shouldn't they see what's being reported in the papers over here?

Bluemoon Bluemoon I see you replenished your toilet paper supplies.....

Have you got nothing better to do than wind other City owned enterprises up with what you know is unsubstantiated bullshit, peddled by a media that will print anything to sell a paper

I should have saved this as a message to you View attachment 917
I generally go through life in a way that's analogous to that gif. As would be expected, results and reactions vary widely.

Reactions: MrE and Kjbert
Callum Williams‏@CalWilliamsComm
Pellegrini on Lampard - "Frank wants to stay, we want to keep him. Now we must resolve the problem with New York City and #MLS ".
I was just coming on the site to say I saw that same quote from a Reuters story in this mornings NY Times.
I don't mean to put the cart before the horse, but if that's the way Lampard wants it, it would be beneficial to NYCFC to do all they can to accommodate him.

Fare thee well Frank and no hard feelings. Better to dump him now and get one or two more guys who want to be here rather than find out in July he still doesn't want to be in New York.

Copied from a news source ...

How things can get misinterpreted ........ Bold is my addition

Frank Lampard continues to show that he's far from finished as a topflight footballer (Saying he is still good enough for the Prem)as the former Chelsea man turned match winner for us against Leicester on Saturday.

Lampard's goal gave us the one-nil win at Leicester with Manuel Pellegrini for the first time admitting to the media that he's keen on keeping him beyond the end of his initial loan spell (Which finishes at the end of December but no timescale is put on Pellegrini's wanted extension), which of course is set to end at the end of the month.

The City boss has previously been coy on the topic but has for the first time properly admitted that he's hopeful we can keep him.(For how long ?)

Yet he also knows that such an agreement will need plenty ironed out with his MLS outfit, of course our sister club, New York City FC but is keen on this being sorted out sooner rather than later because it's important for all concerned. ITS NOT HIS DECISION

He said: 'Before December finishes we will have a decision but, as I repeat, I think Frank is a very important player for us and I hope we will not have any problems for him to stay here but I cannot say just from one side what will happen with him. 'He has a loan just until the end of December and there is another club involved.(who will want him before there season starts, Pelligrini may be admitting NYCFC might want him to have a break)

'The MLS is involved also. There are a lot of parties with an arrangement. It's not just depending on one opinion but I hope we can have a decision as soon as possible because it's important for us and the players.'(Both Man City and New York City want a decision, so they can move on with there plans and eliminate this distraction)

With Yaya Toure heading off for the African Cup on Nations in the New Year too his staying could be all the more important, not that Pellegrini yet knows exactly when Yaya heads off to join up with the Ivory Coast, beyond 'it's in the first 10 days of the month that he must go.' And knows he will be back in Feburary... "Please NYCFC, can we keep Frank as insurance for January"

Lampard's 175th goal in the topflight, which is phenomenal for a midfielder, puts him joint fourth on the all-time list but more importantly for us helps keep the pressure on Chelsea.exagerates his importance to City

We'll hope that he can add a few more between now and the end of the season, as Lampard has apparently expressed a desire to stay....(I will help you out till Yaya returns perhaps)

Read more: http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=548514#ixzz3Lsyg0UnN

The papers and shitty tabloids print ridiculous stories (and put them online for that matter) to sell papers and get hits on their websites. I've seen countless articles with no basis and this is no truer than around transfer season. Don't believe anything you hear unless you hear it from the mouths of the people involved and always be sure to get the full quote and context of what's being said.

It's not secret that this is an issue and MCFC want their man to stay but no use getting into a tiff until someone makes an official statement.

Reactions: lostblue
A similar story

NO TIMESCALES
WHAT PROBLEM IS TO BE RESOLVED ?
Just wanting to jump on the bandwagon and stir the shit.

Manuel Pellegrini has set his sights on keeping Frank Lampard at Manchester City beyond his current loan spell with the Premier League champions.

Pellegrini's side overcame bottom club Leicester thanks to Lampard's 175th Premier League goal five minutes before half-time in Saturday's 1-0 win at Leicester.

The former Chelsea midfielder has now scored six goals since joining City on loan from New York City in pre-season and Pellegrini would dearly love to keep the influential 36-year-old at Eastlands for a larger portion of the season.

But, with his loan due to expire in January, there has been no decision on Lampard's future yet.

"Frank is very important, one of the reasons he played today was it was important to refresh the team," Pellegrini said. "Frank was very useful for us in that moment. Frank is a top player, he must continue scoring goals, he is great inside the box.

"We know exactly what we must do. Frank wants to stay, we want to keep him. We must resolve the problem with New York City and with the MLS."

I think he needs 6-8 weeks of rest. I have no problem with him joining us when we get to Manchester. But I don't want him playing in any games after December

I think he needs 6-8 weeks of rest. I have no problem with him joining us when we get to Manchester. But I don't want him playing in any games after December

Lampard is one of the true pro's. He will know whether he needs the rest or not, and how much.

if this really is all going down, it says just as much about MCFC and Lampard as it does NYCFC

Reactions: Kjbert
They (the Mirror) have no source, but are assuming that he will stay through MCFC next CL games. (1st leg Feb, 2nd leg March) I find it very hard to believe that they will keep him on the FFP restricted CL squad unless he stays at MCFC through the CL final date and end of the PL season. To leave at the end of March really benefits neither party.

Status
Not open for further replies.