Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the issue most of us have. Our issue is with the "may want to extend his loan until the end of EPL season" rumors, Frank being ambiguous, Pellegrini running his trap and our coach and DFO speaking as if they had as much say in this situation as some random homeless guy in Hell's Kitchen.

So what you actually have is either
i) an issue with the media for speculative reporting or putting words into the mouth of Pellegrini
or
ii) an issue with Kreis and Reyna for not refuting media speculation.

I agree it is high time CFG put an end to these rumours, even if they are keeping people talking about NYCFC.

I have found in todays press the biggest piece of Bullshit ever.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-City-January-transfer-news-and-rumours.html

If this journalist has any idea how to run a business then he would not even be suggesting this.
I only show you this before someone else does, and to demonstrate the depths the British Press will go to to get a reaction that sells papers..... UTTER CRAP DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD. If there is any truth in it I will be so disappointed in MCFC that I wont know what to do.... (A man in Britain is normally more faithful to his football team than his wife) I wont be able to walk away from them, but by god I will be fuming.

I have found in todays press the biggest piece of Bullshit ever.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-City-January-transfer-news-and-rumours.html

If this journalist has any idea how to run a business then he would not even be suggesting this.
I only show you this before someone else does, and to demonstrate the depths the British Press will go to to get a reaction that sells papers..... UTTER CRAP DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD. If there is any truth in it I will be so disappointed in MCFC that I wont know what to do.... (A man in Britain is normally more faithful to his football team than his wife) I wont be able to walk away from them, but by god I will be fuming.
Lol, that might upset the Americans even more.

Rumor now on Twitter - Lampard stays through May, in exchange, Iheanacho is loaned to NYCFC in exchange.

No thank you.

My worry about Lampard staying through the year is how exhausted he will be when he shows up.

If he stays through May, whatever - but then he needs two months to relax and then build back up his fitness.

Reactions: Fantazma
oh no the rumor is spreading like wildfire now

I like that deal a lot, get rid of Frank permanently , free up another DP spot, bring in an immensely talented young player that will be in starting XI for MCFC and playing Champions League in a year or two and most importantly we dont have to have a 37-38 year lampard on the books in year 2 of his contract(assuming he is sold to MCFC) This is a great opportunity for NYCFC in my opinion. We can get a younger DP instead and have nacho who is absolute stud for a year or two. Win Win in my opinion.

I like that deal a lot, get rid of Frank permanently , free up another DP spot, bring in an immensely talented young player that will be in starting XI for MCFC and playing Champions League in a year or two and most importantly we dont have to have a 37-38 year lampard on the books in year 2 of his contract(assuming he is sold to MCFC) This is a great opportunity for NYCFC in my opinion. We can get a younger DP instead and have nacho who is absolute stud for a year or two. Win Win in my opinion.
we wouldnt be selling him tho....he would come back in May

Reactions: Kjbert
I've already told club reps that I'm not renewing for 2016 if they extend the Lampard loan well into the season.

If Villa plays a damn minute in Manchester, I'm cancelling this season's tickets. I don't believe that it'd happen for a second, but even the thought of it has my blood boiling.

Rumor now on Twitter - Lampard stays through May, in exchange, Iheanacho is loaned to NYCFC in exchange.

No thank you.
I really hope that you're wrong, but that's also not the first time I've heard this.

we wouldnt be selling him tho....he would come back in May
If he's not here for the start of the year, I don't know that I want him here at all.

He'll be considerably less effective without any rest at his age, and will be dropped into the lineup during a key stretch without any degree of getting acquainted with the team.

I'd rather just make it a permanent move and wash our hands with it instead of waiting on a guy who clearly doesn't want to be here.

Moved Back to News/Rumors but please stay on topic and play nice. We will issue temporary bans if need be. Not trying to censor anyone or keep people from arguing but if you can't prove a point without putting brass knuckles on you're just asking for it.

Last edited:
I got scared when I saw this back in news. Thought here had been some development. Praying for a good outcome. I would be totally fine with a Jan 31 extension, pissed about an extension through Feb, and if he is going to miss the opener, he might as well stay in england.

I got scared when I saw this back in news. Thought here had been some development. Praying for a good outcome. I would be totally fine with a Jan 31 extension, pissed about an extension through Feb, and if he is going to miss the opener, he might as well stay in england.

Unfortunately not. We just weren't entirely happy with the way we were coming down so heavily on this topic and we weren't sure having it in the Debate Desk was helping. As long as this thread can avoid falling into flamewar territory - which it has for the time being, which is good - we're going to allow it to stay here for the time being.

Am I the only one who WOULD take Iheanacho over Lampard? The kids a stud and we could even convince them to keep Lampard out of that ends up being the case. Would love to have him here.

Reactions: Trone and BxLio91
Status
Not open for further replies.