Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be argumentative, but is Pelligrini putting NYCFC into a subservient role not a "development" in this process?

There is something we are missing here.
There has to be a reason for all this excitement other than one mans vague statement and an excitable press.

At the minute Lampard is contracted to MCFC, on loan from NYCFC.

What has Frank, New York, or the MLS, or even Man City actually said that makes things any different

"Lampard is a good player and I wish we could keep him as he has contributed so much to the team, but it is not my decision"

does not equal

"Lampard is staying because he is Man Cities most valuable asset, and the good people of New York will have to stuff it and put up with Scott Sinclair instead!"
Incidently Scott Sinclair is on a SEASON LONG LOAN at West Brom with a view to a permanent move !!

Manuel Pellegrini knows exactly what he's doing by taking this conversation into the public.

A more recent quote is "Frank wants to stay. We want to keep him. Now we must resolve the problem with New York City and the MLS."

That's a much, much different tone, E. It's creating an adversarial relationship between the two clubs. If you're trying to build goodwill in New York City, telling them that their desires to have their own players on the field are a "problem" is a good way to get a middle finger from this city.

"Manchester City needs him" won't play well in New York City. It just won't. I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I'm afraid it will.

Well its not like they need him anymore for the UCL now that they have drawn Barcelona. I've grown to be a Manchester City fan and I'd like them to do well. (For informational services I have always been against MCFC keeping him #FrankToNYC) But let's all face it... ManCity don't have a shot at moving on past Barcelona 1) without Aguero and 2) with the form that Barcelona is in. 1 Frank lampard does not offset: 1 lionel messi, 1 neymar, 1 suarez, and 1 missing sergio aguero

At this point I only see it as Pellegrini publicizing what's in his own best interest. He doesn't care about NYCFC (nor much reason to) and doesn't want to lose a player who has turned into a valuable asset for his team. That does not suggest to me in any respect that the real decisionmakers (ie, not Pellegrini) are prepared to keep the promoted face of a new franchise away from the team in its inaugural season. I am hopeful they are discussing with all relevant parties and simply deliberating as to the best way to faciliate his return in a way that will provide as much remaining value to ManCity without interfering with his return to his team prior to the beginning of the season (as well as not spooking the new fan base at a crucial time for the franchise). It is not an issue for Frank himself to address publicly at this point. That's my reaction to all of this until there is concrete news (not tabloid fodder) that suggests otherwise.

Well its not like they need him anymore for the UCL now that they have drawn Barcelona. I've grown to be a Manchester City fan and I'd like them to do well. (For informational services I have always been against MCFC keeping him #FrankToNYC) But let's all face it... ManCity don't have a shot at moving on past Barcelona 1) without Aguero and 2) with the form that Barcelona is in. 1 Frank lampard does not offset: 1 lionel messi, 1 neymar, 1 suarez, and 1 missing sergio aguero

Well the next round isn't until February and Aguero will be fit by then hopefully :)

However, that has nothing to do with the Frank Lampard situation.

Being a Manchester City fan I will be very disappointed if Frank isn't with NYCFC by 1st March latest. Obviously I know you guys want him there sooner. For selfsih reasons I hope it is after Yaya gets back from ACON, and then we can loan you Yaya, Silva or Aguero during our summer months has way of compensation :)

But seriously it is really down to the powers at be at both clubs to decide and for everyone's sake it should be made sooner rather than later.

Also. it has upset me to see the very negative remarks against my club, and I can understand some of it. However, I would ask all of you NYCFC fans to remember that we fans don't have a say in who comes and goes at our clubs.

Finally, I would say it is very wrong for the mods to move this thread no matter that the debate has drifted. If there are any offensive posts then simply do as they do on Bluemoon and temporarily lock the thread until it is cleaned up.

Hopefully this Lampard situation won't drive a wedge between the fans of both clubs forever.

Reactions: MrE
Well the next round isn't until February and Aguero will be fit by then hopefully :)

Being a Manchester City fan I will be very disappointed if Frank isn't with NYCFC by 1st March latest. Obviously I know you guys want him there sooner. For selfsih reasons I hope it is after Yaya gets back from ACON, and then we can loan you Yaya, Silva or Aguero during our summer months has way of compensation :)

But seriously it is really down to the powers at be at both clubs to decide and for everyone's sake it should be made sooner rather than later.

Also. it has upset me to see the very negative remarks against my club, and I can understand some of it. However, I would ask all of you NYCFC fans to remember that we fans don't have a say in who comes and goes at our clubs.

Finally, I would say it is very wrong for the mods to move this thread no matter that the debate has drifted. If there are any offensive posts then simply do as they do on Bluemoon and temporarily lock the thread until it is cleaned up.

Hopefully this Lampard situation won't drive a wedge between the fans of both clubs forever.

I think the Lampard situation isn't the only that is driving that wedge, there are some knuckleheads that are MCFC fans on twitter seriously asking questions like "can we get Villa on loan to?" and in the UK media driving that wedge in.

I don't get the expectation from MCFC fans that we should all support your team because the owners are the same. This forum is an NYCFC forum, if you want a CFG forum make one. Many here don't care about MCFC, and the wave of MC fans that come here and put their feet up on the coffee table is off-putting.

