Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here's how it's going to go down:

It seems beyond a shadow of a doubt now that there simply cannot be a debate on Lampard without passions being raised and tensions arising. That's not a bad thing per se - it's just normal human behaviour. But it leaves us in an awkward position. Maybe if I had been able to police things more and delete posts straight away as I had threatened to do it might have stayed under control, but simply put I don't have the time or energy for it, and half of the stuff I might want to delete is already some way back in the conversation.

We still don't want to censor debate here. That's not the path we want to go down. Similarly we don't want to let this issue bring down the whole forum by letting it go unchecked. So basically, we've discussed it and the whole "Lampard thing" is now going to be Debate Desk only. We don't really care if it's related to another issue and is a legitimate comment somewhere else, because even an innocent comment can still spark a feud. If Lampard's future gets mentioned anywhere it HAS to be here. We are willing to allow argument in the Debate Desk, because we can't really deny this issue exists and people need a place where they can talk about it, but we're not willing to allow the disharmony this is creating to infect other threads.

We're serious about this, and to enforce it there's going to be a simple rule - anything relating to Lampard's future posted outside of this thread will be moved here. On top, you do it once, you'll get a polite warning. You do it a second time, you'll get a 24-hour ban. Further offences will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. This place is establishing itself as the hub for supporter discussion, and we simply can't allow the factionalism this argument inspires to spread out from here - the risk of the fan base disintegrating or diminishing over this topic is just too high. Other than that, if you want to let off your steam in here then go ahead - we'll keep policing the thread to an extent and deliberate provocation will still be punished, but it's obvious that there is simply no way to contain the passions this issue is building up, so there's little point us trying to ask people to keep this topic civil.

One other thing I'd like to add. If you don't like the arguments being raised in here, just stop reading the thread. We will still keep an eye on this place to ensure it doesn't turn into a flamewar, but the number of reported posts that we are receiving now is getting stupid, and we don't want to have to deal with this constantly. This topic IS going to cause arguments. If you come in here, expect to see people saying things you might not like.

Just to reiterate. DO NOT talk about Lampard staying or going any place other than this. Just don't.

Well at least we now have a nickname for Lampard.... Voldemort..... (You know he who shall not be named in the Harry Potter books !!)

Well at least we now have a nickname for Lampard.... Voldemort..... (You know he who shall not be named in the Harry Potter books !!)

My tone in this post was probably wrong. We're not trying to make it so you can't talk about him. We're just concerned about the implications of it constantly popping up in a dozen different threads, and we're getting more reported posts than we like because of the nature of the debate.

Anyway, I don't want to completely derail this, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Last edited:
My tone in this post was probably wrong. We're not trying to make it so you can't talk about him. We're just concerned about the implications of it constantly popping up in a dozen different threads, and we're getting more reported posts than we like because of the nature of the debate.

You are admins, you will do what you think right for the forum.
I am only going to say that with 22 pages this was the most popular thread on the section (possibly the forum) so a higher percentage of complaints (I struggle to comprehend people complaining on a forum) is only to be expected.

In my lowly user opinion it is a bit like transferring David Villa to the reserves because the kit man complained about dirt on his boots.

What happens once we get the official word? That's probably not something you want to confine to the debate desk

What happens once we get the official word? That's probably not something you want to confine to the debate desk

We'll allow a thread in Team News when, and only when, news is announced, where you can discuss the news, whatever it may be. If any further rumours start arising afterwards, all discussion of them will have to be back in here, and we may decide to lock the thread in Team News if necessary.

The section it was in was news and rumors though.

This is hardly a rumor anymore, its just about verifiable fact thanks to a big mouth coach that won't shut the hell up in the press.

The section it was in was news and rumors though.

This is hardly a rumor anymore, its just about verifiable fact thanks to a big mouth coach that won't shut the hell up in the press.

No it is thanks to the press, who sensationalise stories to give them something to print..... The Coach has actually only said it will be decided by others later in December..... If the media didn't print non stories then the debate would not exist

With regards to the British media, check this clip

Then see what they wrote about Milner "restraining" Tevez. They cannot be believed
tev.jpg

Reactions: MrE
No point in reasoned argument grandsolo grandsolo this thread has been relegated to the "shit they can't agree section"
Wasn't that pretty much where we were heading before?

Disregarding what this means for ManCity, its a FACT that Lampard not showing up for NYCFC for camp is a slap in the face and a massive embarrassment to the club and the league.

There is absolutely no way it can be anything but that.

Wasn't that pretty much where we were heading before?

Disregarding what this means for ManCity, its a FACT that Lampard not showing up for NYCFC for camp is a slap in the face and a massive embarrassment to the club and the league.

There is absolutely no way it can be anything but that.

I can't say he is showing up for "camp" he may play during January. But he will be there pre season.
Camp is for players to build up fitness, how much more fitness does the MLS need than the EPL.

I do not think not doing camp is a slight on any entity club or league

Status
Not open for further replies.