I think the Lampard situation isn't the only that is driving that wedge, there are some knuckleheads that are MCFC fans on twitter seriously asking questions like "can we get Villa on loan to?" and in the UK media driving that wedge in.

Well mate Twitter is full of knuckleheads period!!

If you take that media seriously you will be foaming at the mouth when your season starts in earnest believe me!!

All football (soccer) teams have fans who can't see past their own team whatever people say.

I don't get the expectation from MCFC fans that we should all support your team because the owners are the same. This forum is an NYCFC forum, if you want a CFG forum make one. Many here don't care about MCFC, and the wave of MC fans that come here and put their feet up on the coffee table is off-putting.

That what we have been getting to.
Well mate Twitter is full of knuckleheads period!!

If you take that media seriously you will be foaming at the mouth when your season starts in earnest believe me!!

All football (soccer) teams have fans who can't see past their own team whatever people say.
I try not to, but it really is everywhere we try to get soccer news here. People want us to be a shitstorm and this situation isn't helping.

Well I am interested in NYCFC because we are sister clubs and I will be hoping you have great success. I am not asking you to like Manchester City in return.

If the mods wants to ban me and fellow Manchester City fans because certain NYCFC fans dislike us then that is up to them.

Well I am interested in NYCFC because we are sister clubs and I will be hoping you have great success. I am not asking you to like Manchester City in return.

If the mods wants to ban me and fellow Manchester City fans because certain NYCFC fans dislike us then that is up to them.
I don't think they would ban you for liking Man City over NYC, it's activity saying that we our that Man City should always be the priority over NYC on an NYCFC Board, and getting why some of us would want our player back on time while a lot of don't care what is happening in the BPL. That is what would get you in trouble, keep in mine this is a NYCFC fan forum.

I don't think they would ban you for liking Man City over NYC, it's activity saying that we our that Man City should always be the priority over NYC on an NYCFC Board, and getting why some of us would want our player back on time while a lot of don't care what is happening in the BPL. That is what would get you in trouble, keep in mine this is a NYCFC fan forum.

Well I would expect people coming on gloating and starting trouble would be banned or at least warned.

I have done neither and have only said we are sister clubs. There has been a lot of discussion about the New York franchise on City Forums for over a year, so you can see why we are interested in NYCFC.

I am here to talk about NYCFC and the only reason I have mentioned City is because of the Lampard debate or in answer to a question about other City players coming to you on loan.

Reactions: MrE
Well I would expect people coming on gloating and starting trouble would be banned or at least warned.

I have done neither and have only said we are sister clubs. There has been a lot of discussion about the New York franchise on City Forums for over a year, so you can see why we are interested in NYCFC.

I am here to talk about NYCFC and the only reason I have mentioned City is because of the Lampard debate or in answer to a question about other City players coming to you on loan.
By what I said I didn't mean you especially I meant Some of the other Man City fans who come here and frankly act conceited and forget that what we are doing is trying to build a rival league. Yes we maybe 15 years away form that but we are working towards and CFG is trying to build multiple super teams. We aren't here to services Man City.

I am amazed this fire keeps burning. I can't wait for the day that Lampard is starting in our MF and our energies can be put to better use.

By what I said I didn't mean you especially I meant Some of the other Man City fans who come here and frankly act conceited and forget that what we are doing is trying to build a rival league. Yes we maybe 15 years away form that but we are working towards and CFG is trying to build multiple super teams. We aren't here to services Man City.

I haven't seen on this forum where people are saying that. All of the teams within CFG will be sharing their resources where they can. That doesn't mean any team is inferior to the other.

I really believe if you put this Lampard debate aside (not trying to play down his importance) then everything else has been positive between the clubs.

I haven't seen on this forum where people are saying that. All of the teams within CFG will be sharing their resources where they can. That doesn't mean any team is inferior to the other.

I really believe if you put this Lampard debate aside (not trying to play down his importance) then everything else has been positive between the clubs.
It's happen quite a few times hence why it is here in the Debate section and why you the Admins go off once or twice

1: aguero will be back before Barca
2: City's form at the moment isn't anything to sniff at

What makes this whole whining session even funnier is the player we need even more than Lamps is a striker. If MCFC truly was the evil overlord, don't you think, seeing as how they have 0 fit strikers at the moment, Villa would be in Manchester?

Reactions: MrE and Christian
Manuel Pellegrini knows exactly what he's doing by taking this conversation into the public.

A more recent quote is "Frank wants to stay. We want to keep him. Now we must resolve the problem with New York City and the MLS."

That's a much, much different tone, E. It's creating an adversarial relationship between the two clubs. If you're trying to build goodwill in New York City, telling them that their desires to have their own players on the field are a "problem" is a good way to get a middle finger from this city.

"Manchester City needs him" won't play well in New York City. It just won't. I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I'm afraid it will.

I still think "wants to stay" is "I will help out in Janiary whilst Yaya is away" any more than that and I will be pissed off too, I think my club is better than that !

Status
Not open for further replies.